PDA

View Full Version : how to get a thick hemline

SophieSpector
April 9th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I'm just wondering how can I get my hemline as thick as possible?
thanks y'all!

Nae
April 9th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I am no expert but I am pretty sure you just find a length you like and trim to keep it there as the hemline fills out. Depending on how fast your hair grows and how thick you want it it may take a while. In the meantime baby it so you don't get extra breakage.

Perhaps someone who has actually done it can chime in.

Phalaenopsis
April 9th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Grow for 6 months = 6 cm. Cut half off = 3cm or a bit more than an inch. That's how I did it :)

Loreley
April 9th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I think the only way to have thick hemline is trimming. I want to thicken up mine, too. I'm pretty close to my goal length and when I'll be there I'll cut 1 cm in every month. I think that will help. I won't have any growth left. :uhh:

Katze
April 9th, 2010, 05:47 AM
yep, trim trim trim. some peoples' hair seems to grow naturally one length at the hemline, some peoples' hair naturally tapers. I am unfortunately one of the latter.

Since I lost a huge amount of hair after my baby was born, the hemline I had been working on thickening was lost. :( I am back to square one, but with hair at the crown that is now MUCH thicker. I might even be iii thickness at the roots, tapering to less than i at the ends. So I am trimming about an inch every three months.

There is a thread here started by MsBubbles called 'maintaining for a blunt hemline' where many people discuss how they are doing this...

myotislucifugus
April 9th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Check out cinnamonhair's site. She's amazing for inspiration.

chopandchange
April 9th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Trim it. :rolleyes:

JenniferNoel
April 9th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Avoid layers of any kind. This means bangs too if they're not important to you. The more hair/better trimmed, the thicker the hemline, that simple. Good luck!

spidermom
April 9th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I agree - trimming.

Anje
April 9th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Trim it.

Actually, I think the way to get the thickest hemline possible is to bob your hair at about chin length. That way, there are relatively few hairs in the process of growing to the hemline. But I don't think that's what any of us here are looking for.

Sunny_side_up
April 9th, 2010, 11:44 AM
my pony tails have never been that large, even smaller since i had the layering done, i plan on growing for a good few months then have a small trim. See what my growth is like this summer. I kept my hair just passing shoulder for year and a bit while growing out layers and after they were all gone just didn't enjoy the way my hair was and went for more layering:rolleyes:
This time then i shall go for growth and trimming will be kept to a minimum this year me thinks!