PDA

View Full Version : Just have to share!

skydancer7
April 10th, 2010, 02:42 AM
I am so pleased...

I stumbled into a perfect job for someone trying to grow out hair! I am a nurse in an operating room, so my hair must be covered by a surgical cap or bonnet 40 hours a week! Talk about all day protection!

Another added bonus is that I can stretch shampoos another 1-2 days since no one sees my dirty hair under that cap. Hooray for benign neglect being part of the dress code!

Of course I didn't take the job for that particular reason :) Just an added bonus

Just had to share. Anyone else have similar job "benefits"?

Dreams_in_Pink
April 10th, 2010, 06:31 AM
that sounds awesome, congratulations! :D think about all the oil treatments you can do!!

*Aoife*
April 10th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Oh nice :)

Sorry if this is me being a downer, but don't let your collegues see your stretched out hair. My aunt is a theatre nurse and she is sooooo picky over everyone being spotlessly clean. That includes their hair. She says really mean things if people don't wash their hair everyday. I don't want that to happen to you in work.

GoddesJourney
April 10th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I'm heading off to the Air Force in a couple of months. I will have to keep my hair in a tight little bun most of the time for the next few years (unless I decide to stay in longer). As much as I hate wearing buns, I will have to get used to it and the sun/wind/dirt will never touch my ends. I got one of those bun maker things that looks like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=180458427847
so you don't have to twist your hair. So only a small part of my hair will touch the sun at one time. Congrats on your nursing position!

tcheney91
April 10th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I work as a nursing assistant, where I need to keep my hair up all the time, or it trails in all sorts of assorted nasties. It's protected all the time!

Pumpkin
April 10th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Congrats on the new job!! :)

Scarlet_Tear
April 10th, 2010, 12:22 PM
lucky you :D congrats!

Heliotrope
April 10th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Congrats on the job! I have the opposite of on-the-job hair benefits: I'm outside in the sun and wind and have to wear hard hat or bump cap a lot of the time. Leave-in conditioner is going to be my friend this summer.

embee
April 10th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Congrats on the job! :)

I agree, don't mention how often/seldom you wash your hair, keep it neatly up, never talk about it. Save your hair conversation for LHC!

-j-
April 10th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Lucky you, skydancer7!

I have the opposite. I am a geologist and have to wear a protective helmet when going underground. The helmet gets my hair really tangled, slimy and flat :(

But lucky for me, I´m going to get a whole new profession and job (not just because of the hair :))

xkmx
April 10th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I work as a nursing assistant, where I need to keep my hair up all the time, or it trails in all sorts of assorted nasties. It's protected all the time!

Me too! Not to mention all the nice compliments I get from the residents daily on how pretty it is (thanks to henna) :cheese:

tcheney91
April 10th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Oh, I love those! I work on an orthopedic floor, where most patients are elderly coming in for hip or knee replacements. The women always comment with stories... "oh, I used to have long hair when I was younger... there was this boy..." The stories are fabulous!

berr
April 10th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Oh, I love those! I work on an orthopedic floor, where most patients are elderly coming in for hip or knee replacements. The women always comment with stories... "oh, I used to have long hair when I was younger... there was this boy..." The stories are fabulous!

I love those stories as well. I have old ladies 'pet' my hair often. It doesn't bother me at all. If it gives them enjoyment then it's all good.

JenniferNoel
April 10th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Congratulations! How convenient. :eyebrows:

girloctopus
April 10th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I'm in nursing school, and I agree, it's a definite bonus! I'm experimenting all the time to find the comfiest, neatest, and most secure updos. Plus I think it looks more professional than loose hair flopping into one's face.