PDA

View Full Version : My New Disney Hairspiration!

tralalalara
April 6th, 2010, 06:18 PM
http://www.theanimationblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/disney-tangled.jpg

The link above is to an image from Disney's new take on Rapunzel!! OOHH I'm so excited for this, it's set to come out during the Christmas season.

Her hair is long enough to tie the boy up AND still trail around the floor!

The only problem is that we all know that it will be chopped at some point in the movie. It's how the story goes.. =/

teela1978
April 6th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Check out this thread, there are some interesting LHC links to rapunzel :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4650

Rennire
April 6th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I am so excited for this movie too! I love Disney movies! =P

ohwhataday03
April 6th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I don't wait my hair to be thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat long, just down to my tailbone. I say do it! Everyone has their own lenght. So go for it :cheese:.

sarah061
April 6th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Ooh that looks really cute! I'm excited for that movie to come out - it's going to be sad when she cuts all her hair off though :( She looks like one sassy lady in that pic!

MandyBeth
April 6th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Disney has renamed this "Tangled" apparently. Plus release is bumped up to Thanksgiving time frame.

Tho really, I've watched Disney massacre stories with keeping the name the same, I don't want to see what they'll do if they go so far as to change the name. DBF suggested going on Thanksgiving and announcing thru out the movie how badly they have changed the story.

Pegasus Marsters
April 6th, 2010, 07:41 PM
They've changed the name of the movie to Tangled as they think the reason the Princess and the Frog wasn't as successful as they anticipated is because little boys didn't go and see it because of the princessy theme. What's wrong with making a movie just for little girls anyway? They make rom-coms aimed at a female audience, what's wrong with aiming at a specific gender? I know they don't make action or horror movies with women in mind, I'm still going to see it if it looks any good.

Disney is just an exercise in money making now. :( It makes me sad.

Ma'am
April 6th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Quality is poor, but this is the longest 'trailer' I've found:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/disney-s-tangled-leaks-online-9268

Gypsy
April 6th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Does the hair for sure get cut?
We all know that Disney only loosely follows a fairy tale story line, not one of the fairy tales Disney has done is true to it's original story, lol!

Pegasus Marsters
April 6th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Does the hair for sure get cut?
We all know that Disney only loosely follows a fairy tale story line, not one of the fairy tales Disney has done is true to it's original story, lol!

From the trailer that's posted in this thread... it looks like she makes it out of the tower without ever cutting her hair. Way to totally screw with the fairy tale THIS time Disney. I mean, I know it gave many of them happy endings where they didn't have them in the original forms but... ehh. Artistic licence is one thing but this takes the cake.

nicolezoie
April 6th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Hmmm... that looks suspiciously like my hair. ;)

tralalalara
April 6th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I don't mind Disney changing the stories, as long as someone else wants to tell it right, like Broadway. =]

Pegasus Marsters
April 6th, 2010, 08:24 PM

When the DVD comes out maybe I should get you to autograph it for me. XD

I don't mind Disney changing the stories, as long as someone else wants to tell it right, like Broadway. =]

Haha! You never know, seeing the story in Disney form might convince kids to read the original fairy tales (some of which are rather gruesome)... I know it did me, albeit years later. I have a few collections of Hans Christian Andersen fairytales and a collection of Grimms ones.

Ivy~Rose
April 6th, 2010, 08:28 PM
That's funny, my mom actually wouldn't let me watch Disney movies as a kid because of how much they messed it up (Little Mermaid, etc) and then rewrote the cultural memory of those tales of the same name. She has a lot of crazy ideas I disagree with, but I understand where she's coming from on this one (as an English major) and I actually agree.

Mulan was the only Disney movie I saw as a kid, and that was when a babysitter was over and smuggled it in (along with a game boy, yay!).

Disney's not a "new" money making machine... it's just more blatant now! /end hijack

I only saw her hair to the ground at first, then I busted out laughing at it around the boy! Disney or no, I'm all for pro-hair & pro-girl propaganda.

Pegasus Marsters
April 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM
That's funny, my mom actually wouldn't let me watch Disney movies as a kid because of how much they messed it up (Little Mermaid, etc) and then rewrote the cultural memory of those tales of the same name. She has a lot of crazy ideas I disagree with, but I understand where she's coming from on this one (as an English major) and I actually agree.

Mulan was the only Disney movie I saw as a kid, and that was when a babysitter was over and smuggled it in (along with a game boy, yay!).

Disney's not a "new" money making machine... it's just more blatant now! /end hijack

I only saw her hair to the ground at first, then I busted out laughing at it around the boy! Disney or no, I'm all for pro-hair & pro-girl propaganda.

I don't think Walt Disney's aim was to make money, if it was I don't think he'd have hung his entire company on Snow White the way he did, it was either going to be his greatest success or his worse downfall. Disney used to make amazing movies but none of the recent ones have really taken my breath away.

And I have to say... I've seen endless amounts of movies that are inspired by books, legend or folk tales and totally ruin the original story in turning it into a movie. Disney are just the most picked on because everyone knows who made their movies. You don't talk about "MGM movies" or "Universal movies" or "Summit Entertainment movies" in the same way people talk about Disney movies, because no one really pays that much attention to which company is behind the movie, but everyone can name Disney movies.

adiapalic
April 6th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I was wondering when Disney would jump in on the "Rapunzel" story! I was expecting cartoon animation though :(. Everything is going to be CGI these days. *sigh*

I love CGI films, don't get me wrong. But sometimes there's just nothing like a good old-fashioned cartoon. :o

Gypsy
April 7th, 2010, 12:24 AM

It's just too cool that it's your hair!
I hope to see you mentioned in all the credits and Wikipedia, ha ha!!
Did you ever get pics of your hair with it all curled before you smoothed it out?
And if they didn't cut Rapunzel's hair in the movie, then I'm glad because knowing it's your hair (sorta) I wouldn't like to see it cut!

Loreley
April 7th, 2010, 12:48 AM
I'm looking forward to it! :D

countryhopper
April 7th, 2010, 07:33 AM
I bet more girls will grow their hair out after seeing this movie...

GlassEyes
April 7th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Eh, Disney ****s with a lot of old tales--but then again, so do a lot of authors. I don't really care.

But if they do keep with the tale, from my recollection, her hair is chopped off anyway. :shrug:

Also, wasn't a member here a model for her animation? Nicolezoie, maybe?

Loviatar
April 7th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Seeing that picture, I now have Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah in my head. :D

YesitsReal
April 7th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Found a trailer and a site! The trailer leaves something to be desired, but I guess that's why it's a trailer. :)

http://tangled.movie-trailer.com/

lesbia
April 7th, 2010, 11:16 AM
A dream of hair!! I'm really in love with them

missmandy
April 7th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Oh wow. My new hair inspiration as well. Even though I don't want my hair THAT long. And even with the length, her hair is still in great condition! (LOL I know it's animated and not real, but it's great inspiration.)

Gypsy
April 8th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Eh, Disney ****s with a lot of old tales--but then again, so do a lot of authors. I don't really care.

But if they do keep with the tale, from my recollection, her hair is chopped off anyway. :shrug:

Also, wasn't a member here a model for her animation? Nicolezoie, maybe?

Err, she posted at the top of the page you posted on, lol!!
You were joking, right? I don't get the jokes online a lot of time.....

Fethenwen
April 8th, 2010, 01:12 AM
http://www.theanimationblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/disney-tangled.jpg

The link above is to an image from Disney's new take on Rapunzel!! OOHH I'm so excited for this, it's set to come out during the Christmas season.

Her hair is long enough to tie the boy up AND still trail around the floor!

The only problem is that we all know that it will be chopped at some point in the movie. It's how the story goes.. =/
That picture is pure WIN :p hahah!

I also get a bit tired of everything having to be CGI, but I think this one looks absolutely amazing! Really fairytale like :)

Merlin
April 8th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Maybe if she uses it to tie him up the film might be a whole lot more interesting than the original story, though may miss out on getting a U certificate....

Nat242
April 8th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Maybe if she uses it to tie him up the film might be a whole lot more interesting than the original story, though may miss out on getting a U certificate....

:bigeyes: :spitting:

If the movie went in that direction, I think I'd go and see it. :eyebrows:

GlassEyes
April 8th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Err, she posted at the top of the page you posted on, lol!!
You were joking, right? I don't get the jokes online a lot of time.....
...joking? o-o;; About what?

From what I remember, she really does get her hair chopped off in the story. The witch does it after she figures out that she's pregnant and throws her out of the tower after slicing off her hair.

...she also finds and turns the Prince blind, methinks. Then they're united through the POWER OF SONG and live happily ever after.

...yeah. XD;

tralalalara
April 8th, 2010, 07:44 PM

From what I remember, she really does get her hair chopped off in the story. The witch does it after she figures out that she's pregnant and throws her out of the tower after slicing off her hair.

...she also finds and turns the Prince blind, methinks. Then they're united through the POWER OF SONG and live happily ever after.

...yeah. XD;

In the version that I know, she finds the prince by that wonderful power of song and her tears of true love heal his blindness!

Gypsy
April 10th, 2010, 01:09 AM

...yeah. XD;
Oops, no sorry!
I meant joking about wasn't it Nicolezoie who was the model, when she had posted just a couple of spots above yours, lol!

AnitaThorn
April 10th, 2010, 01:55 AM
I cannot WAIT for this movie!!!

windinherhair
April 10th, 2010, 02:24 AM
It looks like it will be cute. I look forward to see it! :)

GlassEyes
April 10th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Oops, no sorry!
I meant joking about wasn't it Nicolezoie who was the model, when she had posted just a couple of spots above yours, lol!
Haha! Okay, I get it now.

She really was the model, though. :p

rach
April 10th, 2010, 08:37 AM
my daughter jaw just dropped. I guess i get her vote to see it :p

joiekimochi
April 10th, 2010, 11:40 AM

And Disney REALLY screwed up the story of Mulan and HAD to throw in a talking dragon and a chirpy cricket and the bizarre and unheard-of practice of testing bride candidates, because well, that is SO CHINESE. Plus in order to tone down the woman-power message, they had to make Mulan wimpy and swoony over a sexy Captain.

In the real story, Mulan simply goes to war as a conscript and returns a general without being discovered. End of story.

/end hijack

When I think of Rapunzel I remember that scene in Brothers Grimm where one of the brothers (Heath Ledger I think, RIP) managed to enter the tower and finds the living corpse of the Queen with all her loooong white hair. He uses her hair has a rope to rappel down the tower and in the process rips out the chunk of hair!!! Even if it belonged to a scary old corpse I couldn't help but go "OUCH".

superficial
April 10th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Wow, I love disney and I really have to see this movie!

Gypsy
April 10th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Haha! Okay, I get it now.

She really was the model, though. :p

She posted her experience in her blog and pasted it in the other Rapunzel/Tangled movie thread- she said they put her hair in these glorious curls- I hope she managed to get pictures eventually since she said she didn't get any from her own camera.:)

DulceCandy
April 10th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Oh i love this! I cant wait to go and see it. I dunno if I could deal w hair that long but I love when I see gals w hair long enough to wrap in their hands more then three time. I cant wait!!!

GlassEyes
April 11th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I dunno. I don't really have any problem with Disney messing with old lengends and stuff. A lot of authors do it too, though I can see the 'cultural memory being rewritten' as annoying.

I'm an English major myself, and I find the rewriting of said tales to be fun a lot of the time. :shrug: I mean, yeah, Hercules annoyed me in some respects, but I get huffy about Greek Legends anyway. It's still a fun (and hilarious) movie.

And in Cinderella, I don't know if parents would let their kids watch a movie where two sisters remove their toes and heel to marry a Prince. Though Cinderella exists in like, a bajillion forms depending on what culture you look at, so rewriting that isn't exactly a new process. I know that there's at least a German one (which I read a translation of) and possibly an Inuit one (cant' remember).