PDA

View Full Version : ~rant~ Hair colour turned out just bad! **no photos yet**

Svenja
April 6th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Hello!
I'm so sad right now. I used this 10 min hair colour from L'Oreal Excell 10. I have used it in the past and really liked it. I always used the Cherry Chocolate colour. So this time I used it again (I colour my hair about every 8-10 weeks). I did it as usual: 5 min root application (although I had hardly any roots showing). 5 min length application. I have never had any trouble with it. But this time my lengths turned out so much darker than the rest of my hair! But it's not ALL the lengths, which is so odd. It's mainly the bangs/fringe, as well as some bits in the back. I really do not know what happened there. And I do not know what to do :(
How could it be that this time the dye has changed some of my hair so drastically? What can I do? It looks so bad - actually NOW it looks like I have roots showing whereas before the colouring it did not.
I'm sad.

Pegasus Marsters
April 6th, 2010, 06:04 AM
You can lift the colour with a dye remover (Colour b4 can be picked up at boots) then try again maybe? :)

Svenja
April 6th, 2010, 06:32 AM
My sister has tried Colour B4 in the past and it did nothing for her. Maybe I give it a go, thanks! It cannot stay the way it is now...!

dropinthebucket
April 6th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Did you have any drier/more damaged portions? These will soak up the hair dye at a greater rate. Something similar happened to me with a commercial boxed dye, back when I used to use these. After using them for some months, suddenly, the sides where I used the curling iron to straighten (just the waves on each side of face) were getting darker than the rest of the hair. The heat had damaged these areas, so they soaked up more dye. Not sure if this applies to your case at all, but thought I'd throw it in there.

Pegasus Marsters
April 6th, 2010, 06:41 AM
There's two kinds of Colour B4. I used the extra strength one and it worked like a dream, all the colour came out consistantly throughout the hair. Wrap your head in a plastic bag then a towel to optimise the effect. The issue is the stuff stinks like rotting eggs, so make sure you scrub yourself really well otherwise. I got some on my shoulders, didn't rinse them when washing my hair and oh god, the smell was so bad. I had to scrub myself to get it off.

Svenja
April 6th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Did you have any drier/more damaged portions? These will soak up the hair dye at a greater rate. Something similar happened to me with a commercial boxed dye, back when I used to use these. After using them for some months, suddenly, the sides where I used the curling iron to straighten (just the waves on each side of face) were getting darker than the rest of the hair. The heat had damaged these areas, so they soaked up more dye. Not sure if this applies to your case at all, but thought I'd throw it in there.
I do not use heat on my hair - never have. I have recently had a trim, and my hair is all in a good condition. I first thought damage would be the reason, but after checking my hair over and over again I cannot see this being the reason. I don't know... :confused:

There's two kinds of Colour B4. I used the extra strength one and it worked like a dream, all the colour came out consistantly throughout the hair. Wrap your head in a plastic bag then a towel to optimise the effect. The issue is the stuff stinks like rotting eggs, so make sure you scrub yourself really well otherwise. I got some on my shoulders, didn't rinse them when washing my hair and oh god, the smell was so bad. I had to scrub myself to get it off.
My sister has used the strong one but nothing happened. her hair was black, mind you. I shall give it a go, and see what happens. Thanks for the advice on the smell!

Verybadhairday
April 6th, 2010, 07:02 AM
I also read that although colour B4 removes the dye you placed on it (only works for dark shades not blonde), it can leave you with ginger hair underneath, even if you haven't ever dyed your hair ginger or anything, so be prepared to dye straight back over it if that happens

Svenja
April 6th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the advice! I think I should have a non-permanent colour ready, just to be on the safe side.