PDA

View Full Version : Hair type i and fine

Midnighthare
April 11th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Has anyone with this hairtype managed to grow to beyond bsl, I can't remember my hair being any longer than this even as child.

joiekimochi
April 11th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Me, I grew it to TBL once. Hair does look thicker when it's longer. The key is to keep the hemline as even and as blunt as possible and to really pamper and baby your hair to prevent it from separating into stringy bits.

Midnighthare
April 11th, 2010, 04:58 AM
is it best to wear it up everyday I really hope I see a difference when I measure next month it has taken so long to get to this!

rags
April 11th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Yes, I had my hair between waist and tailbone most of my adult life until I chopped it four (five now?) years ago. I like it much better long, and now I'm headed back that way again!

jackiesjottings
April 12th, 2010, 08:16 AM
My hair isn't quite the same as yours as it is fine but with a bit of body wave, but I have had mine at classic before and currently at hip length regrowing. It is noticeably thinner towards the ends but I guess I just accept that. Good luck!

deviantkitten
April 12th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I am juuuuust past waist at the moment
Good luck and happy growing!

lesbia
April 12th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I've always had F/i hair. Since I start to take care of them they became i/ii hair :D
I'm now somewhere around bsl and midback...I'm waiting for reach tailbone.

Gumball
April 12th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Sure. There is a thread about that right here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17115). You might be interested in it. :)

Delila
April 12th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I list mine as i/ii, since technically it does exceed the nape measurement for a i. I'm nowhere near a iii, though, not by any stretch.

I'm at tailbone, and do have a good bit of taper, but I'm finding that its easier to handle my hair gently as it gets longer. I do think that the pony loops and updos I wore above shoulder length were probably harder on my hair than I realized at the time.

Nowadays, I do what I can to avoid putting my hair in updos that are tight. Secure, yes, snug, yes, but not tight.

For me, gentle handling is key. Products don't play as much of a role as I might have thought at first.

Midnighthare
April 12th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I have seen a difference with wearing it up, clothes especially synth ones really split it and cause static.
It never feels very long although I have seen hair the same length that looks longer! It also does creeping nesting thing at the back of my neck! so up is better for it.

Ksenia
April 12th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I'm technically a ii but feel I fit in with the "i"s best because my hair is so fine and I get tapering. I hope to join the ranks of the "ii"s full-time sometime in the future, with a lot of TLC!

Wearing mine up made a HUGE difference in length and quality, find some nice big clips which distribute the weight evenly (don't tug on your hair) and will stay in place easily. I usually have one clipped to my purse in case my hairdo at the time starts to fall down, I can just put everything up in the clip.

Also if you sew, make yourself some charmeuse silk pillow cases, and put them so that the grain of the fabric runs lengthwise along the pillow, that reduces stress on the upper parts of your hair while you sleep.

Delila
April 13th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Oh, another thought: Once I got all the layers grown out, my hair was thicker than I'd ever thought possible. Stylists had always told me that I'd never be able to grow my hair long because it was fine and thin, but then they'd cut in layers all the way to my scalp. All those layers growing out made my hemline very thin and wispy, but I didn't realize that a blunt trim would make such a huge difference.

If you've got layers, wait to get them all grown out, just to see what thickness of hair you're really dealing with.

Midnighthare
April 13th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I have lost thickness as I have got older my hair is also wavy now it was poker straight. I know having children can cause a change, I have got long layers now but my ponytail barely measures an inch!
I am a hairdresser myself and I will not layer fine hair except for a few long ones at the back and never in front of the ears but that's what I am growing out, overlayered sides!
I am buying a horn comb and I have really been careful and I can see a difference,putting it up everyday takes some getting used to!

vampodrama
April 13th, 2010, 12:29 PM
My hair is barely ii (very, very barely), fine, and a couple of inches below BLS... so yes, it can grow past BSL :)

I get breakage and splits though, but I guess it's what I deserve because I wear my hair in a braid a lot (updos look very silly with my clothing style) and the braid keeps rubbing against clothes and whatnot.