PDA

View Full Version : Who's maintaining a length?

lapushka
April 11th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I'm currently maintaining BSL, have been for about 4 months. I can't seem to get past BSL for some reason right now. Maybe that'll change, I don't know. BSL was my first goal, and my second is waist length. I'm still hoping to get there some day. Maybe this is why BSL to waist takes such a long time? So far I've had one awkward stage, between chin length and shoulder. Going past BSL seems to be another awkward stage... but I don't really know. Maybe BSL is just the end stage for me.

Who's currently maintaining a length? What length, and why?

Lunnafindel
April 11th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I'm maintaining knee, have been since I was 12. I chose it because a) when I was 4 I heard of a girl with knee-length hair and it became my goal and b) I think anything longer would be a bit impractical. Before I was just cutting it back to knee, now I have goals of adding volume to the ends and reducing splitting, so I still have plenty to work on. (plus, because what I'm trying to change is so far down, it'll keep me occupied for a good long while)

spidermom
April 11th, 2010, 09:56 AM
It is unintentional, but my hair has been around this same length for about 2 years. My ends keep getting split and grabby and knotting up, so I cut them back. I think it was pre-LHC flat-ironing damage, but I'm sure all of that has been cut off. At my growth rate, I should have all post-LHC hair now.

I think I'll make it to classic length this year.

patience
April 11th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I'm maintaining around the hip to tailbone area. I've been wanting to get to classic (or beyond) but my dyed, damaged ends are in horrible condition and keep splitting and breaking off. I just cut another 2 1/2 - 3 inches off the other day. I think I'm stuck here until all the damage is gone.

Forever_Sophie
April 11th, 2010, 10:45 AM
I'm maintaining at waist, I love this length, it was the goal :)

jackiesjottings
April 11th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Haven't quite got there yet but I plan to stay at classic.

frizzinator
April 11th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I've maintained waist length for two years in order to thicken the hemline. I've worn my hair up everyday during this time, which has prevented breaking; and when the ends slip out of my bun they look good. I've gained an inch in the circumference of my ponytail, at the top and at the bottom.

For a number of years I did not trim because I was trying to grow to a length where my hair would be easy to wear up. Two years ago, my braid looked skinny, but it looks pretty good now. If I maintain this length, after three more years of growth, the circumference of the bottom of my ponytail may increase by another inch, if I don't break many hairs.

Tabitha
April 11th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Meeee ... I've been maintaining BSL for over a year now, and I think I've found my happy length.

It's long enough to make a decent sized simple Pencil bun (thanks to its thickness ... I still couldn't do compled buns at past waist) in which I can wear my still-increasing collection of pretty hair accessories, and long enough to look long when worn down, without overwhelming me.

My goal had been waist and I did get a bit beyond that but found that all this hair overwhelmed my small features, and I didn't find the point where it ended on my body terribly flattering, as it hid my neat waist and emphasised my generous bottom and wide hips making me look stocky and short. Washing and drying had become a chore that I dreaded and tangles were a huge nuisance too.

misspriss
April 11th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I am maintaining waist. It was my first goal, I plan to maintain here for at least a year, growing out layers and thickening up the hemline a bit.

I may grow to hip or classic after that, depending on how I feel about waist after a year.

LilyLu
April 11th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I'm maintaining BSL until all my layers have grown out and my hemline is thickened up...should be another year for me :)

Honey39
April 11th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I think I am - I've got to a flattering length on me (just above waist length curly), and I really like it. It's not intentional, but I have about an inch cut off every three months, and so I guess I'm growing very slowly now, maybe a couple of inches a year.

Tresses
April 11th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I'm maintaining at classic. I had made it to fingertip (which was my original unstated goal), but my ends were too thin for my liking, so I cut it back up to classic. The ends are still thin, so I'm maintaining here until things thicken up. I had pretty much ignored my hair for a few years, along with suffering some massive sheds, so I'm hoping that the pampering I've returned to will result in thicker ends in a few years.

Tap Dancer
April 11th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Sorta kinda... I've been keeping my hair at collarbone length. Why? It's easy to deal with, it's a flattering length on me both in a ponytail and down (my two styles :lol:), and I just love it right here.

But summer is here now and I'll probably be lazy and let it go for a while. One thing for sure: I will cut it again. I always do. I just don't know if it'll be in 3 months, or 6, or 9... :p

Peter
April 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I'm maintaining waist for now. :)

Drynwhyl
April 11th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Maintaining tailbone. Because I don't want it any longer really. And I don't know what should I do with it.
It's begining to fairytale a bit, which I actually like because it's so thick it's a bit triangular now xD

Cinnamon Hair
April 11th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I'm maintaining at knee length and have been for about 3 years. Why? Because my ends needed time to thicken up. They have improved a lot over this time. I could cut shorter or grow longer, but I'm happy here. :)

Stephichan
April 11th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Wow, I feel kind of awkward here, but I've decided to maintain at pixie until the end of fall semester. I'm going through some stressful times and while my immediate stress will be ending in about 5 weeks, I'll be having a brand new batch towards the end of the summer as I prepare to move, begin TAing again (hopefully), start classes, and finish applying to grad schools. I don't manage my stress well, so to avoid the 'oh my gosh look at how much hair is going down the sink because of my stress' freak out, I'm just going to keep it short where I won't notice shedding.

I know stress will never go away completely, but I'm hoping that by the end of the year I'll have at least learned how to manage it without just relying on my meds. Also, I rather like the style I have and would like to have it around for a while. Hair grows, and mine grows pretty fast, so from the end of the fall semester to when I graduate (about 6 months) it should be somewhere around chin (all the layers make it hard to estimate). Perfect for a cap and gown ensemble :)

GoddesJourney
April 11th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I cut back from almost waist to around BSL, and then kept cutting more than my growth until around APL because I had layers. My layers are gone now, but I'm still growing out damage. I can't wait until it's gone. Basically, I've been floating around between APL and BSL for months now. At this point, I think I need a certain amount of length for a bun to stay (especially since it's all much thicker and more slippery now) so I can't let it get much shorter. I may cut one more time before I let it go to BSL again, and then I will probably maintain there until the damage is gone or until the end of the year, whichever comes first. I may want to save some damage to trim on the way to WL so I don't have to remove any good hair. We'll see.

melikai
April 11th, 2010, 11:38 PM
I'm maintaining between waist and hip, in order to gradually trim off old bleach damage. I wanted to keep growing to my goal of tailbone/bcl, but the ends have gotten really terrible the last few months and I'm really sick of them. Hopefully the majority will be gone by July or August, and then I can continue growing!

young&reckless
April 12th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I'm between waist and hip as well. I'm happy at hip lenght, I really down want to sit on my hair. :)