PDA

View Full Version : Triumph over temptation. Success going natural.

oceanwoman111
April 7th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Hello LHCers!:waving:

I've been going 8 months without my semi-permanent gloss. About two weeks ago, I started to dislike the way my hair looked. I've been disappointed by the color and texture of my natural hair. So I made the appointment at the salon to get the dark gloss done, but after all the things I've been doing to help my hair get healthy, it seemed crazy to throw some chemicals in for a quick fix. There is such a difference in smoothness between the "virgin" hair and the hair that has been processed.
Long story short, I cancelled the appointment :cheer: with the encouragement of friends at LHC. Then something magical happened :magic: Today, I did a deep condition with hair Cavier and followed it up with a shampoo and ACV. I was shocked after my hair air dried. Unexpectedly, it looked gorgeous. Dark, rich and shiny. Just the effect I was going to the salon to get. Except without any chemicals.

My message to all the members going back to their natural color....... If you get tempted to dye your hair, just wait one more day. Give you hair a major moisture treatment and see if it's really as bad as you think. Most likely, you'll be pleasantly surprised and proud that you didn't give in. :wink:

I took a pic today, in my album, if you want to check it out. My mom and I comparing our color.

vindo
April 7th, 2010, 09:49 PM
I can't see the photo, but I just wanted to say good job for staying strong! :)

turtlelover
April 7th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Good for you! I've grown out my natural color recently, too, and one more chop, and I'll be 100% natural. It DOES feel good not to rely on chemicals or have a monthly commitment to a dye bottle! ;-)

oceanwoman111
April 7th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Emichiee, Thanks alot. I'm trying to get the kind of length that you have. GORGEOUS!

Turtlelover, Congrats!! :cheer: It's not easy ,but it definitely feels liberating to not only accept what nature has given you, but enjoy it! Your hair looks super healthy and shiny.

KittyLost
April 8th, 2010, 02:55 AM
This is great advice!
Well done for not giving in :) I will be sure to follow this advice in future as my roots aren't so bad that I'm wanting to give in to temptation but give it another month or two and the temptation will be there!

You should treat yourself to a little something with the money you're saving not getting your gloss treatment :)

Pixna
April 8th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Yay!!!! That's wonderful -- I'm so glad you stayed strong and it paid off. :applause Unfortunately, I can't see your album. Is it on LHC? It seems to have disappeared. :(

cmnt831
April 8th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Wow! Congratulations on finding something natural that works so well. :cheer:

(That is also my favorite way to get super shiny soft hair. Super moisturizing conditioner and then ACV rinse).:D

Bethie
April 8th, 2010, 07:05 AM
:applause Hurray for not giving in to the temptation. Grats on your shiny hair!

oceanwoman111
April 8th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Yay!!!! That's wonderful -- I'm so glad you stayed strong and it paid off. :applause Unfortunately, I can't see your album. Is it on LHC? It seems to have disappeared. :(

Thanks Pixna!!:happydance: It feels pretty good to be confident about your own hair without all the processes and manipulation. Hmmm.:confused: I don't know why members can't view my album. I did scale it down to one ,but I have about 7 pics posted. I'll try to get it worked out soon. :flowers:

oceanwoman111
April 8th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Kittylost, Thank you! :) That's a great idea!! :thumbsup:I think I'm going to get some new clothes for spring or maybe a Pedicure. Yeah! Feel the difference btw your new natural hair and the dyed parts. That was the deal breaker for me.

Cmnt831, It's true. Super moisture treatment and ACV seem to be the magic combo that I've been searching for. Obviously, working it's magic on your lovely locks as well.

Thanks Bethie, I think the important hair lesson that I learned from this is the more we accept the natural state of our hair and the less we try to force or manipulate it into something we think it should be, the better it gets!! Happy Growing!!