PDA

View Full Version : Rapunzel's Resource--updos and what all

CaraLynn
April 3rd, 2010, 07:05 PM
Have any of y'all ever been on www.rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com (http://www.rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com)?

Wow! She has some updos I cannot wait to try, as well as great hair care tips! :)

ninelifewriter5
April 3rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
That website looks really good! I especially like the 'Emma' style she explained. I've been wanting to do that for a long time. Thanks for sharing the link!

missjessiecakes
April 3rd, 2010, 07:16 PM
That is a neat website :) I also like the emma styles.

CaraLynn
April 3rd, 2010, 07:16 PM
I like the Emma hairstyles also...and I'm totally going to try the bandanna waves tonight. :)

K_Angel
April 4th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Very cool website! Thank you for posting about it!!!!! :)

Igor
April 4th, 2010, 02:56 AM
I scrolled down a few times and almost closed the website thinking it was a wrong link and it had to do with religion and not hair at all :lol:

K_Angel
April 4th, 2010, 02:58 AM
I scrolled down a few times and almost closed the website thinking it was a wrong link and it had to do with religion and not hair at all :lol:
Tomorrow is Easter, here in the USA, so that's probably why it was up there today. :)

Igor
April 4th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Tomorrow is Easter, here in the USA, so that's probably why it was up there today. :)

I figured that. Just thought it was funny :p

“Scroll, scroll, oh she must have pasted a wrong link? Scroll, scroll… Oh, hair!”

I love the variation and how she finds variation from movies :D

(Hey Hypnotica she links to your video as well!)

K_Angel
April 4th, 2010, 03:09 AM

Me too! I wish I had more talent in that area!!!!! :)

julliams
April 4th, 2010, 03:16 AM
I love that her hair is very like mine in texture so I can see what it will look like when it is super long. 45" is amazing. I'm 24" so I'm over halfway there - lol.

Fiferstone
April 4th, 2010, 06:50 AM
She's got a much thicker texture than mine, but I'm VERY intrigued by her 18th century 'do. I'm a reenactor and I have to try that one :).

The biblical quotes do not bug me at all, she's very devout obviously, but she's not telling the reader to accept Jesus as their personal savior every other line, she's just putting passages out there that she wants her readers to be aware of, it's the sort of gentle witnessing that doesn't bother me at all. :), however I can see why a visitor to her site might be a bit confused at first.

All in all, wonderful hairstyles and interesting information. I'm going to keep checking in. :)

CaraLynn
April 5th, 2010, 10:55 AM
So, the bandanna waves worked amazingly well! Definitely a keeper.

sibylla
April 5th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Too religious site for me.I can´t look past all the religious quotations. But hey that´s just me. I come from a non religious family and live in a non religious town in Sweden. I´m not at all used to seeing sites like the above. Thank you for sharing anyway:).She has very lovely hair.

PadmeAmidala
April 5th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Wow, she's got some very beautiful styles on that site!

I have to try some of those!

melusine
April 5th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Awesomeness! some of her styles are really lovely. I'm definitely going to bookmark and try to learn some. I'm just beginning to experiment with updoes and braiding so this is really useful *adds to my longhair stockpile*

BattahZ
April 5th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Some of those updos are really gorgeous! I love that she's pulled ideas from movies. I was watching North & South not too long ago and wanted to try and figure out some of the updos from the series. Very pretty.

shadowclaw
April 5th, 2010, 12:42 PM
What an informative site! I was also a bit confused when I saw the Christian quotations mixed in with her hair instructions, but hey, she can do whatever floats her boat. It's her site, and I don't really mind anyway. It's not like she's typing up quotes about sacrificing your pet goldfish or anything.

I really like the colonial hairstyle she has with the pictures of her hair with flowers. I read through the instructions, and it doesn't seem too difficult. I love period styles!

The bandana waves are cool, but we've already known how to do those for a long time! There is an article in our hair styling section with almost those exact instructions, except using strips of fabric instead of bandanas.

lindenblossom
April 5th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Pretty hair, but I also was confused and initially a little turned off by the Christian tone. Getting past that, though, it's got some nice advice...and it is her site. :)

K_Angel
April 5th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Some of those updos are really gorgeous! I love that she's pulled ideas from movies. I was watching North & South not too long ago and wanted to try and figure out some of the updos from the series. Very pretty.
I think she takes suggestions, so if you could get pictures of the "North and South" hair do, she might be able to replicate it???? Just a thought. :)

Longlocks3
April 5th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I did the Luana braids with Civil War variation, where you bun the two braids separately at the back of the head, today! It actually was really comfy.

Rhiannon7
April 5th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Wonderful website! love all the tutorials and how to's. thanks for sharing.

BattahZ
April 5th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I think she takes suggestions, so if you could get pictures of the "North and South" hair do, she might be able to replicate it???? Just a thought. :)

I think I might do that, thanks for the suggestion!

Chrissy
April 6th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I love the site and the fact she is a Christian is a plus for me. Thanks for sharing!!

CaraLynn
April 6th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I hope I can get my hair as long as hers. I love some of her crown updos.

Hypnotica
April 6th, 2010, 11:08 AM

“Scroll, scroll, oh she must have pasted a wrong link? Scroll, scroll… Oh, hair!”

(Hey Hypnotica she links to your video as well!)

Wait, what? Were?

ASillyKitty
April 6th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the link! Not thrilled about the religious overtones, but I can scroll past that and look at the hair! I just did the flip and twist, it was so easy!I think that will be a new one in my daily arsenal.

K_Angel
April 8th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I signed up to have her send me an email when she posts something new.... and today I got this new hair style:

http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/2010/04/08/the-cecily-half-up/

Thought I'd share! :blossom:

Stagecoach
April 8th, 2010, 08:39 PM
What neat website! And her styles are so nice!

restourceful
April 8th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I only got to scan tonight. It's time for :sleep: now but I'll check it out closer tomorrow. Thanks for posting it!

Elainehali
April 8th, 2010, 09:41 PM
haha.. check it out.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=82

http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/2009/09/24/bandana-waves/

So either she comes here... or great minds think alike. lol

Celticfreefall
April 9th, 2010, 01:55 AM
This is great! What wonderful hairstyles. I love seeing how to do the hairstyles used in period movies, so wonderful find, thank you!

Blandine
April 9th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Bookmarking for further investigation - that website looks very interesting.

AprilElf
April 9th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Wait, what? Were?
I spotted your Romantic French Twist is on her Basic Braids (http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/2009/10/13/braid-basics/) page, Hypnotica.

I love her Style Index (http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/style-index/)! :)

GlassEyes
April 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I'm slightly ticked that she didn't give credit to one of our members for the bandana waves thing.

I mean, it's not like she copyrighted it, but still...it's pretty obviously the same technique. Oh well, maybe it's just me.

Elainehali
April 10th, 2010, 01:59 AM
I'm slightly ticked that she didn't give credit to one of our members for the bandana waves thing.

I mean, it's not like she copyrighted it, but still...it's pretty obviously the same technique. Oh well, maybe it's just me.

hehe.. it's ok she's not making money off it. :deal: Plus in theory we could have both come up with it independently.

Loreley
April 10th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Beautiful hairstyles!:thud:

K_Angel
May 27th, 2010, 06:59 PM
She just posted a new hair style! It's an 1860's Ball Style. :)

x0h_bother
May 28th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I LOVE the Cecily half up AND the importance of being earnest!!! And I really like the Bandana Waves http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/2009/09/24/bandana-waves/

spidermom
May 28th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Thank you for posting this; what fun!

Newniepg
May 28th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I really like the civil war updo, it is really beautiful. She has such pretty hair and I really like how she takes inspiration from movies.

It is a plus that I like most of the movies she has listed! Clearly I am not the only one who watches a film and goes 'hmm...pretty hair, is that bun even possible?'

CaraLynn
June 7th, 2010, 08:10 PM
It is a plus that I like most of the movies she has listed! Clearly I am not the only one who watches a film and goes 'hmm...pretty hair, is that bun even possible?'

I know! I have always wondered how do to some of the hairstyles in 'Emma'!!

Gwendolene
July 24th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know how long her hair is? So far, my longest layers 29" are too short for all of the ones I've tried, on there...

Jessica Trapp
July 24th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Beautiful hair!

jes