PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen that terrible movies "xxx cuts her floor length hair"?

Henrietta
April 8th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Have you seen that movies "xxx cuts her floor lenght hair"? Publicly, in addition. It hurts me.

<links removed pending moderator discussion>

There's just two of them but YouTube will find for you more similar things. I am crying right now.
Ok, I understand that someone may want to change their look or might be fed up with such long hair, but... The way they cut it... Blunt scissors, crooked line of cutting... And why so drastically? Why not bra line at least, if those womens don't want to have really long hair anymore? I am still crying. Sorry for overreacting.

skarab
April 8th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Yeah, the blunt scissors and the careless cutting just make it a gazillion times worse. It just seems disrespectful. :cry:

zeldagirl7491
April 8th, 2010, 09:52 AM
It makes me very sad too.
When I was little and would watch tv or movies where a character loses their long hair, it would devastate me. It still does today.

SHELIAANN1969
April 8th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I see no need to cry or get upset over someone else making a decision over their own body. My aunt had very long hair for 40 years, decided to cut, no one was around to help so she just cut with fabric scissors. Later on her daughter fixed it and she looks fine.

It's their own hair, we can't make choices for anyone but ourselves. No matter how upsetting it seems.

It isn't like she cut her throat or harmed herself, that would be completely different.

I would suggest not watching things that will knowingly upset you, it isn't good to be distressed over something that doesn't directly concern you.

starlights
April 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM
i agree... its a shame when people with long lovely hair cut their tresses, but thats their choice. They probably will miss it someday!

Arriens
April 8th, 2010, 01:23 PM
but thats their choice. They probably will miss it someday!
And come back here crying and asking for tips to grow it back. Also known as, new future members. :P

spidermom
April 8th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I like it when people with extra-long hair cut their hair. It makes mine all the more unique.

XcaliburGirl
April 8th, 2010, 01:50 PM
That scene in Mulan where she cut her hair with a sword always made me cringe. Ouch! Hope it was sharp.

I thought it was weird when I chopped off most of my hair and everyone kept asking me if I cried. No, I made(i.e. agonized over) the decision. I guess if I regretted it it wouldn't have been fun, though.

Loreley
April 8th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I don't understand why they do that... :shrug:

dearladydisdain
April 8th, 2010, 02:04 PM
i agree... its a shame when people with long lovely hair cut their tresses, but thats their choice. They probably will miss it someday!
Nope. I cut off my classic length hair at 19 and haven't looked back once.

I think long hair is beautiful but if someone wants to cut it off that makes no difference to me. It's when I feel they have been pressured that I get upset.

Carolyn
April 8th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I thought it was weird when I chopped off most of my hair and everyone kept asking me if I cried. No, I made(i.e. agonized over) the decision. I guess if I regretted it it wouldn't have been fun, though.There is a certain type of person who takes pleasure in hearing haircut stories where women cry over the loss of their hair.

jera
April 8th, 2010, 02:24 PM
It makes me very sad too.
When I was little and would watch tv or movies where a character loses their long hair, it would devastate me. It still does today.

Me too. :o

Nope. I cut off my classic length hair at 19 and haven't looked back once.

I think long hair is beautiful but if someone wants to cut it off that makes no difference to me. It's when I feel they have been pressured that I get upset.

But if you're so happy with chin length hair why are you here? ;)

mwedzi
April 8th, 2010, 02:43 PM
It was her choice, right? In that case, no need to feel bad. No physical harm was done. And if her hair was long before, she likely knows how to grow it long, so she'll know how to get her length back if she wants.

Henrietta
April 8th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I see no need to cry or get upset over someone else making a decision over their own body.

It's their own hair, we can't make choices for anyone but ourselves. No matter how upsetting it seems.

I didn't say that they cannot decide about theur body and they cannot cut their hair. But why this way? People are pulling their heads and everything looks like long hair is the worst thing one can have in their life.

Beatnik Guy
April 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
There is a certain type of person who takes pleasure in hearing haircut stories where women cry over the loss of their hair.
Carolyn is right. Internetland includes a lot of long hair /hair cut f e t i s h people, who the mods try hard to keep away from LHC.

I understand what you mean Henrietta. Although I totally respect everyone's right to make their own choices about their body or their hair, I like long hair and i'm always (selfishly :wink:) sorry if it is cut off. If there was a long hair revolution and it was much more common, that'd be just fine with me. :cheese:

Flaxen
April 8th, 2010, 04:50 PM
But if you're so happy with chin length hair why are you here? ;)

Because we know all the best secrets for hair care of any length! :cheese:

(And we have :chocolate: )

SHELIAANN1969
April 8th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I am sure it is long again, it was 3 years ago on the video. ;)

It was her choice, right? In that case, no need to feel bad. No physical harm was done. And if her hair was long before, she likely knows how to grow it long, so she'll know how to get her length back if she wants.

They did it on TV, it's all about the drama and hoopla, anything to get a reaction from people. If I recall it was a show that is notorious for *which of these 3 men is my babys daddy* and Mama drama.

I didn't say that they cannot decide about theur body and they cannot cut their hair. But why this way? People are pulling their heads and everything looks like long hair is the worst thing one can have in their life.

phistash
April 8th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Most people are capable of cutting off all of their hair and not regretting it, despite the fact that many people here would never do that. I have a hard time caring what anyone else does to their hair, I guess. It's really not my business. If they decide later on to regrow it, and come here for support and advice, they've every right to. I also wasn't aware that TLHC members *had* to have long hair. I see no reason why someone with shorter hair cannot use this forum for general hair care advice and tips.
Also, last time I checked, people weren't being forced into having their hair chopped off on television. Sure, producers may take advantage of them to an extent, but I'll be damned if I ever find myself on a set, doing something to my hair that I haven't fully consented to.
In other words, I feel nothing for these people, neither glad nor upset about what they've done to their hair. It's truly a non-issue to me.

RavennaNight
April 8th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I am sure it is long again, it was 3 years ago on the video. ;)

They did it on TV, it's all about the drama and hoopla, anything to get a reaction from people. If I recall it was a show that is notorious for *which of these 3 men is my babys daddy* and Mama drama.

exactly this. The Maury show over the 20ish years it has been on, has descended and deteriorated into a freakshow depicting baby daddy issues, exploiting disfigurements and midgets as well. It's down there with Jerry Springer. Not even Tyra Banks can compete with it's lowness. Sorry, but anyone who is on that show wants to be there, whatever their sick reason may be.

I don't think we want their audience following the program to here via links/etc, because all the aformentioned subject matter has f3tish people looking for it.

I couldn't watch the links in their entirity, only because the whole chanting "cut it" and lopping off hair is getting old and has been done before. Once Tyra has been through it, I guess it is up to Maury to copycat and dig up leftovers.:rolleyes: it's no more disturbing than it has ever been.

Bucatini
April 8th, 2010, 07:48 PM

We do? Where!?

Flynn
April 8th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I cut my tailbone length hair to pixie a few years back, and I find these threads extremely offensive.

How was it cut? Well, the hairdresser put in in a pony-tail, braided it, and tied it off, and then hacked it off above the first pony-tail. Very roughly. It was extremely uneven, ragged, and just all over the place. Then he tidied it up, and took it all the way up to pixie.

And you know what?

It was fun.

I enjoyed it.

So why am I here? Well, my hair's long again, and I wanted to find out things to do with it. Why is it long? Because I decided I wanted it to be long, and maintaining it short was getting too expensive. ($70 a haircut, and needing one every six weeks? Yeeeah, no.) Will I chop it again? Maybe. Probably, actually. I liked it. Will I regret it if I do? NO.

I'm sure you get offended by people saying how negligent and disgusting floor-length hair is. So, how about you have some respect, and realise it works the other way too.

ravenreed
April 8th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I agree completely! Back in the late 80's/early 90's I had almost waist length hair. I don't remember why I cut it back to chin, but I did. Actually that was the second time I cut my hair really short after having long hair. NOT ONCE after cutting it did I regret it. Now I am growing it out again, but if I decide to go short, I will, without regrets.

There are things you can do with short hair that you cannot do with long hair, and vice versa. I refuse to get stuck in the "the longer the better" mind set, just as I refuse to get stuck in the "must have fashionable hair" mindset. I will grow my hair as long as I enjoy the process. Once I cease to enjoy it, I will re-evaluate things.

I cut my tailbone length hair to pixie a few years back, and I find these threads extremely offensive.

How was it cut? Well, the hairdresser put in in a pony-tail, braided it, and tied it off, and then hacked it of above the first pony-tail. Very roughly. It was extremely uneven, ragged, and just all over the place. Then he tidied it up, and took it all the way up to pixie.

And you know what?

It was fun.

I enjoyed it.

So why am I here? Well, my hair's long again, and I wanted to find out things to do with it. Why is it long? Because I decided I wanted it to be long, and maintaining it short was getting too expensive. ($70 a haircut, and needing one every six weeks? Yeeeah, no.) Will I chop it again? Maybe. Probably, actually. I liked it. Will I regret it if I do? NO.

I'm sure you get offended by people saying how negligent and disgusting floor-length hair is. So, how about you have some respect, and realise it works the other way too.

walterSCAN
April 8th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I like it when people with extra-long hair cut their hair. It makes mine all the more unique.

Heh... this is usually how I feel about it too... Glad I'm not the only one!

vindo
April 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Carolyn is right. Internetland includes a lot of long hair /hair cut f e t i s h people, who the mods try hard to keep away from LHC.

That and like RavennaNight said, its a lot about the Drama too, if you don't have a ******, you like the Drama. I suppose some feel envy in some sort of way too...not that they want it 'this' long, but maybe longer than they currently have and it bothers them to see someone growing it like its nothing ;)

And third there is just a lot of people that dislike hair that long and can't understand why someone would possibly want hair longer than the middle of the back! They think its a good thing that it is taken off.

That said, although I think its not tasteful...those makeovers don't make me feel too much 'pain'. I just think "omg all those years" ...but then again, I also had a time where I wanted a cut, not super short but I went for the method where a ponytail is tied on top of the head and then shortened to make it layered and the result was pretty! :) (had BSL length then)

manderly
April 8th, 2010, 09:12 PM
No. These don't bother me. I don't care what strangers do with their hair.

If this is for shock value, there is a market for it and plenty of willing participants.

If this is for f*tishists, there is a market for it and plenty of willing participants.

No harm, no foul, no skin of my back.

And I concur with Flynn, when you cut a large amount of hair drastically, the usual method is to lop a whole bunch of it off quickly and without much finesse. The styling and more careful cutting comes in once all that excess hair is gone.

I've never had tons of hair, but I had my nearly BSL chopped off into a REALLY angled bob that shaved the back of my head up a few inches (this was back in 1999, waaaaaaaaay before Rihanna thankyouverymuch). It's liberating and fun to have something drastic done, and it's weird how your head wants to bob forward because all that weight is gone :lol:

Cinnamon Hair
April 8th, 2010, 09:31 PM
exactly this. The Maury show over the 20ish years it has been on, has descended and deteriorated into a freakshow depicting baby daddy issues, exploiting disfigurements and midgets as well. It's down there with Jerry Springer. Not even Tyra Banks can compete with it's lowness. Sorry, but anyone who is on that show wants to be there, whatever their sick reason may be.

So I shouldn't take it as a compliment that I was asked (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=27389)to be on the Maury Show for a hair makeover session? They found me on YouTube, of all places. Not only would I get a free makeover, but I'd also enjoy a free round trip flight to/from Chicago, 1 night hotel stay, and an outfit. Don't know how I was able to pass that up! :rolleyes:

aef231
April 8th, 2010, 09:41 PM
The only time I was really sad to see someone cut their long hair was when one of my friends did it after high school. She's about 5'9", slim, porcelain skin, blue eyes, face like an angel and natural, *silver* blond hair. It was classic length and just the most beautiful hair in the world. She's still gorgeous (cut it to a few inches below shoulder blades), but her hair just seemed so unique, and such a rarity, that I was a little sad.

PF Graham
April 8th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I'm pained to jump in this one but, what the heck.

The personal choice to have and maintain long hair is just that - a personal choice.

I know from VERY personal experience, you can not dictate how someone else wears their hair.

I've made that mistake and it was costly, very costly.

Any time one person or a group try to dictate a norm, there will always be blow back. Be it cloths, makeup or God forbid, hair length.

All that being said, when I see a women with long, healthy hair, I'm thrilled. I know, just like anything that requires attention, and care this person takes great pride and joy in their hair.

For me, it speaks volumes about how this women thinks about herself, the respect and attention she demands for having long hair and her personal decision and her ability to care for such a thing.

Being a man and having loved a women that made a personal choice to go long I can say this without fear of reprisal, it changes you. It changed me. I can't see a way back.

There are some distinctions to remember (as listed above in other post); women make decision for reasons we can not know. Money, peer pressure, money, time, money & time, business pressure, cultural pressure, selfish, change for a changes sake, a thousand other. Guilt should not be meted out for any of these.

At the end of the day, it's true, it's not my hair BUT, am I repulsed by the exploitation of extreme makeovers and "forced" hair cuts - unequivocal yes. That's why I'm here and not there...

I know I'm new here and I'm not considered a human until 60 days or one million posts but I think the site's name sort of says it all. There are thousands of sites that are about every other aspect of hair but this site clearly defines it's mission.

And I for one, am happier for it!

Long live long hair!

jera
April 9th, 2010, 01:16 AM
The only time I was really sad to see someone cut their long hair was when one of my friends did it after high school. She's about 5'9", slim, porcelain skin, blue eyes, face like an angel and natural, *silver* blond hair. It was classic length and just the most beautiful hair in the world. She's still gorgeous (cut it to a few inches below shoulder blades), but her hair just seemed so unique, and such a rarity, that I was a little sad.

One of my friends did that too after high school. She had super thick honey blonde hair that was a little longer than classic before she cut it to shoulder length.
Funny thing was the reaction everyone had to her afterwards. She was always pretty but not drop dead gorgeous. Still, she'd always been one of the most sought after girls in high school and everyone treated her with deference but suddenly she became ordinary after she chopped her hair off. No one crowded around her hanging on her every word anymore. Guys who'd always clustered around her began to treat her just like any other girl, and for the first time in my life my mid - back length hair was longer than hers. :D I felt like a queen. :p

Athena's Owl
April 9th, 2010, 01:21 AM
you realize that movies like this are made for a specific audience who enjoy watching this act? and i mean they *enjoy* it. I'd rather not talk about them, and I really don't like hearing about stuff like this. some of them come to this site specifically to ask such questions in order to get the reactions they want to see, and I thought that you were one of those. but since the mod team finds them and bans them fast, I guess you just didn't know.

ilovelonghair
April 9th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I feel bad when someone cuts their very long hair short, that is because I'm jealous of people with very long hair and I can't imagine they'd cut it

Flaxen
April 9th, 2010, 03:27 PM
We do? Where!?

:chocolate::chocolate::chocolate::chocolate:

(From the special cupboard in the moderator room. Next to the cheese. :eyebrows: )

Carolyn
April 9th, 2010, 04:07 PM
One of my friends did that too after high school. She had super thick honey blonde hair that was a little longer than classic before she cut it to shoulder length.
Funny thing was the reaction everyone had to her afterwards. She was always pretty but not drop dead gorgeous. Still, she'd always been one of the most sought after girls in high school and everyone treated her with deference but suddenly she became ordinary after she chopped her hair off. No one crowded around her hanging on her every word anymore. Guys who'd always clustered around her began to treat her just like any other girl, and for the first time in my life my mid - back length hair was longer than hers. :D I felt like a queen. :pRevenge is sweet, isn't it? :D

Bonkers57
April 10th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Great answer! :D And you're absolutely right; I've discovered hair care secrets that I never would have otherwise :) (And the cheese & chocolate are a plus!)

Because we know all the best secrets for hair care of any length! :cheese:

I'm with you, Flynn. I've always liked to change things up every so often. So, even though I'm now content to let my hair grow, I have no doubt I'll cut it in the future at some time. It's just part of being 'me.' I feel like I belong here as much as anyone else. You said it well - lets show some respect towards others, whether you agree with what they're doing or not.

How was it cut? Well, the hairdresser put in in a pony-tail, braided it, and tied it off, and then hacked it off above the first pony-tail. Very roughly. It was extremely uneven, ragged, and just all over the place. Then he tidied it up, and took it all the way up to pixie.

And you know what?

It was fun.

I enjoyed it.

And I LOVE your signature, kwaniesiam! :)

Hair stylist in training. We're not all evil, I promise!

kwaniesiam
April 10th, 2010, 09:56 PM

And you know what?

It was fun.

I enjoyed it.

This x1,000

NuclearMosquito
April 10th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I remember watching a talk show where they had a woman with long beautiful hair get it chopped off after saying she didn't want them to do it, and she cried. It made me really sad. If the participant is willing, more power to them. If society or family is pressuring them, that's where there's trouble, and that's when it starts to bother me.

jera
April 11th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Revenge is sweet, isn't it? :D

Hehehe !:D Hair is power.

Henrietta
April 14th, 2010, 08:16 AM
I will say it again. It's their own decision THAT they want to cut their hair. They can do this. But people MUSTN'T do it the way they are doing this on the movies- pulling those women's heads. It's like "Ooooh, poor lady. She has long hair. Come on, we'll help you, we'll set you free." They treat them like mannequins. Pulling heads and blunt scissors are the worst things here.

SHELIAANN1969
April 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM
They are allowing them to do it, if they didn't want it done they would have complained. :shrug:

PhillyGirl26
April 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I know it's very sad to see that and atleast they could cut it to BSL.

Henrietta
May 3rd, 2010, 05:32 AM

I cut my tailbone hair to pixe too 10 years ago. I didn't said that CUTTING long hair is bad. Treating long hair as it is the worst thing on the Earth and cutting it roughly is to my mind bad.

Beatnik Guy
May 3rd, 2010, 05:53 AM
I will say it again. It's their own decision THAT they want to cut their hair. They can do this. But people MUSTN'T do it the way they are doing this on the movies- pulling those women's heads. It's like "Ooooh, poor lady. She has long hair. Come on, we'll help you, we'll set you free." They treat them like mannequins. Pulling heads and blunt scissors are the worst things here.

Yes, it is the disrespectful and f e t i s h istic* presentation in this type of video that is the main issue. Of course, I'm also sorry to see long hair cut off, but that is the individual's choice. :twocents: