PDA

View Full Version : Getting hair done next week...

BrightEyes7
April 8th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I am getting my hair done next week. I have not had :scissors: touch my hair AT ALL since December 2007. That was the last time I went to a salon and got my hair butchered and how I started my long hair journey!

Well a client came in to my office and her hair looked great. I complemented her and she just started raving about her new stylist. And she mentioned said stylist does EXACTLY what you want and that she too is a long hair!! I take that as a good sign.

Well I'm going in to get my hair shaped up and take off about two inches but I'm also getting it colored. Yes I am a chemical color head. At the moment I have a chemical brown dye that has faded and it really orangey red right now... I just don't like it! I was planning on getting highlights to slowly go back to blonde (I'm a natural blonde) but I'm thinking it'll be too much upkeep for my hair. So I think I am going to just stay the same color but have her dye it to take the orange out. See my album for color but it is much more orange in the sun!

Does anyone have any suggestions? My fringe is growing out, it is to my collarbone almost, so I'm going to have her blend that into layers... But I'm so nervous!! I feel like I may have a panic attack in the chair! :o

elina333
April 8th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Aaawww domt worry! You'll be fine and if you heard good things about this stylist from another long hair, Im sure it'll be great. Good luck and enjoy! :pegasus:

BrightEyes7
April 8th, 2010, 03:06 PM
It wasn't another long hair that I talked to, she told me the STYLIST was a long hair... so I'm hoping I will be in the good hands of a long hair who won't get too scissor happy on me.

aef231
April 8th, 2010, 03:32 PM
There are plenty of really good stylists who really do their best to give their clients exactly what they want. Hopefully you've run into one! I think it sounds lovely, don't stress too much. Let us know how it goes afterward!

elina333
April 8th, 2010, 03:37 PM
It wasn't another long hair that I talked to, she told me the STYLIST was a long hair... so I'm hoping I will be in the good hands of a long hair who won't get too scissor happy on me.

Oh ok! Well, Im sure you'll be fine either way ;) Im sure she at least wont try to cut your locks! :flower: Let us know how it goes!

Lady Mary
April 8th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Only advice, bring a ruler and show her how much exactly. Seems to work for a lot of people getting trims/dustings.

misstwist
April 8th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Make sure you discuss your goals with her. If you have pictures you like take them with you. If you wear your hair up quite a bit or want to make sure to tell her that.

Tell her exactly why it has been so long since you have been in a salon. If you don't have a firm idea of what you want it to look like when she is done be sure you have a through discussion with her on options. Ask for her suggestions and talk them through together.

If you find you aren't comfortable with her don't be afraid to leave.

Good luck!

BrightEyes7
April 14th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I canceled my appointment... I got cold feet. I'll need to build up more courage to go... :o

TawnyRoots
April 14th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Try to speak to the hairdresser before the appointment, even on the phone, I am sure that she/he will put your mind at ease and then you won't dread the date. You don't have to go until you really want to though! :flower: