PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is best hair length?

Fairlight63
April 11th, 2010, 03:06 PM
My hair is finally a little past BSL now & it is getting better to be able to do buns with hair sticks & forks.

So I was wondering at what length of hair do you think that you are able to do the most hairstyles?

Is there a length that you think is too long to be able to manage a lot of hairstyles?

Cirafly24
April 11th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Well, my hair is just about hip length. I haven't come across one yet that my hair is too long for, but I have come across a few that it is too short for. So maybe TBL?

jera
April 11th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I think it depends on hair's texture and thickness. Waist and beyond gives lots of options.

Too long to manage??? This is LHC. I'll grow it to the floor if it cooperates. :D

freznow
April 11th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I found I didn't have many more options at tailbone than classic - those last 6 inches were always just extraneous. So, for me, probably classic.

SophieSpector
April 11th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I think a little below wasit with a thick hemline is perfection with long layers. Still long but not so long you're sitting on it, you can still do lots of styles and if you wear it down your hair can still look modern aswell as traditional when you like it. I find the longer the hair the more traditional it looks. ( not saying its bad thing or I wouldn't be on this forum x )

Blandine
April 11th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Waist length seems perfect to me at the moment(!) because you can do lots of hairstyles but it is still manageable (for example, I sleep with my hair loose). I am not yet there, so let's see how I'll answer this question when I have achieved my current goal.

GoddesJourney
April 11th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I don't remember if my hair has ever been hip length, but if it has I was too young to have cared. That said, I am just going to speculate that anywhere between waist and tailbone is great, as in both long and manageable. That's why I've set my goals accordingly. Longer than that and I'll have to deal with the whole sitting on it issue. That and my husband is a "butt guy" so he probably would be upset if I started covering up the goods (ha!). Maybe one day I'll think about growing it out to classic on thigh, but quite honestly I think that would just be too difficult for me. At that length I think I would have to take better care of it than I plan to, so I'd rather have it a little less long and still beautiful than really long and straggly.

lesbia
April 12th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I love talibone lenght, and it is my goal of course :)

Speckla
April 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I was aiming for hip but I'm starting to think that waist is more realistic for me to be able to handle. I'll see when I get there. I may decide tailbone is better. :)

KajiKodomo
April 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I want tailbone length, at least. I haven't grown it past waist length in the past, and at that length, I still couldn't do a few styles (and still had a pretty sad braid). My hair is super thick, which makes it hard to do styles until it's much longer. It has to be at least BS-length before I can do an English braid that looks right. Before that length, it's just a couple turns or bumps. :D

Capybara
April 12th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I'd honestly have to say that each length my hair has been - from collarbone to tailbone - has definite advantages and disadvantages. But, I enjoy my hair at any length, each for different reasons. I'd be as happy with it as I am right now if it were BSL or collarbone or tailbone. I guess, though, I wanted to be able to say I grew my hair to classic length at least once in my life :D We'll have to see when I get there whether it's the 'best!'

Branwen
April 12th, 2010, 02:22 PM
For me, I think classic was the best length, as it let me use hairsticks and do twistless buns, neither of which I could do before then(even at tailbone).
But if that's not what matters to you, then of course another length may very well work better for you.

If you want your hair to look modern when worn down, but also be able to do some updos, I suppose a cut layered from BSL to waist would probably work best. If you want the most impressive visual effect when worn down, without hassles like sitting on it, a blunt hemline at hip will give you that.
And if you wanted the least overall maintenance, I think that would be a blunt cut at APL(no need for styling products, but also no need for updos - and if you do want one, you can do a peacock twist or gibson tuck at that length).

BelleBot
April 12th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I'm much happier at tailbone than I was at BSL, but in the past I think I was verging on classic, I could certainly sit on my hair and had to move it out of the way when I went to the toilet. :p
I'd love to get to classic as I think it's looks stunning, and I think it's an ideal length, any longer I imagine it would get too impractical, I do like to wear my hair down from time to time. I'll have to wait and see till it grows that long.

paperwhite
April 12th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Too long to manage??? This is LHC. I'll grow it to the floor if it cooperates. :D

Haha! Jera, this is exactly what I was thinking. :cheese:

I can't really imagine my hair ever being too long to manage, but I think that has a lot to do with its texture and lack of super-thickness. I'm sticking with my goal of terminal length just to see how long I can get it, might as well have fun with a bunch of hair styles (to manage it) along the way.

jackiesjottings
April 13th, 2010, 04:42 AM
I think I could do most styles at BSL. Mine is hip now but fine so I can still most things, but I now have too much hair for some claw clips, I need ones with a broad base or they fall out. I sometimes wish I had thicker hair so I could do more fancy updo's though :(

Nae
April 13th, 2010, 05:20 AM
The best hair length is one that is longer than what I have got!!! That is as basic as it gets lol.

Loreley
April 13th, 2010, 05:34 AM
I'm past classic now and it's getting a bit difficult to comb it because my arms aren't long enough. :D But I don't care, I want it longer! :)

chopandchange
April 13th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I'm past classic now and it's getting a bit difficult to comb it because my arms aren't long enough.

Not having experienced classic length hair yet myself, I never understand it when people say that. I can see how it would be annoying not to be able to comb the whole length in one "sweep," but, if your hair is longer than your arms, can't you just pick the hair up to comb the ends? :confused:

Feli
April 14th, 2010, 02:15 AM
My goal all along has been tailbone for all the reasons mentioned above. However, I recently had a trim from hip back to waist in order to get the ends nice and blunt and I am surprised to say that I actually like it better and am even contemplating cutting it shorter. I was so fixated on getting to tailbone that I didn't realize I wasn't really enjoying my hair as much as I could. Longer than waist is just not practical for me somehow. I love how tailbone length looks but if my hip-length hair drove me too mad to wear it loose, tailbone is probably not going to be much fun. I do love the updos I can do between waist and hip, but hardly ever wearing my hair down is a price I don't really want to pay.

bte
April 14th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I think everyone has a length (or if they are lucky, a variety of lengths) which they are happy with and which feel right for them. That will vary for each person. For me, I just want enough hair for a worthwhile ponytail, and beyond that the actual length doesn't matter.

Monsterkitti
April 14th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Im really enjoying my hair more and more as it approaches waist but I think hip or tailbone will be my ideal length. Nice combination of reasonable practicality and the extra length to do the styles I cant quite manage yet.

share801
April 14th, 2010, 04:44 AM
I am not sure of best but I never want to go shorter than BSL. It sill seems very short 3 weeks post chop and I have every desire to get it back into a healthy longer length.

slz
April 14th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Floorlength. Or more - never enough !

CelinaStarr
April 14th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I really like classic length.

chopandchange
April 14th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I expect I'll know once I've got there. :)