PDA

View Full Version : Ukers wheres do you get you supplements etc?

Purdy Bear
April 8th, 2010, 04:20 AM
I have a huge list of supplements to get, Id love to know the best place you'v found to buy them.

My list so far:

MSM
DE
Ferritin
Iron
Biotin
Silica
Hair vitamins
Black Strap Molasses
Inositol

as well as
Aloe Vera
Caster Oil

I already have:

Olive Oil
Sunflower Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Jojoba Oil

I also need a good reputable place for essential oils

Thanks for your assistance.

Newniepg
April 8th, 2010, 04:28 AM
I can't help with most of that list, but for iron (and the more common supplements) I go to the pharmacy section of asda. Castor oil I got for under £2 at a little pharmacy in my town (in the constpation section!)

My Dad gets his vitamins and stuff from Holland and Barret when they have a sale on, they also sell AV gel.

Hope that helps and that someone more knowlegable comes along soon!

lexiflowers
April 8th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Most are available at Boots, and there's usually a 3 for 2 type offer on most vitamins there. :agree: Plus of course you can get lots of lovely advantage card points while you're at it. :D

Anything you can't get at Boots should be at Holland & Barrett's.

Hope that helps. :)

Monsterkitti
April 8th, 2010, 04:43 AM
My vitamins are from a combination of Tescos, boots and Holland and Barrett, I think it goes:

Muti vit and iron - Boots
MSM, Kelp - Holland and Barrett
Omega 3,6,9 - Tescos

I was buying biotin from Holland and Barrett before I stopped.

Im not too sure on prices or if these are the very cheapest places but after trying a few different ones these are the ones I like best.

My aloe comes from Holland and Barrett, I love that stuff, it comes in a pump dispenser, is huge tub and is around £10 if im remembering right :)

My castor oil comes from Akamuti.co.uk but its by no means the cheapest around and i'll probably look for somewhere cheaper once I run out.

alwayssmiling
April 8th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Holland & Barratt for most of your list. They often have good deals there. I got my castor oil from Boots, after a long search, but I had to ask as it was under the counter at the Phamacy rather than on the shelf (She had wipe the dust off :))

Black Strap Molasses was in H&B. Struggled to find it in the usual supermarkets.

Atlantic
April 8th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Regarding blackstrap molasses: from a culinary point of view, I've always regarded this as interchangeable with black treacle. Does anyone know if they are in fact identical, or if not, how similar they are in terms of vitamins and minerals? Googling quickly just shows a lot of people asking the same question. :)

Alaia
April 8th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I have a great essential oils website somewhere on my laptop, I will edit this post if I can find it.

Otherwise Neal's Yard is a great place to get them. Not cheap, but fantastic quality.