PDA

View Full Version : whats your goal & how long till you reach your goal?

SophieSpector
April 6th, 2010, 05:01 AM
I want healthy, shiny and thick waist length hair.

I'm hoping to have reached mine in a years time ( waist ) especially since i'm now taking msm. I will have definately reached it within two.

freckles
April 6th, 2010, 05:05 AM
My goal is tailbone-length hair. For me, that will be about 36 inches. I'm currently 28. I hope to reach it within two years from now, which means I have to gain 4 inches a year. So I need to get started on perfecting my routine so that I don't have to trim more than two inches a year :p So yeah, my other goal is to stop getting split ends (or get less) and I have no idea how long that will take :p :lol:

Verybadhairday
April 6th, 2010, 05:08 AM
My goal right now is to find a set of products that will tame my hair, and make it all smooth and soft. Then the length comes after that, maybe waist but i'm practically there already, especially if I straighten my hair

SophieSpector
April 6th, 2010, 05:10 AM
oh yes, add that to mine, I would love to have soft hair, my hair has never felt soft to the touch :(

lesbia
April 6th, 2010, 05:23 AM
My goal is tailbone lenght hair. I wish i could reach it in 1-2 years. I don't want to cut my hair until i reach tailbone, then i'll trim to have a blunt shape :)

Arctic
April 6th, 2010, 05:28 AM
I have several goals. My length goal is to reach MBL (or BSL, they are the same on me). I'm now just reached APL, and I assume I will reach my goal length in a year with trimming. If I get a growth spurt like I did last autumn, I might even reach it by the end of the year.

My second goal is to grow back hair I lost to trichotillomania. This is more complex goal. It involves learning to love my hair as it is. Assuming I never pull out hairs again (I can do it!!!) it will still take years for the new hairs I have now, to reach my hemline, and the new hairs to grow back as densely as they were before.

Third, equal goals are to grow out the rest of my henna and the layers I have. This will probably take couple of years depending on the growth and trimming.

Other goals include to enjoy my hair, to like what I see in the mirror, and have fun with it :sun:

Monsterkitti
April 6th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Im shooting for all waist length, no layers, I think maybe another year till its all grown out.

Dreams_in_Pink
April 6th, 2010, 05:32 AM
I believe i'll reach APL this year, BSL the next, waist 2 years later and finally goal length (tailbone) 3 years later.

Oh my i have such a long way to go.

MerryKat
April 6th, 2010, 05:36 AM
My initial goal is waist length virgin hair - I have reached the waist length however I have at least 5 years to go to reach the virgin hair.

There after I am hoping for classic - or I may keep growing and wait it out at classic to get my ultimate goal of classic length virgin hair.

Felix_D
April 6th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Since I'm starting from a pixie, I need to have a goal I can hit within a couple years or I'll give up. So my goal is APL, and when I get there, my reward is henna. :D

I think I'm 2 years away (ugh!)

Arctic
April 6th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Since I'm starting from a pixie, I need to have a goal I can hit within a couple years or I'll give up. So my goal is APL, and when I get there, my reward is henna. :D

I think I'm 2 years away (ugh!)

Oh my, that's one hefty goal! I suggest you to break it up into smaller mini-goals, and celebrating every one of them.

Examples: When your bangs/fringe reaches your eyebrows -> tip of nose -> upper lip -> lower lip -> chin etc. When your side hair covers you ears. When you manage your first pony stub. When you trim slowly your layers away (assuming you trim). And so on... :)

Loreley
April 6th, 2010, 05:46 AM
My goal is lower thigh-length, almost knee (50 inches). I'm at 44" now. I'd be very happy if I reached 48". Hopefully I'll reach my goal length in 1,5 year (with a few microtrims). 15 cms and I'll reach it!
Last month my hair grew 2 cms and I'm starting taking a hair vitamin next week. If I could keep the 2cms/month growth rate I'd be there by the end of this year but I think I'm not that lucky...
After reaching my goal length I'm planning to cut 1 cm per month (all the growth) to thicken the ends. The last 10-15 cms of my hair is pretty thin, so it'll take a year to thicken it up.

dropinthebucket
April 6th, 2010, 06:51 AM
My goal is APL - I'm about four and half inches away - so maybe I'll get there in the next eight months, with about .5 "/month growth rate. (not setting myself up to miss my first ever hair goal - goin' conservative here! :)) . After that, I want to keep it at APL until the layers are cut out. At the same time, I want to transition from henna/buxus back to my own hair colour, using gradually lighter glosses to avoid a sudden demarcation. I think the layers will take about a year - so, next April. The shortest is a good 8 inches higher than the hemline. The colour I'm not so worried about, I know that will be a long-term thing, I'm just looking to keep it pretty blended during the process. Once the layers are gone, I'll start growing again, and hope to reach BSL!! :pray:

myotislucifugus
April 6th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Right now it's classic, which I'm expecting to hit in the next two years (maybe three). I think I'm going to be maintaining at tailbone (next 3-4 months) for a bit to thicken up the hemline, then on to classic. Which is why it might take another year. But definitely in the next 3 years

redneckprincess
April 6th, 2010, 07:22 AM
my short term goal is BSL curly...but I might go as long as waist eventually

Sara_1987
April 6th, 2010, 07:25 AM
My goal is waist length.
I'm past BSL now and I think that in 6 months I will be at waist (hair is growing fast lately).
I need it to grow about 3 more inches, maybe 4.

Nae
April 6th, 2010, 07:41 AM
My goal is about 42-43 inches which should be about tailbone, it was originally waist but this place has gotten to me lol. I am currently at about 18 inches so............about 6 years, then I may cut out six inches or so to make it all virgin. Or I may trim slowly on the way at least to even up the end and get rid of the layers, all done at maybe an 1/8th of an inch at a time.

So this all boils down to one thing. I hope you peoples like me cuz I am gonna be here for a long time!!!!!

LilyLu
April 6th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I'm at BSL, for my longest layers and APL for my shorter, front pieces..I'd like to grow out my layers and hit full BSL..after that, I'll try for waist! I'm hoping to have my layers grown out within 6-8 months...but, i think it will probably take longer than that, so a year or so :)

viking_quest
April 6th, 2010, 07:52 AM
My goal is tailbone, with somewhat blunt ends. I plan on getting there at 3 years because waist will take 1 year, I want to trim a lot when I get to waist, and then grow on to tb.

LunarAurora
April 6th, 2010, 08:08 AM
My goal is classic, which must take about 2 years i think
Of course i want thick ends, so it may take much more if i have to trim regulary...

kelly-j
April 6th, 2010, 08:18 AM
My ultimate goal is classic length hair with blunt ends. I should reach it in January 2014 if my hair keeps its growing rate at 0.4 inches a month.

LadyLongLocks
April 6th, 2010, 08:20 AM
My goal is 60" and I am now at 59". I hope to reach this in June/July 2010.
Then I work on maintaining the ends. I can't wait until I reach the goal as I love to trim it often!
Then the goal is improving the straight hemline:)

Pixna
April 6th, 2010, 08:25 AM
My goal is to get to between BSL and waist by the end of this year, and then between waist and TB by the end of next year. Ultimately, I hope to get to TB, and after that, I might just maintain. Then again, I might aim for classic or terminal....who knows?! :D

grmn-rpnzl
April 6th, 2010, 08:29 AM
my long term goal is to grow and maintain waist to hip length hair (haven't decided which one to do) Im currently at chin length my short term and present goal is to maintain healthy hair as to not trim so often, and to never let myself fall victim to cutting it all off again.

My long term goal will take me about 5 years to reach my desired length.

JenniferNoel
April 6th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I'm just going to keep growing until I don't like it. My mini-goal is waist (I should be there in about four to five months). :)

Ina
April 6th, 2010, 09:24 AM
My goal is tailbone length. I need 5 more inches, so maybe in a year from now.

Merewen
April 6th, 2010, 09:29 AM
My goal is classic, unless I decide it's too long. It'll be a while before I reach it. Since I like maintaining my hemline and I have some shrinkage going on, it's hard to tell. Right now, I'm just happy every time I realize my hair is longer than it used to be.

Purdy Bear
April 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM
My ultimate goal is tailbone, it would be 38 inches (measuring from the front of the head where a fringe/bang would start), so saying it grew 4 inches a year it would take me 9 years and 6 months. My hair is pretty much zero, so I need my wonderful locks to grow major league.

I cant wait till I start my trails!

YesitsReal
April 6th, 2010, 10:19 AM
My goal right now is hip-length. I'm thisclose to BSL--maybe in another couple of months. After that, it'll probably take me around two years to hit hip. I'm debating whether or not to cut layers back in when I get there. I like the way updos look so neat when you have hair that's all one length, but I love the way layers look on really long hair when it's down. We'll see.

Ravenne
April 6th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Right now it's hip length virgin hair. :) I'm flirting with the idea of tailbone though. I'll see once I hit hip. I'll probably maintain at waist for a while to cut out the dye damage.

I have no idea how long it'll take though. I try not to think about time limits. I'll hit my goal when I hit it and I'll just enjoy the ride along the way.

joiekimochi
April 6th, 2010, 10:26 AM
My goal is tail-bone length with blunt ends, all virgin hair (or at least, all returned to its original black). Don't know how long it'll take...giving myself till 2015!

sibiryachka
April 6th, 2010, 12:14 PM
My original goal was just to get to waist. For me that will be 33"; I'm just over 28" now. By keeping my no-trims-in-2010 vow, I should get there by year's end.
Once I started thinking about it, though, I realized that what I really want is a thick waist-length braid. If I can achieve that at hip length, great, but I think tailbone is more realistic. That will be 38", so maybe by the end of 2011? After that I just want to let all the layers catch up with the hemline, and watch my braid get fatter!

janeytilllie
April 6th, 2010, 12:24 PM
My ulitmate length goal is healthy knee length hair :inlove:

I think it may take 4-6 years to reach my goal :)

Hiriel
April 6th, 2010, 12:29 PM
My current goal is tailbone, which should take about a year. What happens then, we can only guess ;)

Gumball
April 6th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I don't really have a goal. I'm just along for the ride. We'll see where the road takes me!

PadmeAmidala
April 6th, 2010, 12:57 PM
My next goal is classical length, which I will have reached by the end of this year, maybe a bit earlier. Only 7 more cm to go!

Then I'll go on to mid-thigh, which I will have reached by the end of 2011.
If it doesnt get too impractical, I'll move on to the knee (perhaps by the end of 2012?).

Sunny_side_up
April 6th, 2010, 01:12 PM
To get my hair to BSL then micro trims so the shorter layers catch up, then see where i go from there;)

finecelt
April 6th, 2010, 02:09 PM
My goal is to get to BSL with nice shiny soft hair. My hair is currently just below chin with layers but is quite dry with blond highlights so eventually I want to trim these off.

MissCoco
April 6th, 2010, 02:11 PM

catysue
April 6th, 2010, 02:17 PM
My hair is currently about an inch past waist, and my goal is tailbone/hip. Honestly, I have no concept of how fast my hair grows haha. It'll get there when it gets there.

jera
April 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM
My long term goal is floor length hair but my shorter term goal is knee length. I think I'll get there in 3 to 4 years. Maybe less with all the supplements I take. :D Patience is key.

bytheocean
April 6th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I'm just past hip right now and plan to go to tb (end of the year?) and then maintain to thicken the ends. I love how long my braid currently, but the bottom is rather thin and whip like. I want it to be thick.

Kristin
April 6th, 2010, 04:46 PM
My original goal was waist, which is about 30" on me. I should (fingers crossed) be there no later than mid-summer as I am back on MN. I plan to maintain there while I grow out my layers and trim to a U-hemline. The I may go longer...32 or 33 inches sounds good to me. Ultimately, that would probably take another year or maybe 2 depending on my trims.

Juliannaissance
April 6th, 2010, 05:10 PM
My goal for right now is Hip-length, then tailbone, and then classic length. To reach hip I think will take about 1 year. I can't wait! It seems like it's taking forever!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

freckles
April 6th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I'll hit my goal when I hit it and I'll just enjoy the ride along the way.
Very wise. I'm trying to have this attitude, but I must admit, I'm struggling! I have never been known for my patience :p

Alcenaia
April 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM
My goal is either floor or terminal. According to the hair growth spreadsheet from this forum, it'll be twenty years before I get to floor. I hope my hair will grow faster with what I have learned here, but as Ravenne wisely said, I'm enjoying the ride. :)

Rhiannon7
April 6th, 2010, 07:29 PM
My first Goal is Classic Length, I am about 27 Inches now, Classic will be about 40 Inches. so i'm guessing hair will be Classic sometime around Sept. 2012. with tiny 1 inch trims every 6 months as necessary. Final Goal is Mid-Thigh (if it does not hit terminal before.) Mid-Thigh on me is about 46 Inches. I am guessing that I will hit Mid-Thigh sometime around Dec. 2015, but that is guessing. thinking of maintaining at classic a year or more to allow any natural layers and breakage to grow.

I'm concentrating on 1 goal at a time, first hit Classic and decide from there if stay at that length, maintain for a couple of years or keep growing until Terminal.

asiajewel
April 6th, 2010, 07:42 PM
i have curly hair, so when wet, i'm hopin by the end of this year that it'll be bsl.
my hair grows about an inch a month, so im pretty sure that i'll make my goal.

BonnyJ
April 6th, 2010, 07:54 PM
My goal is to now take very good care of the length I have and continue to learn updos and braids. Thank God I found LHC to learn proper hair care. I also will enjoy the ride as far as it will take me.

long.again
April 7th, 2010, 01:31 AM
My goal was to grow my hair to an even length (no layers) which I accomplished late last year. Now it's all about length. I'd love to figure a way to increase the growth rate but, if it continues at it's 4" per year, I'll hit BSL in two years (gag). It should take about 5-6 years to hit waist with all natural coloring.

DaniiL
April 7th, 2010, 02:12 AM
My goal is BSL with all the layers grown out. Which will take a while since some of the layers are really short... :(
Don't really know how long time it will take, maybe two years or more??

I hate those layers and SO regret getting them! :mad:

Then when my hair is all at one lenght I might go for longer hair.

hydrangea
April 7th, 2010, 02:35 AM
My first goal is healthy, bra strap length hair. I have about 6 inches of bleached unhealthy brittle hair that needs to come off so really I think it will take about 2 years for me to cut all that off and have healthy hair down to bra strap length. However, my ultimate goal is waist length hair! I get overwhelmed sometimes thinking about growing to waist length which will take forever (probably 4 years) so I concentrate on my first goal.

habioku
April 7th, 2010, 03:19 AM
My goal is tailbone lenght and I hope I reach this lenght in the end of 2011. There are 8 inches to g(r)o(w) :lol:

Sweetbaby
April 7th, 2010, 04:38 AM
My goal is in steps like some of you. First grow out lotsa crazy layers ;-) , then on to BSL and then waist length. I'm not even sure that's possible, my Mother's hair has not been cut in 20 years and it's really thin and never got to waist, so I may be dreaming. However IF I get it to even between BSL and waist I'll be fine with that as long as it healthy looking.

I don't measure b/c that would just frustrate me, but the longest layer right now is probably a year and half or two years from BSL . Just guessin..

I think maybe my goal should be growing out layers with microtrims at 4 or 5 months intervals to deal with the scraggly /split ends I know will occur with layers.

Good luck to all you ladies, you have inspired me to aim for healthy long natural hair. Well ok I admit I will probably color as little as possible b/c I'll be mostly gray if I don't and I'm not ready mentally for that.

Cheers!!!

Indigo Girl
April 7th, 2010, 05:18 AM
My goal is classic, and I'm almost there. I'm going to get a trim soon, so I expect to reach my goal sometime either later summer or early fall. :D

Bethie
April 7th, 2010, 05:38 AM
My ultimate goal is one length BSL which for me would be about 25 to 30 inches. Which will take me about 3 years. However 3 years is a very long time so I have mini goals along the way.

The first is shoulders which if all goes good, I should reach by the end of this year. Then APL in 2 years. Once I get to APL I will start doing more micro trims to begin the evening out of my layers, but for now just a 1/2 inch trim every 4 mths should keep the split ends under control.

disneynut1977
April 7th, 2010, 07:49 AM
My goal is hips. I'm just past BSL and I'm short 5'3".......so I think maybe 2-2 /12 yrs for me to reach my goal. I'm gonna try to not trim until than. I haven't had a trim in over a year and my ends are in great shape so far:)

Melissa1977

SummerWarmth
April 7th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I believe i'll reach APL this year, BSL the next, waist 2 years later and finally goal length (tailbone) 3 years later.

Oh my i have such a long way to go.

Dreams_in_pink - I really like your hair growth progress signature!

ChrissieM
April 7th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I'd love to have tailbone-length hair, but I'd settle for waist if that doesn't happen.

KittyLilStar
April 7th, 2010, 04:35 PM
My ultimate goal is hip lenght hair, but that will take me very loooong time.
Now i'm barely at shoulder length, my goals are: Arm pit length which will take me around more than 1 year considering how slow my hair grows but i hope those hair skin and nails vitamins help me, and bra strap length which will take me 2 years or more.
I have a long way to go and and my patience is short.

chopandchange
April 7th, 2010, 04:38 PM
My first goal is tailbone, and I estimate my hair should be that long in about a year.

itsMEowKat
April 7th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Originally my goal was Classic, but now that I'm nearly at tailbone I'm starting to consider knee length (assuming my hair doesn't reach terminal before then).

christinemariep
April 7th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Well, I would eventually hope for mid-bum length hair, but at the rate my hair grows and figuring loss for trims that would take about 7 years by my estimation! So, I've got a long road ahead...lol. Didn't think about how long it would take time-wise before now. Thinking of it in terms of years is kind of a bummer...lol.

long.again
April 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Well, I would eventually hope for mid-bum length hair, but at the rate my hair grows and figuring loss for trims that would take about 7 years by my estimation! So, I've got a long road ahead...lol. Didn't think about how long it would take time-wise before now. Thinking of it in terms of years is kind of a bummer...lol.

I totally agree!

Vermelha
April 8th, 2010, 08:26 PM
My hair is about 23" (3" away from BSL after a recent cut). My goal is 36", so I've got about 2 years and a month of growth left until my goal. I'll give it 2 and a half years to be sure.

going gray
April 8th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Just BSL all one length blunt...enough hair to wear those gorgeous updos. Should take one more year which would include dustings.

IndigoAsh
April 8th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I am about 36 inches right now and my short term goal is 42 inches. My approximate long term goal is a little past 54 inches and I have at least 2 years to meet that. Hoping to meet my short term goal the end of this year. Lets hope it's a fast year.

aksown
April 8th, 2010, 11:42 PM
My final goal is classic length. I am currently at 28"(waist), classic is 46" sooooo... 1/2" a month, 18" needed=3 years till I get to my goal!! Criminey, I didn't realize it would take so long! :disgust:

Aero
April 8th, 2010, 11:48 PM
My goal is waist, and its going to take about 2 years.

IcarusBride
April 9th, 2010, 12:12 AM
My goal is Classic/Mid-thigh. I feel that I REALLY WANT/ "need" to have classic length someday. If I never make it to Mid-thigh, I'd be okay with that although I think it's even more beautiful than classic. I have just-past BSL now (25.5in, I'm only 4ft9in tall). I think I'll be at waist around 30inches, and I'm hoping to get there by Fall 2010. The rest I'm expecting to take quite a bit longer, especially allowing for trims to keep the hem thick(ish). I hope to reach my goal of Classic by Spring 2013, when I'll be graduating from University.

julliams
April 9th, 2010, 01:52 AM
My goal is waist. By my calculations and given that I may have another trim in October, it will be January/February 2011.

longhairdream
April 9th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Lets say APL at first - would love to reach midback length if it works out ! :)

mtstorm
April 9th, 2010, 12:30 PM
My goal is tailbone length which I should reach in 10 months. *crosses fingers*

Topaz
April 9th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I've just reached waist, so now I'm growing onwards toward my goal of tailbone. I'm hoping to reach it by the end of this year :)

Blandine
April 9th, 2010, 12:51 PM
My goal is waist length and I hope to reach it by the end of this year.

AbruptlyWanderi
April 9th, 2010, 03:57 PM
My goal is terminal, but I am just enjoying the ride, and being excited by all the mini goals! My next mini-goal is waist, and I should reach it before my birthday!