PDA

View Full Version : Yet another request for hairtyping help...

Meli
May 5th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Inspired by all the hairtyping threads lately, I finally got around to make proper hairtyping pics myself. My hair has got wavier since I changed my haircare, and I'm not sure if I have typed my hair correctly. I think it's too little wave for 2a (I have a long wavelength, LOL), but still, there are more waves, which also have more staying power, than I'd expect for 1c. What do you think?

The pictures are in my album, here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=437&pictureid=11334).

TIA!

eadwine
May 5th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I say 1c still though :)

Juliet's Silk
May 5th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Wow that's a though one and I have seen quite a lot "1b/1c/2a?" threads lately :lol: I think I rewrote my reply three times now :lol:
I'm going step by step because I'm not quite sure what to say myself:

The overall impression: straight or wavy? At first I opted for a clear 1c, even pondered over 1b a bit but then I asked myself - what's my overall impression? My mind tells me, your hair looks straight, but then... there are a bit too many S waves through the hair to be 1c. On the other hand, the S waves aren't as pronounced as I would expect in 2a hair.
If you go and take Fia's classifiers by heart, you're a 2a. Her classifiers are:

The classifiers (just for clarification):
1b - straight but with a slight body wave, just enough to add some volume, doesn't look wavy
1c - straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves (e.g. nape of neck or temples)
2a - loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair

And yeah, the 2a description matches just fine, don't you think?
Still I can't get over the fact that if I would go with my first gut feeling I would classify you as a straightie.
I think you're the only case I'm ever going to advise a 1c/2a (I don't like those mixed classifiers usually). I'm sure your hair has more potential and in a few months you can classify yourself as a true 2a. Until that, I'd go with 1c/2a because it's a really tough call. If you like, you can also go with a true 2a right away, because your hair matches Fia's classifier just fine.

spidermom
May 5th, 2008, 11:22 AM
My first thought was 1C, followed closely by 2A. I think you're 2A, though. Sometimes first thoughts can be wrong.

Tangles
May 5th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I consider myself a very clear 2A unless I damp-bun, and I'm a fair bit wavier than you. I'd still put you at a borderline 1C.

vindo
May 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Looks like 1c/2a to me. I think the S Wave is too strong for 1c as it seems to bulge more (dunno how to describe that)

Maybe on some days youre even a 2a?

Whatever hair type your hair is very pretty! :flower:

Meli
May 5th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Thank you, everyone! :flowers: It seems like I can change my settings to 1c/2a, then. If anyone else wants to chime in, please feel free to do so.

Juliet's Silk: Yeah, "loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair" describes it quite well. Still, I think they should be more defined before I claim solid 2a. I have yet to see if I can bring out more waves.

Emichiee: Aww, thank you! I don't know if I have 2a-days - my hair used to be straighter when I used 'cones. Since I ditched them I usually fingercomb my hair a few times while it's drying to make it dry faster. That makes it straighter too, and I didn't know it was this wavy when left untouched (note to self: no more fingercombing wet/damp hair). Now I'm going to experiment to see if there are any routines that can enhance my waves.

Katze
May 6th, 2008, 04:49 AM
2a definitely.

I'm one of those inbetweenies whose hair is straighter on top, but wavier at the bottom. On good days, my ends spiral.

I think what is important is how your hair acts - is it frizzy? Do the waves change from day to day? Then you are a wavy, probably. Mine acts wavy (frizzy, messy, temperamental) but quite often looks 'straight' and was, in fact, straight when I was a kid.

nomadhome
May 6th, 2008, 08:20 AM
My sort of gut reaction is 1C.

Blueglass
May 6th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I would say 1c. A very strong 1c. The overall seems straight, and the waves seem to be on top of the straightness. I tend to image 2a as an overall series of waves or bump, like surf at high-tide.

Meli
May 6th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Katze: I do have frizz, not as much as I used to have before I quit using 'poo, though. I usually keep my hair up (braided and/or bunned), and my hair gets "updo-waves" easy, so I don't know if the natural waves change from day to day, but I never know how they are going too look after my next wash... I suppose it is acting a bit like wavy hair, then :D

jojo
May 7th, 2008, 12:30 PM
id say a 1c too with 2a tendencies, so yes 1c/2a describes it well!

PatGear
May 7th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I'd waffle and go for 1c/2b as well.

psvzum
May 7th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I'm not good at hairtyping but just wanted to tell you what pretty hair you have :)

Meli
May 8th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Thank you very much! :flowers: