PDA

View Full Version : To color or not to color

coscass
April 8th, 2010, 12:15 PM
That is the question. So, it's summer. I have maybe 2-3 (maybe even more I can't tell) inches of new growth. I sort of really want to let my hair go natural, but I don't think I can deal with the roots after a while. I need a job soon.

Should I toss a brown box color on my head and call that that, or should I actually let it grow out? I still can't decide if I want to be done with my red hair or not. I do love it, but it's just too much upkeep for me at this length. idk what to do.

spidermom
April 8th, 2010, 12:18 PM
You could use a deposit-only color that will gradually wash out to shake things up a bit, no long-term commitment. My DD and I recently divided my hair into 6 ear-to-ear panels and only dyed every other one; I love how I have so many colors blending into each other. You could do something like that.

jera
April 8th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I do love it, but it's just too much upkeep for me at this length. idk what to do.

It sounds like you've answered your own question.:)

ademtce
April 8th, 2010, 03:04 PM
dont use a box - Clairol Beautiful Collection - Semi Permanent Hair Color
it cover up and keep your hair in good condition.

Kristin
April 8th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I've used Natural Instincts without too much trouble. Just make sure you use the lightest shade of brown; otherwise, it may not wash out and you will be stuck with darker hair. You can also use that brand to go reddish if you decide you want it back (I have done that, too.)

nycstar
April 8th, 2010, 04:49 PM
To the OP:
Years back I had the same issue. I'm a natural brunette (chestnut brown hair) and went totally fire engine red for about 4-5 years--and totally loved it!! At that time my hair was almost tailbone length and I opted for dying the grown-out portion brown, or something close to my natural color. Let me tell you, I really loved it!! I was so happy that I didn't cut my hair. I conditioned it weekly and was really happy with the results. After about 2 months the dyed portion was a bit brassy but I was able to endure this color rather than the red. I did sustain some damage from it but I trimmed little by little until the dryer ends were gone. You can most certainly achieve this. Good luck!