PDA

View Full Version : resisiting the urge to straighten my hair

SophieSpector
April 6th, 2010, 12:20 AM
because I want to see how many inches below BSL I am straight.

Argggggg.

ninelifewriter5
April 6th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Then do it!

Just use heat protection spray and if you're not doing all of the time your hair shouldn't suffer a lot of damage from it. A lot of people straighten their hair sometimes, I've noticed.

freckles
April 6th, 2010, 02:30 AM
could you get someone to pull your hair taut while they measure? a significant other or sibling or parent or friend? I'm a straighty so I don't know for sure, but it seems like that should allow you to measure your 'straight' length without the damage :)

Aditi
April 6th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I do flat ironing to my hair at very important occassions only so it does not cause much damage.
Go ahead but remember to pamper your hair afterwards :)

Lohari
April 6th, 2010, 02:35 AM
I don't know how curly or straight your hair is, but you could try wetting your hair straight and then measure? Don't know if this works for really curly hair though.

Verybadhairday
April 6th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Once can't hurt too bad :D Go for it

SophieSpector
April 6th, 2010, 05:18 AM
I did it just now ( well half an hour ago ) and it was so satisfying though I have to say when my hair is straight it looses so much volume which makes my head look MASSIVE in comparison. It was much longer than I thought it would be and fell really well. Anyway put coconut oil in my hair and have put it in a bun to make up for it. Sorry hair.

freckles
April 6th, 2010, 05:36 AM
I did it just now ( well half an hour ago ) and it was so satisfying though I have to say when my hair is straight it looses so much volume which makes my head look MASSIVE in comparison. It was much longer than I thought it would be and fell really well. Anyway put coconut oil in my hair and have put it in a bun to make up for it. Sorry hair.
I'm glad you enjoyed the variety and I'm sure your hair will forgive you. :D

redneckprincess
April 6th, 2010, 07:28 AM
i did that too the other day...and at my last shower...(i switched back to cone-free) i towell dried my hair and squeezed alot of the water out of it and combed straight while drying...it still has more wave then flat ironing but its straight enough to curb my straightning urges.....for now

Dreams_in_Pink
April 6th, 2010, 08:56 AM
when i'm in need to straighten my hair, i use my old clip-in extensions as victims :D once i straighten all the pieces, my desire to do the same to my hair calms down, after all the hair smoke i inhaled LOL