PDA

View Full Version : I trimmed off all of my layers!

ChrissieM
April 7th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I went for a trim yesterday, and I'd been thinking for a few months about cutting a blunt hemline in and getting rid of my layers for good. In January, the longest bit of my hair had finally reached waist, but the shortest parts were still at BSL. I realized yesterday that the shortest layers were past BSL, and I would still be below BSL if I cut them all off. So I did it!! I'm back to 28.5 inches now, but I love my new hemline and fresh ends. Check out the evidence in the sig pic below! :cheese:

My goal for this year is waist length with a blunt hemline, and I think I can still get close to that.

chopandchange
April 7th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Wow! It looks lovely! Well done and congrats on your new hemline!

Torrin Paige
April 7th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I think it looks gorgeous! Not so long ago I took the plunge and cut all my layers out as well. It was a little scary as mine was like yours, from waist to BSL to get rid of them all. I am so happy I did so, though, as the blunt hemline is so much easier to keep up with, and my hair just felt so much thicker. So, congrats on gorgeous, thick, shiny hair!

cmnt831
April 7th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Very nice! I definitely think you can get close to waist, if not at waist, by the end of the year for sure. :)

little_cherry
April 7th, 2010, 09:41 AM
It looks fantastic!

emmabovary
April 7th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Congrats! :D It looks amazing. I would be thrilled to get rid of my layers. You have the perfect hair as far as I'm concerned :)

LILBERT
April 7th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Oh congratulations! very brave, im having the same dialemma myself at the moment so thankyou for posting your experience it gives me courage. :)

Loreley
April 7th, 2010, 09:51 AM
It looks very good! And your hair colour is beautiful! :heart:

queenfairypants
April 7th, 2010, 10:00 AM
yes I think you'll get near enough waist length if not spot on WL by the end of the year too. Love your hair *jealous* by the end of the year I'll be at APL and wanna get to waist too! How long has it taken? Love the colour too.

motormuffin
April 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Oh that is lovely. I want to do that! I'm hoping to reach waist with my layers and do the same thing at the end of the year. I bet it feels so much better.

ChrissieM
April 7th, 2010, 10:10 AM
yes I think you'll get near enough waist length if not spot on WL by the end of the year too. Love your hair *jealous* by the end of the year I'll be at APL and wanna get to waist too! How long has it taken? Love the colour too.

I got my layered cut almost exactly a year ago. The longest bit was just above BSL, the shortest parts were about APL. There are some pictures in my album of it after it grew out for four months. My hair grows at an average rate...it would probably take 18-20 months from APL to waist.

freckles
April 7th, 2010, 10:56 AM
It looks great! :)

Gumball
April 7th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Your hair looks great! Having some more length definitely makes trimming off layers to achieve a blunt hemline an easier task, because you still get to retain some length. I really think you'll be able to hit your goal, so good luck!

Sheltie_Momma
April 7th, 2010, 11:00 AM
It looks soo good! I love your hair, it's so smooth. (wistful!) I am going to cut off my layers too but I am waiting for the shortest layer to be longer, right now it is about APL I think. When my hair is down, I love my layers, but now that I wear it up so much they just make flip out every which way.

queenfairypants
April 7th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I got my layered cut almost exactly a year ago. The longest bit was just above BSL, the shortest parts were about APL. There are some pictures in my album of it after it grew out for four months. My hair grows at an average rate...it would probably take 18-20 months from APL to waist.

Thanks. I'm taking it slow, once I get to APL its BSL as next goal but when I'm at APL i'll feel a lot happier with it and feel like I'm getting somewhere, probably won't stop obsessing though! I think my hair is a little bit slower then 1/2 inch per month but near enough that think Dec 2011 or the summer after that it might be at my final goal!

congrats :)

lesbia
April 7th, 2010, 11:13 AM
So nice your hemline!

Sunny_side_up
April 7th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Looks lovely, nicely shaped and i bet it feels good to run your hands/ brush through. Growing mine out a bit more before i can even up my hemline:)