PDA

View Full Version : Collection of styles to do at SL. Add yours!

countryhopper
April 9th, 2010, 06:43 AM
So I'm in the past shoulder-not-quite-at-APL stage. It can be a little discouraging not to be able to do all the beautiful buns "everyone else" is wearing, but, at the same time, we can do a bunch of different styles!

Here are mine:

*Gibson tuck
*Cheater's split bun
*French twist
*braids!!

I may think of a few more to add later...

Add your favorite SL styles!

Lassie
April 9th, 2010, 06:48 AM
ooooooo! awesome idea :)

what is *Cheater's split bun ??

countryhopper
April 9th, 2010, 06:54 AM
:)

what is *Cheater's split bun ??

I found it on a hairstyling website. Basically you make a ponytail, and on the last pull-through on the elastic, do not pull all the way through. You will have a little pony-pouf chignon. Split this in half and slide in a hairstick to keep it split. Cute and secure and simple to do!

Lassie
April 9th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I found it on a hairstyling website. Basically you make a ponytail, and on the last pull-through on the elastic, do not pull all the way through. You will have a little pony-pouf chignon. Split this in half and slide in a hairstick to keep it split. Cute and secure and simple to do!

Ahhh yes! this is one of my most common updo's..didnt realise it had a name... Strategically separated and pinned it amazing the illusion of lenght/volume it can create

laurathexplora
April 9th, 2010, 08:15 AM
My hair just got past APL and I have the same problem. In stead of inches, my goal is to be able to do all those buns. I figure it will take about two years. In the mean time...

*double dutch or english french braids pinned up into buns or pinned into one bun
*two buns, split either vertically or horizontally
*lace braids, braided headbands, fairy-tale braids, or half braided french braids
*"cheaters split bun", this really is great. no one can figure out how I do it.
*braid waves
*rag curls, my favorite

Awesome thread idea!

countryhopper
April 10th, 2010, 06:14 AM
*double dutch or english french braids pinned up into buns or pinned into one bun
*two buns, split either vertically or horizontally
*lace braids, braided headbands, fairy-tale braids, or half braided french braids
*"cheaters split bun", this really is great. no one can figure out how I do it.
*braid waves
*rag curls, my favorite!

Oh, I forgot about lace braids! I love em'--single or double!

I'd like to try Dreamerenz's (sp?) braid that has both a lace braid and a french braid but they are done diagonally! It is listed in the article section on the site. I'm not sure how it would look on me since my hair is not thick. :( But I can try!!

I forgot to add:

*peacock twists of all variations... Instead of a gibson tuck, I like to topsytail my pony then peacock twist the leftover length. It looks cute! I do the same with single and double lace braids..

Oh, and dreams in pink had a thread going about a folded braid that looks like a bun that you can secure with hairsticks! So that's another one for the list...

Purdy Bear
April 10th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I love those hair rolls and curls the Apostilic Pencostals do in the videos. I dont think you would need much hair to do those, and they look so elegant.

countryhopper
April 10th, 2010, 07:07 AM
I tried to do a hair roll (is a log roll the same thing? I tried to do that...) but it didn't seem to work for me. It just kept turning into a french twist. :D

Maybe I'm doing it wrong??

XcaliburGirl
April 10th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Ooh, I just tried the cheater's split bun yesterday. I love it. I've been doing the half pulled through the ponytail part, but it just looks blah.