PDA

View Full Version : Formal Hairstyle Ideas for SL?

XcaliburGirl
April 8th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I am in a Sweet Adelines regional competition with my chorus this month and I need ideas for how to do my hair. The guidelines are:

Formal
Off the shoulders
"Big" or not flat against the head (I guess from the audience it makes you look bald?)
Away from the face, but they also said it shouldn't be too severe of an updo, "soft"
The bottom layer of my hair just hits my shoulder so I may be able to get it to poof up enough to be off them, but maybe an updo or half updo look and stay better. Hmm...
I need something that's not too damaging and I can do myself fairly easily.

Links to pictures are appreciated, I can't see pictures yet.

Thanks for any ideas!

Magdalene
April 8th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Can you do a high ponytail with your length. When my hair was shoulderish I put it in a high ponytail, curled it, then pinned the curls into a soft bun.

hmmm
April 8th, 2010, 12:08 PM
You might want to try a gibson tuck: http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Simple-Victorian-Hairstyle

XcaliburGirl
April 8th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks! Either of those options would probably be good if I can figure out a way to get some height/volume in the crown area.

julliams
April 8th, 2010, 06:12 PM
You can take a small bit around the top , twist it, poof it and pin it in place. I with I had a pic to show you but I'd have to hunt around online and I'm not sure what it's called. Kind of like how Elaine did her hair in Seinfeld if that helps. Then work the rest of the hair around it.
I have seen people curl their hair and then just randomly pin it up. Another good one is a Torrinpaige one that you could do with shorter hair as long as you can make little buns with small pieces. http://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige#p/u/27/YvE9CCUmKY0

countryhopper
April 8th, 2010, 11:59 PM
There are a couple of styles I like in the articles section on the top of the page that can be done with shoulder length hair. One I really like and sounds like it might suit what you're looking for is the summer flower bun. It is very easy to do, and has a picture of what it should look like. Dress it up with pins or artificial flowers.