PDA

View Full Version : water-only day 4

tmmycat
May 5th, 2008, 06:13 AM
It's day of a water-only experiment for me (well...water + vinegar to be exact) and it's actually going better than I expected. I thought I would surely be a greaseball by the end of the weekend and reach for my conditioner to wash it out, but my hair actually looks quite presentable today - soft, not greasy-looking, not as shiny as it was when I was doing CO, but visibly shinier today than it was yesterday. So I'm going to work with it. I have a picture but not sure how to upload it here!

BlndeInDisguise
May 5th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Good for you! I'd never make it past day three at the most. :bigeyes:

For putting pictures on here, I believe it's best to upload them on a photo hosting site (Like www.photobucket.com or one similar). Then copy the image location, on your photo hosting site, and then click the little "insert image" button here, copy (Ctrl + v) your picture to there and hopefully your picture will be on here. ;)

aglaiah
May 5th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Did this once too, but I couldnt hold on more than two weeks , i had a very itchy scalp. So until now Im sticking with shampoo's and conditioner.

wintersun99
May 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM

tmmycat
May 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Actually I do have a blog :) I just started it a few days ago so there's not much there yet but it does have pics...

http://janedoe-hairblog.blogspot.com/

I am not sure how to get to the WO thread. Is it still active? I would love to get some advice from other people who are doing WO. It would help a lot if I run into a wall.

wintersun99
May 5th, 2008, 07:16 PM

ruthietoothie
May 5th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Isn't there a new WO thread?

I was WO for a while, then tried No Water/Sebum Only, and am now back to WO (as of today!) I'm nervous to see how my hair reacts to it this time around.

Congrats to you on being on day 4! It's quite an accomplishment, really!

tmmycat
May 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I would like to join on a new WO thread if there is one ... who knows what my hair is going to do next on this experiment and it would be great to get some advice!! I think the search feature doesn't work for me because I searched for "WO" and got no results!

florenonite
May 7th, 2008, 04:10 AM
I would like to join on a new WO thread if there is one ... who knows what my hair is going to do next on this experiment and it would be great to get some advice!! I think the search feature doesn't work for me because I searched for "WO" and got no results!

it doesn't work for words of three characters or less, I'm not sure why.

tmmycat
May 7th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I completely caved this morning and washed my hair with conditioner. It was feeling soft and not overly greasy .... but SO DULL!!! It looked about as matte as black sewing thread ... usually it's shiny brown or the past few days it was darker but still had a subtle sheen to it.

I do intent to go back to WO after today. Does anyone know what causes the dullness?? Could it have been some sort of buildup from my CO routine? or (hopefully not) buildup from my WO routine? When I switched to CO I needed one more shampoo to get rid of silicone buildup and my hair looked pretty much the same at that point.

ruthietoothie
May 7th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Well, I am not sure if this is the "official" WO thread, but it seems to have turned into one!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4412

Does anyone know of another WO thread?