PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and gentlemen, I'm officially blond :).

ericthegreat
April 3rd, 2010, 09:42 AM
Hey guys! I've finally took the plunge. I'm officially blond now. I am having so much fun now! I also cut in side-swept bangs. And I finally have what I've always dreamed of.......a little Louis Vuitton bag. Its a man-purse, just big enough to carry my cell and my day planner. Its fun sized, just the way I like it :cheer:.

Oh and in case you're all wondering, yes I do get my hair professionally blown out and flat ironed straight when I'm taking pictures. I personally prefer my hair that way, I really love it ultra shiny and perfectly pin straight :).

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8721/0122r.jpg (http://img716.imageshack.us/i/0122r.jpg/)

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3499/picture286c.jpg (http://img39.imageshack.us/i/picture286c.jpg/)

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6839/picture291.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/i/picture291.jpg/)

ericthegreat
April 3rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2546/0142n.jpg (http://img229.imageshack.us/i/0142n.jpg/)

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7733/0132ty.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/i/0132ty.jpg/)

Norai
April 3rd, 2010, 09:46 AM
Wow that's gorgeous! Your hair looks very thick and healthy, I bet it handles bleach and flat irons fairly well. :)

Mutinous
April 3rd, 2010, 09:46 AM
I love the colour combination :) It almost matches the LV bag actually! I'm really impressed at how well your hair takes to bleach, I think mine would have fried by now!

christinemariep
April 3rd, 2010, 09:56 AM
Very cool hair! I love the contrasting colors. Would love to see your hair prior to the flat-ironing, though...it looks wonderful straightened, but I covet the wavy locks, since I don't have them...lol. My hair curls just enough to frizz...lol. Anyhow, congrats on your new look...I love it!

GoddesJourney
April 3rd, 2010, 10:00 AM
Holy crap! That's looking long now. You've really got the anime look going. I looks like it can't be real. How fun is that?!

cmnt831
April 3rd, 2010, 10:01 AM
That's a really good look on you!

RavennaNight
April 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Nice! Your hair is very resilient and your stylist does a nice job:)

Stormsong
April 3rd, 2010, 10:07 AM
That look really suits you :)

Kristin
April 3rd, 2010, 10:13 AM
WOW! That looks awesome! I wish my hair could tolerate lightening as well as yours!

Culdayne
April 3rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
Wow, you really pull that off well!

My husband wants lighter hair but is embarrassed to do anything about it! (he is of indian descent) When he went to India a while back he did have it done, but it looked horrible! They obviously didn't let it sit long enough on his jet black hair!!

girloctopus
April 3rd, 2010, 11:46 AM
I like it a lot! I wish I had your nerve to color my hair like that! I love the straight silkiness too.

ericthegreat
April 3rd, 2010, 12:50 PM
Thank you everyone! :blossom: :cheer:

Mutinous, I actually do many things spontaneously. I wasn't even thinking about a matching color combination between both my hair and my new LV bag, but now that you've pointed it out I now also see that the shoulder strap and the outside lining of the bag matches well with my new haircolor. :)

Thanks GoddessJourney :flower:, I love Japanese anime. I watch Naruto off and on again.

Thank you girloctopus. I figure I only have this one life. I ought to be having as much fun as I can possibly have. :cheer:

Thanks again to everybody here, I appreciate all of your compliments. :grouphug:

little_acorn
April 3rd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Thats pretty Eric - its good to see you having fun with your hair :D

kittensoupnrice
April 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Wow! That's amazingly dramatic and awesome looking!
Kudos for taking the plunge. :D

2peasinapod
April 3rd, 2010, 01:12 PM
WOW! Your hair must be really strong to go through so many lightnings and still look so healthy! Honestly, at first I liked the dark better, but you really pull off the blond! It looks great! The color is perfect against your skin (and you purse)!:)

gmdiaz
April 3rd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Looks great! I love it!

BrightEyes7
April 3rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
I'm too jealous of your hair.... It is like made of steel. You can go from black to platinum blonde and your hair still looks soft and shiny. Darn you!!!

I LOVE AISAN HAIR!!

Syaoransbear
April 3rd, 2010, 01:32 PM
WOW, that is GORGEOUS AND AMAZING. Your hair is stunning and so healthy.

And thanks for showing people that chemical dye/bleach DOES NOT automatically mean unhealthy!

deko
April 3rd, 2010, 01:32 PM
Your hair looks so good and healthy!
It really suits you! And if you can't have fun with your hair what's the point of growing it :)

ericthegreat
April 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
Brighteyes, I'm going to give you the biggest internet hug anyone's ever given you. :grouphug: After what you've been through, you need one. I hope he does indeed suffer and get his comeuppance, not because of vengeance but because its justice.

Syaoransbear, what I love about LHC is that everyone of every kind of diversity and perspective is welcome here. I love the people here who are dedicated to their virgin heads of hair just as much as I love the chemical colored people and the henna people. :cheer:

LisaB234
April 3rd, 2010, 01:54 PM
LOVE IT, Eric. I have to say you can really pull off that look! It is fun to change up your look and you have certainly found a way to do it that doesn't seem too damaging - man, look at that length.

I saw the subject line and checked the date, first, though! ;-) I seem to remember a certain post about your curls . . . that were part of a wig!

Enjoy your new spring look!

pdy2kn6
April 3rd, 2010, 02:17 PM
Incredible!!!! Your hair is soooo strong, able to withstand all those amazing colours. You must be really happy!!!

MissManda
April 3rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
I love the variety of colors in your hair! You look great! Very lovely!

Speckla
April 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
Wow! It looks so good. And you can play with amazing colors an keep healthy hair. Blue streaks? ;)

Wally
April 3rd, 2010, 04:03 PM
Looks great Eric!

blondecat
April 3rd, 2010, 10:34 PM
I love it "). Fabuloulishus :)

long.again
April 3rd, 2010, 10:37 PM
Holy begebus! You're hair looks awesome! :D

Blueglass
April 3rd, 2010, 10:50 PM
It most be resilient. I've had to go into highlighting lately, it looks good around my face but I don't like all the damage. I'm back with Cassia, as well as only doing retouch at the root.

Luckysock
April 3rd, 2010, 11:18 PM
Bloooondeee! very hot :D

Debra83
April 3rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
sighhhhhhhhh! Mine must be green now to match the rest of my envious self! :thudpile:

ericthegreat
April 3rd, 2010, 11:29 PM
Okay guys, in case any of you still have any doubts about the true strength of Asian hair, read this article from Beauty Brains. http://thebeautybrains.com/2007/01/17/5-ways-that-asian-hair-is-different-from-caucasian-hair/

To the mods, if what I am posting is deemed inappropriate, I do not mean any kind of disrespect at all :).

argyle
April 4th, 2010, 12:13 AM
It looks great!

Aditi
April 4th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Congratulations on being Blond :cheer: The color combination is simply Superb :cheese:

emmabovary
April 4th, 2010, 01:30 AM
WOW! :cheer: I love it! I would like to go blonde myself some day..

Asian hair sure is something. :)

joiekimochi
April 4th, 2010, 02:30 AM
It looks awesome! I always wanted blonde hair but was afraid I'd look too Tila Tequila-ish. And I agree about the strength of Asian hair...my super fine and thin hair had gone through an afro-perm, 3 bleaching sessions, at least 6 different dye jobs, 4 different varieties of perms from digital perms to ceramic perms, tons of braided extensions, but I had never experience anything melting off or falling out! Granted it looked rough and dull at the ends, but well, I just cut it off and start again, everything just grows out virgin and strong again!

lilravendark
April 4th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I think when my hair is your length I am going to make it white blonde again after looking at your pics :D dude that's awesome looks very healthy and ultra cool

ericthegreat
April 4th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Oh, and in case you guys are wondering why my hair is still so relatively healthy after so many bleaching sessions, my stylist adds several drops of Argan oil into the bleach. This is his standard procedure for all his clients, he values healthy hair first. Also, he uses only high quality color, which contains a lot of conditioning agents which help to buffer the hair from the typical damage that would happen.

melrose1985
April 4th, 2010, 09:58 AM
like the new bangs and color!

CrisDee
April 4th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Wow, Eric, a fabulous new look AND some hair education as well - you so ROCK! :hollie:

spidermom
April 4th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Wow Eric; I'm amazed at how resilient your hair is. That's an eye-catching look; it would turn my head.

Nera
April 4th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Wow! That looks so cool! Great that your hair can take that much, that would be awesome.

Xepher
April 4th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Your hair looks incredible, Eric!

I'm insanely jealous :o

little_cherry
April 4th, 2010, 11:48 AM
WOW!! Amazing, Eric! Your hair looks so stunning! :D

tokidokichi
April 4th, 2010, 01:32 PM
It's very pretty on you, but honestly the blonde looks like extensions to me.. =]

seraphine
April 4th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Oeh la la!
Such gorgeous manes, ericthegreat :D

talecon
April 4th, 2010, 02:12 PM
luv ur hair :)

Qamar
April 4th, 2010, 02:38 PM
You look fantastic and sooooooo masculine in the chair! I like the blonde colours on you a lot!

ericthegreat
April 4th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Masculine?! Wow Qamar thank you :flower:, I mean even I've resigned myself as being a more effeminate male (not that there's anything wrong with being effeminate :grouphug:).

Qamar
April 4th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Masculine?! Wow Qamar thank you :flower:, I mean even I've resigned myself as being a more effeminate male (not that there's anything wrong with being effeminate :grouphug:).

OH yes...masculine in the same way that a man in a kilt oozes masculinity. Masculine enough to give passing women a thrill, even though we know perfectly well thats not your inclination :) Rawwwr!

Patrice
April 4th, 2010, 06:32 PM
The photo with you on the chair showing the back of your hair is simply breath-taking. An amazing mane and fantastic colour. It suits you well:applause

Fractalsofhair
April 4th, 2010, 06:34 PM
It looks amazing!

FrannyG
April 4th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Looks great! I'm happy that you're having fun with your hair. :)

Twil
April 4th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I wish my hair wass that resilient! Mine would of fallen out the moment the bleach touched it. *blatent envy* You look lovely!

Fethenwen
April 5th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Holy crap! That is awesome :cheer: It suits your style so well!

Garnet66
April 5th, 2010, 06:55 AM
The new color looks great. I'd LOVE to have hair as tough as yours. I'd dye it a different color every day.

WaitingSoLong
April 5th, 2010, 07:08 AM
You are brave Eric! I fear drastic change. Looks great!

yellowchariot
April 5th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I think it looks awesome! Killer length as well!

camara
April 5th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Now that is a big change! :bigeyes: You can pull it off, though. It looks very nice!

shadowclaw
April 5th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Great new color, Eric! It looks great on you. Although I don't think we can really call you a full-fledged blonde just yet :) Then again, you have more blonde of your head than many natural blondes do! Keep rocking the long hair, Eric!

Sammich
April 5th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Gotta love the velvet chocolatey locks next to the white chocolatey locks! Yum. Makes me hungry. :p
But anywho, yes. Very anime-like, I love, love, love it.
Naruto!! :D
Cool how your hair can withstand that bleaching, mine would be very rough and straw like before the bleach would even touch it! :p

linda g
April 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Your hair continues to amaze me... so shiny! I think it's a very dramatic look!

GuinevereMay
April 5th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I love the bangs. I wish I had the courage to cut my bangs like that, but I've had too many bad experiences with that.

Indigo Girl
April 5th, 2010, 07:59 PM
That looks great, eric! I love the color. :D

ericthegreat
April 5th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks ladies. :heartbeat: :blossom:

And the few gentlemen as well, I'd never forget my bros :rockerdud .

JenniferNoel
April 6th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Lookin' good Eric!
Your hair is made of Titanium, isn't it?

ericthegreat
April 6th, 2010, 09:15 AM
No Jennifer, its 110,000 strands of reinforced stainless steel. ;)

Stevy
April 6th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Wow, what a great interplay of colours! You look stunning!

adiapalic
April 6th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Oh my God! It's so luscious and healthy looking. I love the multi-color blend. Wow! :thud:

JamieLeigh
April 16th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Wow! What a rainbow!! :D

Loviatar
April 16th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Ha, I was thinking titanium hair too! Your hair is so resilient Eric, and it always looks so neat. I like the blonde! Gentlemen prefer Blondes, remember ;) (if you havent seen that film, you should!)

Your hairdresser puts argan in the bleach? Holy cow. My hairdresser looks bemused if I show up with coconut oil on my head. :D

Nice job!

SurprisingWoman
April 16th, 2010, 03:05 PM
That is awesome! Your stylist is a keeper, your hair is such awesome shape.

Frying Pan Paul
April 16th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Your hair looks cool. I can't wait until to have your length.

Pallas
April 16th, 2010, 04:15 PM
HOLY MOLY that's gorgeous :heartbeat

I LOVE the difference in colours. Man you have great hair O.O

EtherealOde
April 16th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I am really loving those bangs, it totally changes your look. And as for the rest, it sort of flows over you, like a hair cape. How do you make it flow and float like that???

KBG
April 16th, 2010, 05:27 PM
wow!! super cool!:heartbeat

windinherhair
April 16th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Wow, my highlights never looked that good! It looks awesome and I love the combination of color.

ericthegreat
April 17th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Wow! What a rainbow!! :D

Jamie, where have you been girl?! :flower:
I'm glad you finally made it to the party! :disco:

Loviatar, he is a bit of an unconventional character himself. He was a professional dancer before he became a hairstylist, and he has met all sorts of of people, from criminals(not joking about that) to other dancers of course, rockstars, and also the regular 9 to 5 working Joe just trying to survive in this cruel world. He has had clients with hair down to floor length, so he definitely wasn't the least bit shocked by my hair when I came to his salon for the first time all those years ago. He knows a lot about LHC inspired haircare methods like COing and stretching out your washes, and evens keeps a few Mason Pearson brushes in the salon.

SurprisingWoman, I know exactly how lucky I am to have found a caring stylist that actually wants to give you want YOU want, not what he wants. His client has to wear his haircut and haircolor 24/7, so it would only makes sense that a happy client is a loyal client.

Thank you EtherealOde, I was growing out my bangs and they reached all the way to collarbone length, but somehow I just HATED how my face was so plain and bare without some long bangs to frame it. So I cut them back in! :cheer:

ericthegreat
April 17th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Ha, I was thinking titanium hair too! Your hair is so resilient Eric, and it always looks so neat. I like the blonde! Gentlemen prefer Blondes, remember ;) (if you havent seen that film, you should!)

Thanks Loviatar, but I already have a man :p. And he already fell in love with me when my hair was its virgin jet black. He simply loves spending time with me, you just have to see his face every time I go over to his house. Seeing him light up makes me feel happy too.

Dreams_in_Pink
April 17th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I'm not a fan of platinum highlights, but it looks WONDERFUL on you! Your hair's also quite strong, i cannot believe how you managed to get such a light color without losing length! I know people who cannot go longer than shoulders with flat-iron & bleach combo :)

kdaniels8811
May 7th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Eric - your hair is simply awesome. The blonde is incredible, and it looks incredible on you. Very handsome man! Can I have some of your hair while I grow out mine from chemo??? I am still patiently waiting for it to start growing back....

Sigh. Patience is not one of my virtues!

Seriously, your hair suits you perfectly.