PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

Natalia
April 11th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Im feeling a little exasperated with my body right now, well i ususally am but this time it relates to hair :p. I went thrift store shopping with my sister while she was here since alot of my basics have past the point of fixability and of coarse the best ones are in the nastiest unkept part of town :rolleyes: and i always try things on before i buy which equals a heck of alot of yuck in my hair :(. So when we got back and showered i decided it would realy be best to S&C , i hadnt done it in a while so i figured it would be ok i was juts bummed since my WO routine the last few weeks was making for ver cooperative hair.

I really wish i hadnt though becasue even with using the gentlest, mild, non-chemicall ickyness my head has been itching horribly every since! I ditched SLS/SLES a long time ago, im always very careful to read labels to make sure nothing has changed since the last time i bought something, and i never use anything (except aubreys GBP on my ends) that i am allergic/hve intolerances too food wise so why oh why am i now rejecting my favorite shampoos conditioners :confused: :angry: :confused: ?!?!?!?!

I didnt have any issues with them before going WO so is it that i just didnt notice (which with this degree of itching i cant imagine how) or that i became sensitive after not being exposed to it for a while? I have been doing at least a CO or SMT with the condishoner every 2 - 4 weeks since i started trying WO and didnt notice anything major till last month and i thought that wa sjust becasue i didnt rinse well enough. I COed the day after in case it was the poo but i just itched worse :( so now im back on WO and feeling radually better.

Like the title says my first reaction was a very exasperated "Seriously?!?!" like how many things must i avoid and if i do when is water going to start turning on me? Im just getting really tiered of this. Do you all have any ideas what i can do to manage this? My hair still needs more moisture than WO and oils can provide so im a little desparate to get myself prepared here.

Thanks all,
Natalia

julliams
April 11th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Could it be that your scalp is very dry? I found this and a little olive oil on my fingertips and then massaged into my scalp actually helped alot. Hope things clear up for your soon.

Natalia
April 12th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Could it be that your scalp is very dry? I found this and a little olive oil on my fingertips and then massaged into my scalp actually helped alot. Hope things clear up for your soon.

Thanks Julliams :). I have been oiling my scalp as much as it tolerates (it sheds badly if i get too much) since i figured the same thing but no luck adding some EO's to emu oil seems to be the only thing that helped so im goin to try that tonight before bed and cross my fingers. Its fine fro the short term but im not sure what to do long term especially for my length. Im ordering some catnip with my MRH stuff so hopefully that will help fill the gap for a while.

jera
April 12th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Could you try an herbal wash? It would be soothing to your scalp but get your hair clean at the same time. :)

Natalia
April 12th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Could you try an herbal wash? It would be soothing to your scalp but get your hair clean at the same time. :)

Wish i could Jera i have tons of them around, they just really really hate my length with a passion which is my dryness prone area :(. I think i will have to save those for when my natural hair is long enough to do a scalp only wash wher eit wont touch my old dyes length.

TXbarbie
April 12th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Hmm I have never tried WO since my hair is too chemically damaged... good luck figuring it out :flowers:

Flynn
April 12th, 2010, 01:50 AM
O-o-oh my gosh, I really, really know how that feels. I developed a sensitivity to the only shampoo I'd found so far that didn't give me the itchies. (Dermaveen, incidentally. It was teriffic stuff... while that lasted!) I'm an embarrassingly sweaty, smelly person, so there was no way I was going to try WO. I briefly tried using my body "soap" as shampoo (and doing a white vinegar rinse afterward), which... well, I guess it worked, but the bar had too much glycerin in it, so my hair looked kind of dirty even when it was clean. I eventually found [Al'chemy]'s "Very Gentle Unscented Shampoo", which is working for me at the moment... for how long? I don't know.

As for relieving it, fresh aloe vera is great, if you got it. FOTE aloe vera isn't bad, but gets kind of "crunchy".

Surely you should still be able to use your conditioner...? I occasionally use DBF's condish when mine's run out, and the fragrance tends to make my eyes and throat itch for the rest of the day, but I don't get the stuff on my scalp, and I'm careful to rinse away from my body, so that's (obviously) fine...

Purdy Bear
April 12th, 2010, 02:01 AM
If you are sensitive it might be worth trying a couple of things and then rotate them. I do believe if we over use products, foods etc the body can slowly reject them, and finally become allergic.

This is why food rotation in eatting plans is so important.

Natalia
April 12th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Hmm I have never tried WO since my hair is too chemically damaged... good luck figuring it out :flowers:

Thanks honey :D.

O-o-oh my gosh, I really, really know how that feels. I developed a sensitivity to the only shampoo I'd found so far that didn't give me the itchies. (Dermaveen, incidentally. It was teriffic stuff... while that lasted!) I'm an embarrassingly sweaty, smelly person, so there was no way I was going to try WO. I briefly tried using my body "soap" as shampoo (and doing a white vinegar rinse afterward), which... well, I guess it worked, but the bar had too much glycerin in it, so my hair looked kind of dirty even when it was clean. I eventually found [Al'chemy]'s "Very Gentle Unscented Shampoo", which is working for me at the moment... for how long? I don't know.

As for relieving it, fresh aloe vera is great, if you got it. FOTE aloe vera isn't bad, but gets kind of "crunchy".

Surely you should still be able to use your conditioner...? I occasionally use DBF's condish when mine's run out, and the fragrance tends to make my eyes and throat itch for the rest of the day, but I don't get the stuff on my scalp, and I'm careful to rinse away from my body, so that's (obviously) fine...

Hy Flynn i thought i remembered you having a similar problem. I dont use FOTE becasue of the preservatves and i dont have fresh gel but i do have freeze dried aloe and agar so i can make some. I triest putting the aloe in my mister and while ok on my hair not so helpful for scalp. Maybe the gel would be more direct.

Oh yes i could still use it on my length if i do it while wet int he shower but i generally like to apply it to dry or misted hair then bun which inevitably gets it on my scalp :(. I leave the condish on for a long time so waiting it out int he shower isnt an option. I will start experimenting with using condish only in shower again. At least its a temporary fix :). Thanks

If you are sensitive it might be worth trying a couple of things and then rotate them. I do believe if we over use products, foods etc the body can slowly reject them, and finally become allergic.

This is why food rotation in eatting plans is so important.

I have several different condishioners but they all have the same base ingredients the only differance are the herbs and oils and i do rotate them but i always have so its never really made a differance. I dont think its possible that i overused them. I was only COing twice a month tops so i dont see how that would work. I do belive in rotation for cosmetics and foods just dont see how it applies to this in particular. Thanks for the insight though!

MonikaHa
April 12th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I have been WO for about 3 months now, and last month my hair was so greasy that I just had to use a bit of diluted shampoo. The effect was the same, itchy scalp, and my face was breaking out really bad along the hairline.

I think, once the scalp got used to WO, it just does not like anything else.

Natalia
April 12th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I have been WO for about 3 months now, and last month my hair was so greasy that I just had to use a bit of diluted shampoo. The effect was the same, itchy scalp, and my face was breaking out really bad along the hairline.

I think, once the scalp got used to WO, it just does not like anything else.

Whew ok so it might not just be a "my body is tryign to slowly kill me thing"? Awesome then :D. Ok well not awesome that we itch but that it might go away if i decide to co back to COing more often.