http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwmC8tqh23A

:agape:

PadmeAmidala
April 11th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Oh, wow!

Really cool!

SummerWarmth
April 11th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Are they extensions? :confused: They have to be...right?

Ravenne
April 11th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Holy guacamole!! That's insane!! Very beautiful though.

KittyLost
April 11th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Wow!
Someone must have a lot of time on their hands!
Haha! That must have taken days.

skarab
April 11th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Apparently it took 2 women 4 days at 12 hours each. Yikes. I love the way it moves though!

LadyJennifer
April 11th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I'm sure it's extensions. Someone said they assumed it was (on the comments), and she commented, but did not correct him/her. I'm pretty sure it's a commercial for the braiders.
It looks great though!

Carolyn
April 11th, 2010, 01:55 PM
So that was many tiny little braids? I watched it 3 times and I had a hard time seeing the braids. How could anyone sit still long enough to have that done? :bigeyes:

Renbirde
April 11th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Those are superfine rope braids, right? Hm... Maybe something to try the next time I have 4 days of free time. After I figure out how to do cornrows on myself! :D

Arriens
April 12th, 2010, 04:27 AM
... How could anyone sit still long enough to have that done? :bigeyes:
Easy, go watch tv. :p

Indeed amazingly done.

Magicknthenight
April 12th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Wow her hair is very pretty. I ended up watching all of her videos :drama:
I questioned if it was extensions as well but seriously if thats her hair it must be super thick unbranded!

How could anyone sit still long enough to have that done? :bigeyes:
I was wondering how anyone had the patience to actually sit there and do all those tiny braids! :meditate:

Loreley
April 12th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Wow! :disbelief

Dani
April 12th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I only had one word in my head, watching that for a few seconds: HEADACHE!

Well, there was an exclamation mark with my word too, I forgot. :D

Purdy Bear
April 12th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Wow, that is amazing. My thought was I wonder what it looked like out of braids, boy that would be jaw dropping.

BelleBot
April 12th, 2010, 08:14 AM
It says she had ankle length hair, so I'm guessing it's all real. Plus if it was extensions it would bulk up more than that I'd imagine.

The most I've ever had was about 60 braids, took me a couple of days to do it myself with purple extensions, or 8 hours for one woman. I loved them to bits but they look odd with new growth so have to be taken out after a month or two I've found.

Hers are very impressive though.

aef231
April 12th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Holy cannoli, my hands hurt just looking at her! Very impressive, though.

lesbia
April 12th, 2010, 12:25 PM
incredible.

Gumball
April 12th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Those braids are really cool, but I wouldn't be able to muster the patience for that. If the hair's real then that must be an interesting transition, but if it's extensions then that's a whole different thing to get used to!

YesitsReal
April 12th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I didn't realize those were braids at first. I was like, "Where are the braids?" Then, I was like "Her hair looks really dirty at the scalp" (because it was all piecey up there). Then I put it together. :rolleyes:

That seems like it would be very heavy. She doesn't look like she's having a problem, though. I just hope she paid her braiders A LOT. I wouldn't do that to someone without a heap of money or a car or something. I'd have permanently cramped hands. :D

In all though, the effect is pretty. Very swingy, if that's a word.

Keildra
April 12th, 2010, 02:38 PM
That looks like it would be a pain in keister to do and to have done but it is neat.

Renbirde
April 12th, 2010, 10:17 PM
... I just hope she paid her braiders A LOT. I wouldn't do that to someone without a heap of money or a car or something. I'd have permanently cramped hands. :D
If I recall correctly, she paid R2,000, whatever that is. :)

YouTube is doing site maintenance again, so I'm having a hard time confirming that number... (Confirmed.) And that price is for the braids and the extensions.

these are beautiful! ive never seen braids this long! How much does something like this cost?
hey choco, tnx u, i paid R2,000.

PineappleJello
April 12th, 2010, 10:28 PM
There's a lady in my city with braids like those that touch the heels of her boot. I'm almost ceertain they're fake, she has had them (from what I can tell) since at least July. I can't imagine the upkeep and cost.

Chibbylick
April 12th, 2010, 10:47 PM
they look amazing... but imagine taking them out? that would really give me a headache!
Chibby

slz
April 12th, 2010, 11:52 PM
If I recall correctly, she paid R2,000, whatever that is.
That would be Rands, from South Africa., which makes 202.55 € or 275.46 $ - doesn't mean much though, last time I had anything to do with South Africa (7 years ago) the cost of living was 8 times lower than here. Maybe we have some SAers here who could tell us if it represents a fair amount of money or not ?

Arriens
April 13th, 2010, 02:15 AM
That is my monthly rent ...
So yeah, I presume its quite a bit. ;)

Stunning to say the least.

s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n
April 13th, 2010, 02:27 AM
This is wonderful to watch, but I wouldn't go for this myself. I can imagine the attempt to wash it, the hair getting dry for hours, even if she washes the scalp only, and possible headaches. I get headaches if I go to sleep with only one too tight a braid, and this ammount? Ughh..

Magicknthenight
April 13th, 2010, 02:53 AM
This is wonderful to watch, but I wouldn't go for this myself. I can imagine the attempt to wash it, the hair getting dry for hours, even if she washes the scalp only, and possible headaches. I get headaches if I go to sleep with only one too tight a braid, and this ammount? Ughh..

Yea i have no idea how she can hold all that up. Especially in a pony tail. I can't wear those for long at all. Maybe shes just one of those people that doesn't have a sensitive scalp. I have a friend who can rip a brush along her scalp like its nothing.:patrol:
If i did that I'd still be feeling it later E_E
I would love to have my hair this long. I guess if you grew into it then you would have time to get used to it with new hair styles and things. If it just got added on there in a matter of days i dunno quite how well i would handle all that weight. :hmm:

s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n
April 13th, 2010, 03:18 AM
I would love to have my hair this long. I guess if you grew into it then you would have time to get used to it with new hair styles and things. :hmm:

I know this is a bit off topic, but I have this reoccurent fantasy that I wake up one day and my hair is suddenly knee length.. Well, SHE has just done it... I would have the same spark in my eyes if it happened to me :cool:

Aditi
April 13th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Totally Mindblowing!!!!! :thudpile: