PDA

View Full Version : My Hair Timeline (Pictures and Very Long)

KittyLost
April 4th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Hi everyone! I would like to share my hair history with you to show you where I am today and where I hope to be in the future! My hair was kept short by my mother when I was a child so that she did not have to fuss over it. After an awful bob cut at age 11 I left my hair alone to grow. The longest my hair had been was just reaching BSL by the longest layer, I regularly blowdried and straightened my hair which always lead to big cuts where I would let my hair dry naturally until it was back to BSL. It never curled the same way twice which made some days good and others bad. 

I began to experiment with unnatural colours in 2007. I had red and purple streaks, then went all-over red before dying it back to brown with box dyes. I quickly discovered bleach and veggie dyes and how to make vibrant shades! I also decided to try and grow my hair longer. I got bored with just leaving my hair alone so I dyed it. A lot. It was different shades of reds and browns with unnatural colours incoporated such as pink, purple, blue and green.

My hair never really grew due to the dye and constant blowdrying/straightening and the last few inches were awfully damaged. I chopped it to Shoulder and stayed several different shades of red enjoying the shorter length despite originally wanting Tailbone length hair. The only problem I had with it was that my natural curl didn't look great but I loved mini pigtails and plaits and straightened it every so often to wear it down.
I then decided to experiment with just how short I could go, settling on an A-line Bob and dying it pink and getting rainbow bangs! I quickly got bored though of not being able to do much style-wise although I still love dying my hair unnatural colours. 

I began my journey for long hair shortly afterwards. I have always admired long hair and the different things it is capable of. The lovely buns and styles that are posted on this website are an inspiration which I'd love to learn to do. I'm looking forward to learning how to care for my hair properly to grow long healthy hair and love my natural colour and texture. I'll also be picking up tips to minimise damage whilst I still enjoy my unnatural coloured slices that have become a large part of my personality :)

manderly
April 4th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Oh the rainbow bangs are adorable! :D

Welcome and have fun growing!

KittyLost
April 4th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Thank you! Haha I will miss them when the grow out.

chopandchange
April 4th, 2010, 04:19 AM
You might want to blank out the faces of all the other people who appear in your photographs. Otherwise, your photos might be deleted by the mods.

Other than that, welcome!

KittyLost
April 4th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I asked for their permission to put them up. And they all agreed. So I didn't blank them out. I apologise.

chopandchange
April 4th, 2010, 06:18 AM
No need to apologise to me; I'm not a mod! I was just giving you a friendly warning because otherwise your post might disappear or the pics may be removed from it. The mods have no way of knowing whether the people in the pics gave their permission or not. They've only got your word for it, and I think it's against forum policy.

However, I may be wrong, because the pics are still there so far! :cheese:

chopandchange
April 4th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Double Post

dropinthebucket
April 4th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Love the rainbow! love it, love it!

You look stellar in the cool shades of green, blue, and purple you're wearing in some of your pictures - I suspect you are naturally cool-toned, and it looks as though your natural hair colour is ash-toned, as well. I went blonde and red, too, and although i loved the colour in and of itself, it never looked quite right with my ash-toned complexion, eyes, and lip pigment. I'm *finally* going back to the ash tones nature intended for me, though it's been a long journey, especially with the henna experiment! Good luck with yours - make a wish on that rainbow!!

Hana
April 4th, 2010, 06:39 AM
that rainbow fringe looks like a lotta fun! :D
and your hair looks rather thick and healthy in that photo to me, so good luck on your growing journey!

RavennaNight
April 4th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I love the rainbow bangs! Happy growing!

Bethie
April 4th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I love the rainbow bangs, L-O-V-E it!!

Happy growing

missmandy
April 4th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Rainbow = life. I seriously love it. Back when I was into dyeing my hair odd colors (it was pink at one point. :D ) I always REALLY wanted rainbow!!! You did it really well!!!

spidermom
April 4th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I love the rainbow bangs, too!

Peter
April 4th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Those rainbow bangs RULE!

Capybara
April 4th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Wow, very cool hair history!
Makes me feel a little boring :o I've always been too scared to dye all of my hair, but you really pull it off. Cute bangs!

pennyroyal
April 4th, 2010, 12:12 PM
like evryone else said~the rainbow bangs kicked butt!!!

argyle
April 4th, 2010, 12:33 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE the rainbow!!

KittyLost
April 4th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Thank you everyone! You're all so kind :)

And chopandchange if you could tell me how to edit my post I will happily colour in the faces of my friends! I didn't realise I may be breaking forum rules, thanks for the friendly warning.

chopandchange
April 4th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Don't worry; nobody seems to be bothered about it except me, and the mods haven't done anything so far. I'm just an old worrywart. :o

I don't think you can edit your posts until you have more than 25 posts.

long.again
April 9th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Sounds a lot like be but I abused the length and color. :p

I love the rainbow bangs! Happy growing. There are many here who have similar goals who you can buddy with. :)

GoddesJourney
April 9th, 2010, 09:10 PM
You look a lot like Zooey Deschanel in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in your 2008 layered picture. I agree, the rainbow bangs rock.