PDA

View Full Version : 'poo bars, ACV rinse, and catnip haircare routine advice

deviantkitten
April 5th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Hello again! I posted this question in the "catnip for split ends" forum, but only got a cpl answers, so I thought I would post this here in hopes more people will take a glance.
I just got my 'poo bar in, as well as my catnip (organic leaves and blossoms- on the same day no less LOL). I have never used 'poo bars, ACV rinses, or catnip on my hair. I know how to do each one separately, what I don't know is how to put them all together. Talking to the seller of my 'poo bar, she does use an ACV rinse afterwards and recommends it. I also want to use a catnip rinse to condition with. I have heard that the ACF smooths down the shaft- so will the catnip rinse not be effective if I use it after the ACV rinse?
I have no idea if I have hard water. I don't think I do. Maybe the ACV is not needed at all? Here is what I plan on doing for my first wash day with my new goodies-
wash with 'poo bar
do rinse with catnip followed with a bagged soak on my length

Maybe I do not need the ACV after the poo bar if I do a catnip rinse? Or if I am using a poo bar, do I absolutely need the ACV rinse? But if I do an ACV rinse, will my catnip be effective? LOL allot I know.

Does anyone use all 3 of these products/methods?
If so, how do you do it?

deviantkitten
April 5th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Bumples for me LOL

DragonLady
April 5th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I use the 'poo bar, then the vinegar rinse, then put in the catnip. The catnip is acidic, but not enough. And the 'poo bar leaves my hair a mess if I skip the vinegar or wait 'till after the catnip.

little_cherry
April 5th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Hi :)
Whenever I use a poo bar and ACV afterwards, I get out of the shower and pour the catnip tea over my hair and just leave it in.

deviantkitten
April 5th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks!
Do you rinse out the ACV, or just leave it in?

little_cherry
April 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I rinse out the ACV before I pour the catnip in...I don't rinse the catnip out, but it can be rinsed out after an hour. :)

deviantkitten
April 5th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks, Little Cherry!
How long do you leave the ACV in?

little_cherry
April 5th, 2010, 03:32 PM
You're very welcome!

I don't leave the ACV rinse in very long..usually a couple of minutes. Sorry, I should have clarified that in my original post... :o

Glad to help though! :)