PDA

View Full Version : If I look at my hair in the mirror again.....

julliams
April 4th, 2010, 04:09 AM
... it will not have gotten any longer, changed shape, style or colour. So why do I keep checking????? I was convinced I was no longer obsessed by my hair but it seems to have snuck up on me ever since I had a trim.

Need...to...stop... thinking...about...possible...growth!!!!!

It's the watched pot syndrome. I'm on holidays for the next two weeks and worried that I'm not busy enough = more obsessing.

Gotta get back to the sewing machine. :o

elina333
April 4th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Hehe... :D You're not alone! ;) Keep busy on your vacation, and if you're going somewhere warm chances are that you'll get a little growth spurt :cheer:

Happy growing! :pegasus:

countryhopper
April 4th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Well, I tend to check a couple times a day when I'm at home!!

You never know....!

Dreams_in_Pink
April 4th, 2010, 07:21 AM
I know what you mean :( I also have lots of time in my hans and am measuring my hair every day for no reason at all :/

Speckla
April 4th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Checking several times a day results in no extra growth. My hair seems to grow faster if I only check/measure once a month. ;)

redneckprincess
April 4th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I have to say that now that I have more length (im at APL now) I am less obsessed, but I still love looking at my hair in the mirror...I just never imagined Id have such nice hair ☺

Dani
April 4th, 2010, 08:01 AM
You can do it! Mist it, put it up and fuhgeddaboutit :D Sew up some awesome and fun things. :D I shall join you. We are in the same boat, different lengths. :p What kind of things do you like to sew? I love making quilts, getting crazy with old clothes and changing them, making my dd clothes and dresses out of my old things, soft toys and snuggle buddies, and blankets of any sort... flannel with silk edges are my favorite, methinks. :D I could go on and on (because of this cup of coffee next to me), but I'll stop now out of respect for anyone reading this thread. :p What were we talking about?

CrisDee
April 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Yup, I'm there as well. Like obsessive amounts of checking the mirror will suddenly :magic: my hair into a length I can put up. Or tuck behind my ears. Or do ANYTHING with! :justy:

It's kinda nice to see that ladies with a good bit more length than I am still suffer from this malady :)

Juliannaissance
April 4th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I need to stop doing that too. But it's so hard when the hair is in easy reach..hehe :)

spidermom
April 4th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I checked my hair for growth so many times per day that I drove myself crazy. I finally had to force myself to hurryupquick put my hair up without even looking at it and only check the length once per month. Then I could see progress and felt much happier.

julliams
April 5th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Thanks guys - good to see I'm not alone.

I sew for myself mainly - yes I'm selfish. I love clothes and when I'm sewing I am most happy. I've got some reviews on Pattern Review http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?search=1&ProfileID=99383

Today we went for a 3 hour drive to see an exhibition at the National Gallery. I'm sure I thought about my hair all the way home. I worked out how long it will be in 2 months, 4 months, when I'm going skiing, how long it will be when I go to my high school reunion, how I can do bandanna curls, how to rope braid my hair in pigtails at the side.........if that's not obsession I don't know what it.