PDA

View Full Version : Super duper sore spot on scalp

Arianwen
May 5th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I have a brutally sore spot on my scalp, I haven't been wearing tight hair styles or anything like that. What gives?!

Aljona
May 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Have you been rubbing the sore spot when shampooing or brushing it? Is it just sore and dry or does it look/feel like scalp acne?

I sometimes get a sore scalp from shampoos with too much perfume.

camillacamilla
May 5th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Sometimes just wearing my hair up a lot makes a sore spot- it doesn't have to be tight. Could it be a cyst/pimple on your scalp from a pore clogging conditioner?

Wikky Grrl
May 5th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Have you been in Central America lately? Perhaps it's a botfly

http://www.stanford.edu/class/humbio103/ParaSites2006/Myiasis/clinical%20presentation.html

(see what too much education & travel has done to me as a Biology student?)

jessie58
May 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Ew gross Wikky. LOL

Morticia
May 5th, 2008, 05:30 PM
*trying really hard not to make a joke about the word myasis*

Help, Jaime!

Anje
May 5th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Heh. I know an entomologist who got a bot fly while traveling a few years ago and named it. Barry the Bot stayed in his armpit for several months til he matured and emerged on his own, when he got thrown into a little jar of alcohol to be shown to faculty and students

Arianwen, I get nasty painful areas if I had a section of hair lying a weird direction for a while, then let it go back to a normal position. Half my scalp hurt like crazy when I let it down out of my first crown braid, for example. Could it be something like that?

I wouldn't be concerned unless it's still bothering you in a day or so. Sore spots just happen sometimes.

TammySue
May 5th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I get these mysterious sore spots and they disappear like they came. My Mom gets them too. Maybe nerve endings affected due to updos or some other manipulation of the hair/scalp?

Wikky Grrl
May 5th, 2008, 05:55 PM

Help, Jaime!

Oh yes Morticia - you can get them there too. Says so right in the article!

Hope everything comes out ok Arianwen

Jaime
May 5th, 2008, 08:16 PM

Help, Jaime!Well, if I contributed the jokes that come to mind, the mods would come after me. The last thing I want is to make myasis grassis. :p

cindy58
May 5th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I think sometimes all it takes to make one of those sore spots is a different part or twist of the hair. Hopefully it will be gone soon!