PDA

View Full Version : Is there an "official" protein thread?

Talula
April 9th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Hi, I want to learn more about how to tell if your hair likes protein, and why one's hair wouldn't like it... is there a nice, juicy, lengthy thread on the subject that I can start studying up on? I can't find it with the search. I just finished the 110+ page CO thread, and I need a new project to read about. Protein is my latest interest. :) -Thanks!

Loreley
April 10th, 2010, 12:21 AM
I'd like to know more about that,too! I don't know if there's a thread already but I read something about it in the articles section. :)

jasper
April 10th, 2010, 07:32 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=17
here's a protein article.

Talula
April 10th, 2010, 06:44 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=17
here's a protein article.

Thanks very much! Hmmm, after reading it, I'm still wondering WHY protein would "damage" hair? And it mentioned fixing it with a cholesterol treatment, .... I had thought that a cholesterol treatment was a protein treatment 'cuz someone told me it fills in weak spots in the hair, and I thought that was what protein does? If anyone else knows more about protein, pls fill me in!

Thanks to all. :p

GlassEyes
April 10th, 2010, 07:03 PM
It fills in weak spots in hair--however, if said weak spots are filled, and/or there are little to none of said weak spots, the protein just builds up on the top and makes hair feel gnarly. Or that's how I think of it.

Moderation is key.

Talula
April 10th, 2010, 07:50 PM
It fills in weak spots in hair--however, if said weak spots are filled, and/or there are little to none of said weak spots, the protein just builds up on the top and makes hair feel gnarly. Or that's how I think of it.

Moderation is key.

Ah, that would make sense... the article said it might work for a couple days, and then stop. So I guess the healthier your hair is, the less you like protein? That gives me something to go by.. I don't know yet if my hair likes it or not.

So what does a cholesterol treatment do as opposed to a protein treatment?

Talula
April 16th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Just bumping --

Still wondering about cholesterol vs protein treatments.... ?