PDA

View Full Version : is my hair flat or am I just fat?

SophieSpector
April 11th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Ok, right i'm not "fat" but it sounded kinda catchy but I have gained some weight due to taking cortisol for health reasons. If you know anything about taking cortisol is that you could be living off rabit food and running 5 miles a day and gain 20lbs of pure fat. I gained 20 then lost 10.

Anyway, I am now on a healthy weightloss thingy and want go loose another 20lbs and I'm wondering if when I loose weight if my hair will look better because I think my hair looks a little .. flat? thin? in comparison to my face now, however my hair has not changed from before I gained weight.

Does this make sense? The smaller you are the bigger your hair looks due to relativity?

Loreley
April 11th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Maybe your hair will LOOK bigger but I think it won't be healthier or thicker if you loose weight. Perhaps if your diet is healthier and contains more vitamins it can help your hair.

Sweetbaby
April 11th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I know what you mean. My hair in back is a little below shoulder length with blasted bangs, and it looks flat to me when I look in the mirror. I gained weight from my body not absorbing my thyroid meds, but regardless of the cause, I feel your pain. It's all the same... it seems like the bigger my body the more my hair looks .. well .. flat :-)

I encourage you on your weightloss goals. I'm with you, in the process of losing aroiund 25 lbs too. I'm excersizing daily and making sure I eat enough and eat a lot of protein and veggies, and fruits, eating yogurt and if I don't get what I think is a good balance I'll add in a multi vitamin.

Losing weight is a tightrope, you have to make sure you get the nutriets for your hair still. At least that's a challenge I find.

Sorry to ramble, appears I went on a tangent, but yep, it's a perception thing and you will probably find it doesn't look that way when you reach your weight goals.

Good luck!!!

Sweetbaby
April 11th, 2010, 07:46 AM
oh yea, I forgot to add in last post, my hair is curly but I use a chi to straigthen it ( yes bad I know) so I may be contributing to the flat, but the chi really doesn't flatten it so much as tame it so I can go out without looking like a goof.

But even if I left it all curly I notice with weight gain I still look out of balance.. weird isn't it how we pay attention to this stuff.

Cheers !

toodramatik
April 11th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Yes, I notice that when I have shorter hair I feel more pressure to stay in a healthy weight range. Long, thick hair balances out a bigger body

HOWEVER! your hair can be compromised more easily than your health. Theres lots of ways to make hair look bigger/thicker without changing dr's orders!