PDA

View Full Version : Little frizzies all over length of hair???

Sarah4983
April 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Stitches05/hair.jpg

I *first* noticed these when I did a SMT for the first time... I thought it could be from the honey.

I've started doing a SMT at least once a week (sometimes twice a week) and maybe this is actually the cause??

They have been getting worse to the point where people are actually commenting on them. When I got my hair trimmed several months ago my stylist said it was probably split ends and damage from putting my hair up in a bun... which it is not.

I'm assuming they are new growth after my huge shed last fall and my 2nd huge shed this past fall because the ends of the frizzies look healthy and not split...

I guess my question is, how can I "tame" them so they aren't so noticeable? I've used coconut oil which didn't really work and a frizz serum which also didn't work.

And what could cause them to be getting so much worse?? I'm sticking with the new growth theory but who knows.

Vrushali
April 4th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Kimberllily's de-frizz spray

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277&highlight=defrizz+spray

and no touching while hair dries :)

spidermom
April 4th, 2010, 11:35 AM
It looks like new growth to me. The only thing that tames mine is styling pomade, wax, or putty. I especially like Natures Gate Styling Putty because it's easy to comb through; others that I tried were too gluey.

little_cherry
April 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Do you use honey for your SMTs? Honey draws in moisture which causes hair to do just that- go frizzy. Lots of people have problems with the honey in SMTs Try SMT with glycerin or maple syrup! :)

Sarah4983
April 4th, 2010, 12:46 PM
double post oops

Sarah4983
April 4th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Thank you!!!

And you can use maple syrup in your hair?! Does it matter what kind??

I really do think the honey makes it worse... Like I said, I didn't see this frizziness until after my first SMT.

I shall also look into pomade/wax and the de-frizz spray.

Thank you again :)