PDA

View Full Version : Do you think I could get 1" Per month hair growth?

SophieSpector
April 7th, 2010, 05:34 AM
I recently started taking b vitamins and trying to eat a lot more protein ( omnomnom protein bars ) and I'm going to start taking high quality MSM ( starting with 800mg for two weeks and then going up to 3000mg as the box says ). I'm also taking iron, other beneficial supps and doing exercise, good hair care ect ect.

I grow about 1/2 an inch a month, how likely is it that I can get it to 1" do ya think?

freckles
April 7th, 2010, 05:40 AM
There's really no way we can guess. You'll just have to wait and see :)

A warning, though: you say you take iron. Are you anaemic/have you been advised to by a doctor? I've always heard that taking iron supplements when not needed can do more harm than good. I would be careful with that one.

Purdy Bear
April 7th, 2010, 05:45 AM
1/2 an inch is supposed to be the norm for a months growth, so anything plus that is a bonus.

I think it also depends, some people grow more and some gorw less.

FrannyG
April 7th, 2010, 05:46 AM
I don't think anything I've tried has ever changed my growth rate, but everyone is different, so who knows? Good luck with your experiment! :blossom:

SophieSpector
April 7th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I take iron because I have anemia , ive got myself up to a good level and I'm now maintaining my iron levels

Clarisse
April 7th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I think it is more likely that you will get thicker/more shiny/healthy hair, than it is that you will get faster growing hair. Do you take a good multivit? Not even the highest doses of protein, biotin and MSM will benefit your hair and your over-all health, if you lack something else...

countryhopper
April 7th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I'd suggest measuring now and checking back in a month. It's the only sure way to know! Also, warmer weather is coming, so that might contribute to faster growth, too!

I think the supplements will help too; I don't see how they would SLOW DOWN growth, so every little bit helps!

Loreley
April 7th, 2010, 10:02 AM
You have to wait and you'll see! ;)
I'm starting to take a hair and nail vitamin next week (after I run out of my usual vitamin supply). According to many people this can help hair to grow faster and be healthier.
My usual growth rate is 1 cm/month. I tried a hair tonic containing herbs last month for growth and my hair grew 2 cms. :cheese:
But it's spring so maybe that helped, too. I'm looking forward to see whether the vitamins will help or not. :confused:
I hope they will work for both of us! :hifive:

Sunny_side_up
April 7th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Im being more conscious of taking in more protein at breakfast time- alongside carbs, more so because it keeps me fuller for longer and i can get through most of the morn without thinking about my stomach. Did this for a couple weeks and was sure my hair responded positively, probably just me imagining things:eyebrows: Went to a week of lighter b'fst with no meat protein and didn't feel great. I enjoy my fruit and veg too but pretty sure the extra protein boosted my bodys general state:yumm:

my2cats1
April 7th, 2010, 04:28 PM
It would not hurt to do some exercise each day, too, so all that good vitamin-filled blood gets to your hair roots :)

It sounds like you are well on your way to achieving your own personal optimum growth rate, whatever that is (could be 1/5 inch, or it could be more)!

Good luck!

Carolyn
April 7th, 2010, 04:46 PM
You can optimize your hair growth with vitamins and supplements, eating well and getting enough protein, exercising, and drinking plenty of water. But your hair is only going to grow as much as you are genetically programmed to grow. If it's not in your genes, you aren't going to get it. If you are deficient in something then the vitamins, supplements and etc could boost your growth rate. I've taken all the well known hair vitamins and supplements for years and have never boosted my growth rate. However I have grown better quality hair. The strands are thicker and my hair is denser than it used to be, but sadly I don't grow any faster than I ever did.

SophieSpector
April 7th, 2010, 05:21 PM
thank you guys, I see what you all mean. I am trying to also do daily cardio and give myself scalp massages every so often.

I didn't think about my genetic capability, however, i'm pretty hairy so I think I could possible reach 1" or somewhere close but yes, we will see, fingers crossed!

my2cats1
April 7th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Take measurements this month, and then come back and let us kow how it goes.:cheese:

There is some neat hair growth comparisons here:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=42536