PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't so, Norah!

Eireann
May 5th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I recently saw a picture of Norah Jones with a very short (just below the ears) bob with bangs. It was a cute cut, but I was sad just the same because she had such beautiful and natural looking hair, in a business where there's so much glitz and gloss. Well, at least the short hair is low maintenance as well.

Sana
May 5th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I recently saw a picture of Norah Jones with a very short (just below the ears) bob with bangs. It was a cute cut, but I was sad just the same because she had such beautiful and natural looking hair, in a business where there's so much glitz and gloss. Well, at least the short hair is low maintenance as well.

oh yeah.....norah did cut her hair:rolleyes: she still looks good though:D

anna1850
May 5th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I preferred it before:

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070125/norah_l.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.spinner.com/media/2008/04/norah-jones-200-040708.jpg

florenonite
May 5th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Given those pictures (I don't exactly know who she is ..) I'd say the long hair suited her better, which is a bit of a shame. Hopefully she's happy with her cut, though.

Tangles
May 5th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Anyone else agree that Indian women don't look good with really short hair, even moreso than other women? It has something to do with the larger facial features. I'm half Indian, like Norah, and my features are flattered so much better with longgggg hair.

aglaiah
May 5th, 2008, 10:36 AM
She looked so much better with long hair!!:eek: it was so beautiful and make her look softer

mommy2one05
May 5th, 2008, 10:41 AM
i dont know who she is but the longer hair did suit her face better, made her features softer

wintersun99
May 5th, 2008, 10:41 AM

noelgirl
May 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM
She's gorgeous either way, although I'm of course partial to her long curly hair. What I don't like about the shorter style isn't so much that it's short as it is that it's messy and too choppy - her long hair actually looked more polished to me.

lilalong
May 5th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I actually like the short hair style on her. It brings her eyes out.

OhioLisa
May 5th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I think the shorter cut does bring out her eyes, but it also makes her look older in my opinion. Maybe that's what she was going for - a more "mature" look. She's pretty either way. :)

birthmarkie
May 5th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Yes, she is pretty regardless. She was one of my long-hair idols. I'll probably always think of her as having long hair :)

Eireann
May 5th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I agree that the short hair is adorable with her face, it's just that she had such beautiful hair! I would kill for long thick naturally curly hair! Oh well. I guess we all want what we don't have! :shrug:

Dark Rosaleen
May 5th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I think she looks cute with the short hair. Maybe she'll grow it out someday, but if not, then the shorter hair looks amazing on her as well.

Guenever
May 5th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Cute pixie style! :D It brings out her other qualities..

Florida Mom
May 5th, 2008, 02:35 PM
She is beautiful either way. But the short style looks so messy and un-professional IMO. Her long hair was gorgeous.

ajr
May 5th, 2008, 03:27 PM
She's a musician it's not a job that requires the "polished" look. She's a gorgeous girl, she could shave her head bald and would still look pretty.

Shorty89
May 5th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I know I am parrotting others but she looks beautiful either way. I guess it depends on what kind of look you prefer. In the former she appears more mysterious and alluring, while in the latter she is "fresh" and cute. Also, the lighting is different so it's not a fair comparison of the two styles in my opinion. Overall, though, I think I like the way she looks with long hair. But, hey, it's not up to me.

MemSahib
May 5th, 2008, 05:55 PM
She has a part in a movie (her first). I wondered if she cut it for that. Don't ask me what movie. I barely paid attention except that some director wanted her to try to act.

anna1850
May 5th, 2008, 06:11 PM
She has a part in a movie (her first). I wondered if she cut it for that. Don't ask me what movie. I barely paid attention except that some director wanted her to try to act.

No, that was My Blueberry Nights by Wong Kar Wai who did Chunking Express, In the Mood For Love, 2046 etc. That was filmed a year or 2 ago and she had long hair in it. Unless she's doing another one that I haven't heard about.. I guess she just wanted short hair (seems a strange thought to most of us!)

LisaButz2001
May 5th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I'm in the minority here, but, yuck, the long hair looks heaps better.

CurlyNinja
May 5th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I think she looks great either way. Also, part of her thing is that she doesn't change her appearance to fit in and that her music stands alone without her doing anything special. If a short cut is what she wants, I think that's awesome. :)

Anyone else agree that Indian women don't look good with really short hair, even moreso than other women? It has something to do with the larger facial features. I'm half Indian, like Norah, and my features are flattered so much better with longgggg hair.

I'm Indian, and I don't think that's true at all.