PDA

View Full Version : Need Asian inspired style suggestion

Magdalene
April 9th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I need some Asian or Greek inspired style suggestions. I have found two dutch braids, looped, work best with the movement I am doing and the masks and headgear I wear for part of the show, but it looks a bit too much milkmaidish, which is odd with the kimonos. So I could use some suggestions that will look a bit more Eastern.

Here are the limitations: it has to be flat against my head, low, and nothing at the nape. It also has to be contained, and no hairtoys that will poke me when I roll over onto it or come flying off when I spin.

Any suggestions, please?

GlassEyes
April 9th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Would the japanese bun fit the criteria?

I'll look for a link. In the meantime, you might want to pm Mira-chan. She does dance performance in kimono and can give some tips.

Magdalene
April 9th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Would the japanese bun fit the criteria?

I'll look for a link. In the meantime, you might want to pm Mira-chan. She does dance performance in kimono and can give some tips.

I'd have to see it, but whatever I do has to withstand a helmet and somersalts.

countryhopper
April 10th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Both Japanese and Chinese buns have hairsticks as the base that you loop and wrap the hair around. Not sure if hairsticks would be allowed in the criteria or not, but there are pictures of the style in the article section of the site.

How about embellishing a style, maybe some kind of roll or several rolls with some artificial cherry blossoms or tassels or something like that?

Magdalene
April 10th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Can't do any kind of sticks or embellishment.

mtstorm
April 10th, 2010, 09:08 AM
You could probably modify this to be flater and lower. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XY9q3tQmQ4

countryhopper
April 11th, 2010, 06:47 AM
If it must be flat, then I think a braid would be your best bet. You could even braid in some ribbons to match your coustume, but I'm not sure if ribbons would cound as embellishment or not.

IcarusBride
April 11th, 2010, 08:35 AM
A crownbraid would look very Greek-styled, I think. And it would be very secure for acrobatics.