PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Any old timers about?

Starfilly
April 11th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Hey!
I’m not sure if anyone on here would remember me, but I thought I’d pop in and say hello. I used to be a frequent visitor here from 2003 to 2005 or so. Then I traipsed off to college for four years and ignored LHC shamefully! As a relatively recent grad, I’ve been scrambling to make ends meet, so I haven’t had time to revisit the forums, but I’d love to hear how all of you are doing!

Hairwise, I pretty much just maintained it at classic length during college, though I was quite determined to keep it long. I’ve been growing it out a bit more since then, and I figure I might as well grow it out to knee length (another 6 inches or so when it’s wet), just to be able to say I had knee-length hair once. I really love classic length, though, so I suspect I’ll cut it back to around 44” in another year or two. Sadly, I haven't had time to update my hair site (http://imaginary-styles.iwarp.com) in several years, but what I have is still up.

This is me now:
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/4258/hair9.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well and that I posted this correctly; it's been awhile! ;)

Stephanie

Laylah
April 11th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!!!! Very inspiring for us with wavy hair.

Gumball
April 11th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Welcome back! It's always amazing when you finally have time to branch out again. Your hair is looking awesome! I remember visiting your site and marveling at the creativity. It doesn't take a whole lot to stump me creatively more often than not. I think it will be awesome if you start frequenting these parts more. The more the merrier.

chotee
April 11th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Welcome back :smile:

I joined only in 2005...but i wanted to say that your hair is simply beautiful..the waves, the color and the lovely setting in the picture...

thanks for sharing....

Peter
April 11th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Simply incredible! I love the bright blonde highlights. :)

-simply Venus-
April 11th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I love the texture of your hair! I wish mine was like it, but mines like.. spirals in the very inside layer, curly waves in the middle layer, your texture for a very small amount of the outer layer, and almost straight-waves for a few strands on the very outside. The very ends of my hair curls into a loop when the rest stays wavy, usually. I wish my hair was even curlier. T_T

Your hair is so gorgeous it's crazy!

Eboshi
April 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Starfilly, it's been a long time :waving: I e-mailed you some years ago asking permission to cite your website when I made my own efforts to copy some of your hair styles.

This turned into a 60-day "hairstyle challenge" Since then, people have been doing hairstyle and hairtoy challenges. See ! You've inspired amazing things.:cheese:

Angela_Rose
April 11th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Hey! Welcome back. I'm not an old timer, really, but I've always enjoyed the styles on your website.

Also? Your hair is *lovely.*

Indigo Girl
April 11th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Welcome back! I'm not a true old timer, but I have to say, Wow! Your hair is beautiful!

renarok
April 11th, 2010, 10:07 PM
First off congratulations on making it through college. I hope you are on your way to your dream career. It is tough right now getting started. I have seen your creative hair styles. Amazing!!

Glad to have you back.

gossamer
April 11th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Oh my, the texture of your hair is fantastic. I have to wet braid mine and let it dry for a day or so before it looks even slightly like that - then I go around for a day feeling so pretty, and by evening it's more or less just frizzy.

You get to have pretty hair all the time! How lovely.

Best of luck on reaching knee length. That's my current goal as well, just to see if I can...

RedButterfly
April 11th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Hi Starfilly!

I remember you and your many hair styles! You inspired me to keep growing my curly hair long and try many new fun hair styles.

How are you? I hope that you are doing great.

Your hair looks beautiful. It's getting so long. What is your current hair routine?

It's great to see you back on the boards. :)

Loreley
April 11th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Welcome back! Your hair is simply gorgeous! :thudpile:

bte
April 11th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Couldn't forget waves like that! Good to see you back.

kelly-j
April 11th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Welcome back!
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

freckles
April 12th, 2010, 01:25 AM
welcome back! :) I wasn't here when you were last here, but I've seen your website plenty -- and attempted a couple of the styles. I think I need more hair yet :p

Your waves are beautiful! :)

Purdy Bear
April 12th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Hi Starfilly, your hair is gobsmackingly gorgious. Im just sitting here drooling!

DavidN
April 12th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Although I have never had the chance to read any of posts before now, Starfilly (I joined in early 2007), I would like to welcome you back to our community, and hope to see you around more! Your hair is truly outstanding, and those curls are awesome!

Chrissy
April 12th, 2010, 04:32 AM
I remember you!! :) Although I have never visited your web page. I'm going to do that. Thanks for linking it. I'm also glad you are back. Your hair is amazing. Welcome back!!!

inty
April 12th, 2010, 04:55 AM
I have no words, simply :thud:
Good luck with your goal!

sneakybea
April 12th, 2010, 05:11 AM
I remember you and your wonderful website, Starfilly! So glad to see you back, and your hair looks amazing! Just incredible that it's so curly and so long!

Bianca
April 12th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Welcome back, Starfilly :D
You have wonderful hair. Is it your natural color ? Love the highlights :)

KajiKodomo
April 12th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I remember you! I have ended up cutting, growing, cutting, growing, etc. since 2005, haha.

Your hair looks great!!! Welcome back! :D

Dani
April 12th, 2010, 06:13 AM
I remember your name, and your hair is just incredible. In every way. :D You must've been a young'n back then. ;) Well, I sort of was too, I shpoze. Well done actually keeping long gorgeous hair the whole time! That's the total opposite of what I've done the past 10 years. :p Thanks for the update and the beautiful photo. It's nice to have you here. :D

Pixna
April 12th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Hi, Starfilly!! :waving: I remember you!! You may not "recognize" me without my Bozo avatar...or without all the hair I had previously. :blueeek: I'm on my way back to long again!! Yahooooo!!

Your hair looks totally AMAZING!!!!!!!! :thud: Glad to see you back here after all these years!! :gabigrin:

Carolyn
April 12th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I remember you! Welcome back to LHC :flowers:

jackiesjottings
April 12th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Your curls are gorgeous :)

Igor
April 12th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Hi Starfilly! :waving:
Gosh, good to see you around again!

TiaKitty
April 12th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I'm relativley new here so you won't remember me, but I just had to stop and say your hair is absolutely delicious! The length and the curls are truly remarkable. I hope you enjoy it greatly.

Even my Sweetie, who is seemingly oblivious to all that I view on the computer, caught a glimpse of your hair and stood behind me, virtually dumbfounded by it's glory. To catch his attention, I know, you have some stupendous hair!

Kiraela
April 12th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Wow. I wasn't here when last you were, but I've always drooled over the styles on your site,and the hair needed to accomplish them. Heh, I almost wish this were real life so I could get you to autograph a hairstick for me... :p

spidermom
April 12th, 2010, 10:34 AM
It seems that you were fading out about the time I joined. I have thoroughly enjoyed your imaginary styles site and have visited from time to time looking for ideas.

restourceful
April 12th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I'm still fairly new so I haven't *met* you yet, but I see we're neighbors. :waving: Howdy, neighbor! Your hair is gorgeous! :thud:
*runs off to look at website*

GeoJ
April 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I'm not an old timer on this site, but I have visited your imaginary styles site for years to get ideas of how to do some of those styles. Before I found your site I did a grand total of 4 movie styles (all from the Star Wars original trilogy).

I also think your hair is beautiful, and you are lucky to have such thickness.

ljc
April 12th, 2010, 04:00 PM
ahh yes....starfilly is back....she of the most creative 'hair cages' that she peered out of......welcome back...are you going to 'rock' this generation with some of your styles???

paperwhite
April 12th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I joined after you took a break, but I want to welcome you back just the same! You have amazing hair, it's absolutely gorgeous. It's practically my dream hair :p Also, I've visited your site numerous times, I had no idea you were behind it!

princessp
April 12th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Your hair is amazing! Welcome back.:)

WritingPrincess
April 12th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I wasn't here when you were, but I've visited your website a number of times and wished you were still around. Welcome back! Your hair is absolutely stunning! I hope to see more of you in the future.

TammySue
April 12th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Hi Stephanie! :waving: So nice to see you again and your hair is as gorgeous as ever! :flower:

nicolezoie
April 12th, 2010, 07:53 PM
:thud: wow

MissCoco
April 12th, 2010, 08:11 PM

MsBubbles
April 12th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Oh my gosh! Your hair! How beautiful! I will go check out your site too.

AngelicBrunette
April 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I remember you! :) Nice to see you back, and your hair looks great!

Starfilly
April 12th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Oh my, I'd forgotten what a kind and encouraging bunch you all are! Thank you very much for all of the compliments. :)

Eboshi: I'm glad to hear it! I'll have to check out the 60-day hairstyle challenge threads.

RedButterfly: I don't have much of a routine, I'm afraid. A distinct lack of funds means that I pretty much just use whatever products are on sale. I'm not particularly fond of anything I'm using at the moment. I only comb my hair when I'm in the shower and it's full of conditioner. If I want to wear it down, I goop it up with whatever gel/mousse/whatever was cheapest that month and let it air-dry overnight, draped off the end of the bed. That's it, I'm afraid, but my hair seems pretty happy to be ignored, for the most part, which is convenient.

Pixna: I do remember you and your Bozo avatar! Your hair is looking so lovely and healthy while on its way back.

ljc: If I do anything crazy enough to beat the hair mask, I will certainly post it! :D

Deborah
April 12th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Yes, I remember you! Welcome back! :flower:

Your hair looks great! I'm so glad you kept it long through college.

Renbirde
April 13th, 2010, 01:42 AM
:waving: Hello! I was wondering what had happened. :D It's good to see you about again.

wtchmel
April 13th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Nice to see you, we could never forget the person who did all of those amazing hairstyles!!! you're someone i think about when it comes to hair!:) you're all grown up now,lol. Hope all is well.