PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Trip for Supplies

Purdy Bear
April 7th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Im planning a major shopping trip after tomorrrow to get all the supplements etc that I need to be taking. The question is, if you were getting it all at once, what would be on your list of things to get to improve hair growth etc?

Thank you for your continueing assistance, help and support.

Clarisse
April 7th, 2010, 05:59 AM
A good multi vit with high levels of b-vitamins, a good silica supplement, a heavy conditioner with a nice smell and a matching bottle of shampoo, leave in conditioner, a wide-tooth bone or wooden comb and perhaps a boar bristle brush. Maybe some protein powder too (if your diet is low on proteins like mine) - and something UV protecting for the summer, like a nice hat, bandana or UV-protecting leave in. :)

I don't think you can get it all from the same shop, though... I buy some of my stuff in different web shops, some of my stuff at the pharmacy, some at the beauty shop and some at the grocery store.

Purdy Bear
April 7th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks Clarisse

I have a few of the items already, but Iv added the rest to my growing shopping list.

Igor
April 7th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Some fine sandpaper! It’s great for making sure tools and accessories are smooth and hair friendly :D

YesitsReal
April 7th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Careful if you're taking silica (diatomaceous earth, maybe?)! I'd read up on it first. I've heard something about it--like it's easy to overdose on or it's hard on your kidneys or something. Check the Mayo Clinic website; that's what I do whenever I want to start taking a new supplement.

Anje
April 7th, 2010, 12:23 PM
There have been a couple instances on these boards where people have had growth problems because of zinc deficiency. Don't go overboard with it (or any other mineral), but consider adding Calcium-Magnesium-Zinc and Vitamin D to the regimen, both for your hair and just for general health. Anemia/iron deficiency is also a potential culprit, but I'd work with a doctor on that rather than increasing iron intake on your own. Other than that (and the B vitamins, which make your pee bright yellow!), I'd generally just make sure that you're getting a good selection of vitamins and minerals for general health.

Biotin and MSM are favorites for increasing hair growth (though biotin can cause acne). Do a bit of research on doses.

If you don't have one, get a comfy hat to protect your scalp and growing hair from sunburn.

Clarisse
April 8th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Silica should be completely harmless, unless you have kidney problems. It's water-soluble, meaning that the body takes what it needs and flushes the rest out of the system.