PDA

View Full Version : "what not to wear" and the "hair"

Thumper
May 5th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I was watching this show today...and again it happened...BAM! They cut all her hair! She had hair right down her back and he cut it up to her shoulders. I just don't ever get why they don't look at long hair as being sexy in itself and just keeping it long KWIM? I swear every episode I see and a lady comes on with long hair I think "yep, she's next!"

Disappointing...

OhioLisa
May 5th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Yes, but these people know what they are in for before they appear on the show. The whole point of the show is to drastically change one's appearance. Of course it is going to involve changing one's hair. And honestly, if that makes them feel better, more power to them. I personally can't stand the show anyway, but to each their own. :shrug:

pogo0685
May 5th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I love this show, but honestly IMO a lot of the hair they cut needs it, not all but most of it. I did see one episode where a lady had waist length hair and they just trimmed it. I would love to be on this show, but I would never agree to it, first I don't wear silk or leather anything so that would be a issue and then when it comes to hair and makeup I don't do any kind of chemicals so the hair dye, hair cut would never work with me, and the makeup would have to be vegan, yeah thats not going to happen. So I just watch and hope one day I have $5,000 to spend on new clothes, but I would prefer to buy from local stores.

Euphony
May 5th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I'm sure in the whole scope of things I'd be a 'what not to wear' nightmare! For example today's wardrobe consists of a brown V neck with 3/4 length sleeves, a brown microsuede skirt that almost hits my ankles accompanied by a lighter brown sarong over the top that is somewhat tie dye looking with some snazzy symbols on it followed by my black mary jane Crocs and lest we forget henna'd hair being worn down that nearly reaches the bottom of my shirt.

<meh> I'm comfy! And hubby finds me sexy (I should add here that that man is a saint). I pity the fool (I think I just dated myself) that would ever try to put me in a pant suit with heels (is that 'in'?) and cut my hair off!

I personally don't watch the show, though I have caught a few pieces here and there. I guess the show drives me a bit too crazy with the 'you should wear this, but gawd forbid DO NOT wear that!'

spidermom
May 5th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Another WNTW nightmare here. I don't understand how anybody can stand to watch anything on TV, much less this show. The commercials (runs screaming from the room tearing out my hair in chunks)!!!!!!

KajiKodomo
May 5th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Haha, I used to love the show, and kept trying to be more "fashionable." I would fail miserably, but still watch the show. I don't know why. :shrug: Now that we don't have television, I don't miss that show or any other for that matter.

Now, I'm a "nightmare". I'm wearing a mid-calf dress (one with the elastic ruching across the bust, a no-no with my 38Hs, and spaghetti straps) on top of a cropped short-sleeved black sweater. It's not "flattering" in their sense of the word, as it makes my stomach look the same size it really is, not smaller. I'm also wearing mary-jane crocs (they're so comfy). And, of course, my hair is down.

I've always been a WNTW disaster, and I don't care. In fact, I'm rather happy! :D

Islandgrrl
May 5th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I've only seen the show one time. And I watched in utter horror as this poor "slob" of a woman (who looked absolutely fine to me, by the way) was taken from her sweats and comfy exercise clothing and put into :shudder: heels and a pantsuit, painted up with way too much makeup and bleached & blowfried on top of it all.

The whole time I'm thinking to myself......that could be me, that could be me, that could be me. Show scared the yoga pants off me.

pogo0685
May 5th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I think I would give the hosts a heart attack just from the site of me and the way I am, today I am wearing jeans that are all frayed at the bottom and they are pretty much bell-bottoms, with skate shoes, a animal liberation t-shirt it has a monkey being tortured on it, not quite in "fashion" but I like to make people aware of the things we do in "secret" (t-shirt is to cover my fat roll, i would love to wear fitted shirts but I don't) and black eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow my hair is in a bun, oh did I mention I have 7 piercings in my face and 7 gauged ear-holes. They would die from the site of me, maybe thats why I watch the show... so I can dream of what they would say if they saw me... I think as long as I am happy with how I look and my fiance thinks im sexy thats all that matters.... And just a thought if I stopped watching tv I might actually work out and be able to wear fitted t-shirts....

camillacamilla
May 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I don't bother with that show. Anytime there is a makeover show on tv, you have to think- how is this person going to duplicate this look at home? A professional makeup artist and someone to blowout and curl their hair would be needed everyday.

mommy101405
May 5th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I actually saw one episode where a woman had waist length hair and refused to cut it.

florenonite
May 5th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I don't bother with that show. Anytime there is a makeover show on tv, you have to think- how is this person going to duplicate this look at home? A professional makeup artist and someone to blowout and curl their hair would be needed everyday.

My thoughts exactly. I spend at most ten minutes getting ready in the morning, and would not be willing to sacrifice sleep after being on the show to replicate the look they gave me and I'd go back to looking like I do right now (and I don't think there's anything wrong with that).

I actually saw one episode where a woman had waist length hair and refused to cut it.

Kudos to her!

kwaniesiam
May 5th, 2008, 02:58 PM
This is why I don't watch TV...

I have seen the show before, though (my gay bff made me watch it with him) and we had a good laugh about it after, but I just couldn't see myself ever letting someone put me through that. Sure, you get a new wardrobe out of it, but I'm pretty content with the one I have. Now I just need to lose enough weight to fit into half of it again :rolleyes:

somethingwicked
May 5th, 2008, 03:13 PM

I think I saw that one, too, and the stylist (can't remember his name) had an absolute hissy fit. I remember reading a thread on another long hair board that pointed out that he could have had a better attitude about it and showed her some styles and different ways to wear it up, but he just threw his hands up and that sort of marked him as uncreative for his line of work. When I finally saw the episode, I agreed. He acted like he took it personally and just sort of went to pieces.

I wonder how many people they've showed up to suprise who have just said, "Um, no thanks" when they started their "You have to give yourself completely over to us" spiel. I know that's what I would do. It's sort of like Trading Spaces; I like the show, but wouldn't let you near me or my stuff. It especially makes me sad when they take someone who's a real individual and shove them into a mold. Yeah, technically, they look great, but I'd rather see flashes of creativity and fun in people than stepford makeover victims, even if it does look kind of odd sometimes.

Rustella
May 5th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I thought the female star of the show had pretty long hair. Maybe I'm thinking of another show.

florenonite
May 5th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I thought the female star of the show had pretty long hair. Maybe I'm thinking of another show.

Nope, that's WNTW. Stacey (I believe that's her name) has mid-back dark hair with a stunning grey streak. Bit ironic, eh?

Tap Dancer
May 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM

She posted a few times on the old LHC boards. I did a member search but I didn't see her. She was "WNTW girl" or something like that. I'm probably way off on the name. :rolleyes: LOL

RavennaNight
May 5th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I don't like that show at all. I think Stacey London and the likes have been trying to kill peoples individuality and make them feel bad about themselves. I know if someone claimed to be my friend then tried to set me up on a makeover show they really weren't my friend and were out to knock me into sameness and mediocrity.

freznow
May 5th, 2008, 04:48 PM
She posted a few times on the old LHC boards. I did a member search but I didn't see her. She was "WNTW girl" or something like that. I'm probably way off on the name. :rolleyes: LOL

TheWNTWGirl (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=4776)

I ignore the show, pretty much. I find it interesting what they say, but it's only a tv show, which plays off of demand... You can choose not to watch it.

wintersun99
May 5th, 2008, 04:59 PM
he he - I'm in the minority, I know, but I really like the show (for the most part, the makeup part of it bores me) but I generally really like the styles/fashion (eh, maybe it just fits me though) most of my wardrobe is similar. Having said that, I happened to be watching some sort of marathon (or maybe just multiple show in a row) over the weekend and DID notice that all of the haircuts were very similar (all shoulder length bobs) and although I thought they DID look nice, it struck me that after watching 3 episodes (in a row) I realized all 3 makeovers were exactly the same in that department.

Marysmirth
May 5th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I think those people on WNTW are just plain catty. And those poor ladies allowing them to totally change them! I think the pressure of being in front of a huge audience just puts them in an out of body experience when they allow mean people to wack off their long locks. I bet there are alot of regrets after the show and minutes of "fame" are over.

Patrycja
May 5th, 2008, 05:26 PM
he he - I'm in the minority, I know, but I really like the show (for the most part, the makeup part of it bores me)

I watch it because of the shoes!
but I change the channel when the makeover part starts.I like my shows,not everything on TV is bad.

Tap Dancer
May 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM
TheWNTWGirl (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=4776)

I ignore the show, pretty much. I find it interesting what they say, but it's only a tv show, which plays off of demand... You can choose not to watch it.

Ah, I was looking under the W names. Thanks. :)

I like the show. I wouldn't want to be on it but sometimes the people do look pretty good when they're finished. I also like "10 Years Younger."

rhosyn_du
May 5th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I've only watched the show a few times, but it always seemed to me like everyone was very disrespectful of the people being made over. I mean, I realize they want to make it entertaining for the people watching, but the mocking of people's old style really makes me angry. Even if they think something looks ridiculous, why can't it be "this is unflattering and here's why" instead of "oh my god, you actually left the house in this?!"

Blueglass
May 5th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I used to watch the show sometimes. Stacy is a true irony. In the first place, I have never seen anyone with gray hair even on that show. If some with gray hair ever come on that show certainly the hair would be colored. But Stacy has that obvisious gray, and BSL hair easy- that's Ok, I guess she's immune.
The clothes advice is good, but it's always the same. The brown or black leather jacket, that defines the hips. The dark suit, the pumps, the shirt with the detailing on the neckline. The strapply sandals. The white blouse. The highlights and subtle makeup and chunkly layers. Its so predictable, it's like I could see it in my sleep. A lot of the advice is not bad, but I know it all already.
The suggestions are not suitable for all climates or situations. When I see the show I change the channel.

ruthietoothie
May 5th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I love WNTW, and I wish I could be nominated for it! But I am not "enough" of a "fashion disaster" to make it (though, I have often wondered what the national reaction would be to hear that I was trying No Water on my hair for over 4 months?!!!!:p That might be enough to get me on the show just in itself!!).

I don't like how they seem to have nothing more creative to do than cut long hair, but I forgive the show b/c otherwise, I am generally entertained by it.

Oh, but I have not seen it in a while, since we don't get TLC anymore.

Jeni
May 5th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I like WNTW, always wish I could be nominated, but my clothes arnt bad enough. I never pay a lot of attention to the hair and make-up part, it bores me. I do think Nick (hair) gives a lot of people the same cut, shoulder length bob, angled if the person is extra sassy.....I never saw the one with the chick with waist length hair, I can imagine the hissy Nick threw. If I was on the show I would tell Nick he can step away from my hair quickly before i cut something near and dear to his heart. I may possibly let him trim (less then 1/2 inch), it is a make-over show and part of the show is the hair cut, but there would probably be a contract witnessed by 2 people, I get $10 million if he cuts too much.

The things with Stacy having long hair with a gray streak, here's my thought. (I have by no means watched all of the episodes, so if someone has seen one that contradicts something I say, feel free to speak up) I have never heard Stacy say anything about someone cutting their hair, so I blame Nick (I never liked him anyway). I can see why Nick wants people to cut their hair, 1- its a make-over show, cutting hair is a quick make-over, 2-most hair stylist advocate shorter hair, 3- shoulder length hair is in, and 4-if he left a lot of the women long it looks like he hasn't done anything=no job. Some of the women I see have some pretty beat up hair, cutting it helps a lot, but some have nice hair which would of looked fine left long. I also haven't seen anyone come in with grey hair they don't dye over themselves (haven't paid a ton of attention though), so I see nothing wrong with Nick covering them. I kind of admire Stacy, in an industry that has a horror or anything unhip and old, she has left her hair long(ish), and has left the grey in her hair. Her hair is also kind of nice looking (doesn't look too beat up, though I'm sure its probably damaged).

I think some of the women on the show really need help. You can tell they arnt happy with the way they look. I saw one show where the woman's kid was embarrassed of her, that has to suck. If your happy with your clothing/look/life as is, you probably wont be on the show. If your not happy, the show is great. Besides for $5,000 they can have my old clothes!

Rini
May 6th, 2008, 01:34 AM
So the idea is to drastically change them? Do they ever put extensions into the hair that is short??? Or is long hair just not "fashionable" :rolleyes:

meichigo
May 6th, 2008, 01:35 AM
I hate that show! They make everyone so cookie-cutter and completely destroy any personal style. I'm all for Tim Gunn's Guide to Style :)

Jae6
May 6th, 2008, 02:15 AM
ok i'll be another minority and say i appreciate this show. with all tv, incl the news, i take it w/ a grain of salt. i'm also a fashion designer in training, so i study what they say about camoflaging/accentuating people's body parts.

i really don't think they obliterate people's styles. a lot of those people don't even have a style, so they have to be given a starting point. and people who get nominated don't have to say 'yes'. i also agree that a lot of the people who get their hair chopped off totally need it, though there are definitely those who didn't need it at all (wish they did followups on those people). just studying the hairstyles, a good deal of them work w/ the person's hair texture, which i think is awesome (vs. "10 years younger"--now that show EVERYONE comes out looking the same, yeesh!).

i'm really surprised i haven't been nominated yet. i'm the worst dressed fashion design student at my school. =P

mommy101405
May 6th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Has anyone seen the Tim Gunn version on Bravo? I like him so much better. They actually make the women feel good about themselves. To me that is so much better than the beat you down to build you up philosophy.

Shanarana
May 6th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I personally don't like that show. I find it degrading to the person they are targeting. JMO.

young&reckless
May 7th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I love the show but dislike Nick.

I think he only knows how to cut bobs. "The Nick Bob" Everyone has one, I once watched all day (as I did thinks around the house) and out of 10 show I think 6 got bobs!

AHHHHH!

Periwinkle
May 7th, 2008, 08:20 AM
It was better when Trinny & Susannah did it.

Still, I always thought that A) they looked worse afterwards and B) it was stupid that they didn't do the hair first. In one show, they spent the whole show buying clothes to make this woman's hair look a nicer colour (it was really boring mousey brown) and then at the end they dyed it blonde. I was somewhat confused.

KajiKodomo
May 7th, 2008, 08:41 AM
In one show, they spent the whole show buying clothes to make this woman's hair look a nicer colour (it was really boring mousey brown) and then at the end they dyed it blonde. I was somewhat confused.

I know what you mean. I've seen a few episodes where they talk about using clothes to compliment their hair color, but I keep thinking what's going to happen if Nick dyes it a completely different color! I guess if they did the hair first, though, that it wouldn't be as big of a difference when they do the final "reveal."

CaliRose
May 7th, 2008, 10:54 AM
[...]I don't wear silk or leather anything so that would be a issue and then when it comes to hair and makeup I don't do any kind of chemicals so the hair dye, hair cut would never work with me, and the makeup would have to be vegan, yeah thats not going to happen. So I just watch and hope one day I have $5,000 to spend on new clothes, but I would prefer to buy from local stores.

That's really cool that you do that!

AJoifulNoise
May 7th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I went through a phase where I watched the show a lot. I did learn some stuff about how to buy clothes that fit properly (where seams should be, where shirts should fall, etc).

But, at this point I am probably a walking nightmare for them. I'm short, but I wear skirts to the floor. My hair is nearly hiplength and either "just hangs there" or is "always up." I have multiples of some articles of clothing in different colors (and some in the same colors!). I wear knee-high socks that scream with color and clunky-heeled shoes.

If they showed up I'd smile, flick my hair aside, and tell them I'm not interested.

Magdalene
May 7th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I used to work for a major fancy-pants store, and Stacey London was there several times pimping whatever book or show she had out at the time. I always ran screaming in the other direction lest she pick on me :luke:

(FWIW, I think Stacey London looks like Cruella de Ville)

Anlbe
May 7th, 2008, 11:29 AM
People who go on makeover shows want a makeover - it's why they volunteered, if they had a strong idea of how they wanted to look (short hair or long) they wouldn't be on it. Sometimes they do keep long hair, sometimes they don't. I don't think long hair is automatically good, my aunt has long hair that isn't in great condition (naturally very thin and dyed out of a box so the ends are really frizzy) and I really wish she'd trim it.

Also I would never tell or accuse someone they're being degraded when they're doing something of their own free will.

spidermom
May 7th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I was just remembering watching this show once when we were on vacation in a hotel room with a TV, and the girl they were re-doing had some wardrobe items that were similar to things I owned, and my DD kept telling me "see mom? I told you that you should get rid of that." The last few times I needed new clothes, I took DD with me because she has a really good eye for what works and flatters and what doesn't. I have different clothes now than I would have ever picked for myself, and wow - do I ever look more pulled together than I did in the past. Sometimes change is good.

My DD threatens my life if I ever get rid of my long hair, though.

Kirin
May 7th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I'll be interested in a makeover show when it involves.....

1: The use of henna
2: Clothes for a real MOTHER, you know cleaning toilets, doing laundry, running errands, mopping floors.... i dont think any of us are doing that in a blazer, pencil skirt and cockaroach killer pointy toed shoes with 3 inch heels.
3: accept long healthy hair.
4: Can find me makeover clothes from stores I might be able to afford on my own later, like walmart.
5: and lastly, can get me a care regime that involves no 5000 dollar yearly visits to a dermatologist or chemical laiden crap to slather over my face!

The end :)

Kittee
May 7th, 2008, 01:51 PM
The more scary show is "10 years younger." They totally embarrass and torture those poor women. They put them in a clear glass box and interview 100 people that try to be as mean as possible about their looks and age. Its terrible!

KajiKodomo
May 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I'll be interested in a makeover show when it involves.....

1: The use of henna
2: Clothes for a real MOTHER, you know cleaning toilets, doing laundry, running errands, mopping floors.... i dont think any of us are doing that in a blazer, pencil skirt and cockaroach killer pointy toed shoes with 3 inch heels.
3: accept long healthy hair.
4: Can find me makeover clothes from stores I might be able to afford on my own later, like walmart.
5: and lastly, can get me a care regime that involves no 5000 dollar yearly visits to a dermatologist or chemical laiden crap to slather over my face!

The end :)

YES!

It seems like they have a bias against most of this stuff, especially buying things on sale, or at a discount store! There's no way I can afford a pair of $500 shoes or $150 for a shirt! They make it seem like the people that go on the show come away with a lot of new clothes, but at those prices, they really don't get much at all! If I had $5000 to spend on new clothes, I'd come back with an entire car or van full, haha!

I'd like to see a show where they take a much more modest budget and take the people to discount stores to buy clothing (like Wal-Mart, Ross, Burlington, etc.). Now THAT would be much more interesting to me.

GrowlingTurtlez
May 7th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I think the show definitely has some good and bad points. They're rather cutting and harsh in some of their comments, but it seems that it becomes worse when someone is being stubborn or a bit snappy with them. I understand people don't like to receive criticism, but they don't have to appear on the show if they don't want to, and if they do agree it seems implicit that they are least somewhat willing to have an open mind. I think the hosts can be really sensitive when dealing with people who they can tell have a negative body image, and while they styles they choose for people aren't that individual or creative, they are generally flattering and that can be a great confidence booster for someone who doesn't have a great self image. I myself don't like a lot of the styles they encourage on the show, but if nominated I think I would take advantage if only to see myself looking good in some sort of style, which hopefully would give me the courage to try other things. As for the amount of money they spend on some of the pieces, I think if I had $5000 I would definitely invest in some more-expensive pieces that are maybe better-made and might last longer. But I've also seen plenty of people on the show shopping at old navy and filene's basement, which is pretty awesome and not outrageously expensive.

As for the people who nominate the show participants, I can understand a person nominating someone out of concern that their fashion choices are hindering their careers, but when it's for the simple reason that they don't think the person "looks good" I do find that objectionable.

I love love love the make-up artist, but I do have to say that the hair stylist sometimes gets on my nerves with his itchy scissor-finger.

DrkAngel
May 7th, 2008, 03:40 PM
:lol: That ALWAYS happens. I've seen that show before... Agh I hate that old guy who pretends to know something about hair. Plus his concept of hair does not go past shoulder.

Jeni
May 7th, 2008, 04:13 PM
So I saw the WNTW episode with the woman with waist length hair, yesterday. Nick was a complete a**. First off his idea of super long was like mid back, not even in the real world would many people consider that "super long", before I found this forum, super long was ~butt length. Mid back/waist was differently long, but not super long. I laughed when he said there were no styles she could do. I'm sorry, but if I was him I would have done research to see what kind of styles she could do, I have a feeling she could of done alot! A good stylist can work with what they have, Nick is NOT a good stylist. I'm glad she stood up to him and told him to bugger off (but in a very nice way), he acted like a spoiled child when he didnt get to cut it into his "signature bob". I didnt notice him offering to trim her hair, or even offering to dye it (not that she would want it dyed). I wonder if she had said no to any cutting (and who could blame her) or color change.

pogo0685
May 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM
That's really cool that you do that!

Thank you, it was hard at first, and the fact I can't buy shampoo or conditioner for less than $7.00 for a small bottle. But I really love being a vegan and I feel very complete with my life because of it.

Velvettt
May 7th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Having said that, I happened to be watching some sort of marathon (or maybe just multiple show in a row) over the weekend and DID notice that all of the haircuts were very similar (all shoulder length bobs) and although I thought they DID look nice, it struck me that after watching 3 episodes (in a row) I realized all 3 makeovers were exactly the same in that department.

Yup. He only knows how to do one cut.

I love the show but dislike Nick.

I think he only knows how to cut bobs. "The Nick Bob" Everyone has one, I once watched all day (as I did thinks around the house) and out of 10 show I think 6 got bobs!

AHHHHH!

(FWIW, I think Stacey London looks like Cruella de Ville)

YES!!!! I thought I was the only one who saw this! Not only that, but she's got lousy taste in clothes. I'd like to give HER a makeover.:demon:

I watched the show a lot for awhile when I first moved to Texas because it was obvious to me that I didn't know how to dress to fit in down here. I came to a few conclusions:
1. Nick only knows one haircut so everyone gets it.
2. Carmindy (sp?) is stuck with one makeup style and never grew out of lip gloss. Look in the mirror, woman! You're not a teenager any more!
3. Stacey loves putting fluffy women in clothes that are too tight and emphasize middle rolls. I sense a catty satisfaction in her when they look like overstuffed sausages.
4. The only person on that show with any taste is Clinton. He can take me shopping any time.

Jeni
May 8th, 2008, 01:32 AM
The only person on that show with any taste is Clinton. He can take me shopping any time.

I love Clinton! I want him to be my gay bf. He is gay right?

KajiKodomo
May 8th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Clinton is definitely gay. I believe he has hinted at it a few times, but hasn't actually said it outright in the show. I love Clinton, he's so much fun an much less harsh than Stacey most of the time. :D

Sana
May 8th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I like both stacey & Clinton. It's funny when some people on the show just take the 5K & shop what ever they want & never stick to any rules. Also I guess the easiest way to make a drastic change in a person is to cut off their hair & color it. That's the reason most makeover shows are unfriendly towards long hair. Never seen a show where they put some hair extensions to make someone look younger:)

KajiKodomo
May 8th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Sana, I've seen a "behind the scenes" type of episode of WNTW, and apparently if the person being made over buys clothes that don't follow the rules, Stacey and Clinton will return the items for them and buy them new ones that fit the rules. It's still fun to watch, though. Haha! :D

Sana
May 8th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Sana, I've seen a "behind the scenes" type of episode of WNTW, and apparently if the person being made over buys clothes that don't follow the rules, Stacey and Clinton will return the items for them and buy them new ones that fit the rules. It's still fun to watch, though. Haha! :D

Ouch..that would be sad:rolleyes: But atleast you get all the trendy clothes:D My hubby is big fan & I like it because it's interesting to see people embrass themselves crazy on tv. I mean I would never be able to do something like that. It takes a lot to take criticism from other....more so on tv. Also I like this show better than Tim Gunn's . That show is so generic:eek: One size fits all kind:shrug:

KajiKodomo
May 8th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Oh yes, I can't imagine the embarassment from being on the show. I'm quick to anger (which manifests itself with tears), so I know that I wouldn't be a good person for the show. Well, I'd sure make for entertaining television, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Taking criticism is bad enough, but to know that it's being taped and will probably be edited to make you look like the bad guy if you go against the "rules?" That's much worse.

CatPower
May 21st, 2008, 05:13 PM
I think Clinton's married? :S I do watch the show and I do like it but I wish Nick would accept long hair. My favorite part is when woman with long hair refuse to cut it and Nick gets all in a tiff. :)

DecafJane
May 21st, 2008, 06:39 PM
I caught a bit of one of these makeover shows the other night ("How to look good naked" or something) and a lady with BSL hair was on. I expected them to chop it, but the hairdresser said he loved the length on her. I nearly fell off my chair! Of course, they added some face-framing layers and styled it, but kept it long. Neat. :D