PDA

View Full Version : My curls are back!!

jackie75
April 6th, 2010, 06:50 AM
I am so thrilled! For years, I thought my hair just changed, but this last week, I have done a clarifying shampoo a few times, switched to no-cones, & did an oil treatment (not to mention spending lots of money on natural hair goodies). I have oiled my hair for years, but I wasn't doing it "right".

My hair was wavy, with an odd curl here & there. I also have dry hair, with the last four inches damaged.

I'm working on getting my hair back to health, but this is so exciting for me! I got to change my hair type on my profile. :D

Thank you LHC for an awesome education! My hair was tail bone length 14 years ago, & now, my goal to get it long again is very promising!

Verybadhairday
April 6th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Wow! That's great
could you tell me what products you used?
I have hidden curls too underneath all my damage so would like to have the same outcome as you one day :)

jackie75
April 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I used Avalon organics Clarifying shampoo (about three times so far). Then I used Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner.

Last night I only did a CO because I was so tired. I put up my hair in a "messy scrunchie" :

http://http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20761

It's funny this scrunchy method has a name for it. I have been doing this for years because I'm up-do challenged, lol.

jackie75
April 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I forgot to mention I used olive oil, only because that's all I have right now until my orders come in. I think it's a bit too heavy for my hair though. I ordered some shea butter, jojoba oil, essential oils, etc. & plan on making my own whipped concoction. I can't wait!

I also oil with jojoba oil, which my hair loves! I've tried coconut oil in the past, it worked great, but always ended up smelling like soap. :confused: Who knows, maybe it was all the build up on my hair causing that. I want to oder some more of that soon too....but I spent a lot of money already on stuff....so I need to wait. :)

Aevra
April 6th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Congrats! I love having curls, it's a pity that they fall into waves only a few days after my rinse.