PDA

View Full Version : Tell us about your Ulta / Sephora / Sally's beauty store addiction

my2cats1
April 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I've hit a new level of hair obesssion, apparently. :oops:

I am thinking -- just thinking -- of moving to a new city and state next winter, and even in this very early phase of consideration I have ALREADY gone online to make sure my prospective new town has an Ulta and a Sally's!

Anybody else can't live without their favorite beauty supply stores? Is this a sign that I need to seek help, or just eat a big slice of cheese and take comfort in my obsesssion? :cheese::cheese::cheese:

Cirafly24
April 4th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I love Ulta and Sephora, but I usually shop online, so I don't mind if there isn't one near me.

Last week, I was home visiting in NY, and there is a Sephora in the mall near my parents' house. I dragged my sister there and plunked down $60 on two items lol. I knew there was a reason I shouldn't go there!

RavennaNight
April 4th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Oh gosh Ulta is in the same shopping center as my work. I have to walk by with blinders on to go on break. I love Ulta. I can get lost in there for hours I have banned myself from Sephora. That is an expensive habit. They carry lots of very expensive and very intriguing hair products and I just can't justify it.:scared:

Twil
April 4th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I too, don't allow myself near Sephora. I liked Sally's, but they are like 'CAN I HELP YOU?' every 5 minutes. Maybe I look like a shoplifter? But Ulta is a half hour drive and I make a journey there every other week or so. I love it, especially for my new nail polish obsession. Well not new, but it's my obsession for spring.

Carolyn
April 4th, 2010, 07:40 PM
It's probably a good thing that the closest Sally's is an hour away and ULTA and Sephora are both almost 3 hours away. I spend way too much every time I go. I tell myself if I went every week I wouldn't buy as much :D My dream is to someday live close to all these goodies. And a LUSH store and a Nordstroms.

masnmab
April 4th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Oh, I love all 3, but thankfully the only one close by is Sallys. Sephora is about 30 mins away, Ulta 1 hour. When I lived in TX, I had all 3 within 15 minutes of my apt. Many a bored evening was spent browsing and spending too.much.money.

SpeakingEZ
April 4th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Oooh, I love sephora. I love them for their make-up, though. I have never elsewhere found such vibrant eyeshadows (and I'm all about the eye make-up). I've never looked at their hair stuff. . . .

However, I always spend way too much money at Sally's whenever I go, and I don't even like that store too much. . . .

NuclearMosquito
April 4th, 2010, 09:38 PM
There's a new-ish Ulta near where my boyfriend lives, but I've never gone in there. Now I'm thinking I should!

I love Sally's. I get a conditioning pack every time I'm in, plus I get tools there like bottles for diluting shampoo, haircolor brushes for henna/manic panic, etc. I used to have their discount card but I let it lapse (which, of course, they remind me of every time I go).

my2cats1
April 4th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I liked Sally's, but they are like 'CAN I HELP YOU?' every 5 minutes.

You know, I've always thought the same thing! :) Maybe the people who work there are bored. Or maybe they have lots of beauty advice to give, and nobody to give it to. I often feel like I let them down when I say "nope, just looking!"

My dream is to someday live close to all these goodies. And a LUSH store and a Nordstroms.

Ohhh, I had not even thought about Lush and Nordstroms! Add those to the list of places that are fun, but dangerous to the budget. :p

So many good stores with lots of hair goodies. Does anybody know of more affordable alternatives, besides Sally's? :eyebrows:

Loreley
April 5th, 2010, 12:38 AM
We have other stores here and I'm addicted to one of them called dm. I go almost every week and I always buy hair care products. Conditioner mostly. :)

countryhopper
April 5th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Well, I don't have those particular stores near me, but I have discovered several shops with beautiful hairsticks and forks!! So I kind of have to control myself from buying too many...

I also just found a cute shop the other day that have all kinds of natural stones and beads, and they will custom make jewlery... so guess what?! I have 2 sticks being made!

Must.stay.away.from.hairtoy.shops!!