View Full Version : Long Hair Tribe :)

Beatnik Guy
April 2nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
Seen in today's (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/pandora/pandora-not-mrs-prescotts-cup-of-tea-surely-1934006.html) "Independent" (scroll down).

Jerry's tribal markings

"My family is related to an Indian tribe," exclaimed Jerry Hall, unexpectedly, at Marie Claire's Inspire & Mentor launch with the Prince's Trust this week. "Seriously, I mean it. Generations ago in Texas my relatives married into this tribe, that's how we got the blood in our family. Guess what they are called? The Long Hair tribe. All my family have long hair, my mother, my grandmother, it is just our thing. I always come under pressure to cut my hair but I won't. If it's a problem, it's in my family."

:rockerdud

Juliannaissance
April 2nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Long hair tribe? Never heard of that. Interesting! Seems real enough. :p

emmabovary
April 2nd, 2010, 01:24 PM
Awesome! Maybe we're all part of that tribe and have been brainwashed into believing we're just normal people, or maybe we're all secret Long Hair Tribe agents...or maybe I've been watching waaaay too much Doctor Who :rolleyes:

No but seriously, that's really cool. I'm glad there are people who value their hair that way (outside of this board!) :D

Igor
April 2nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
Hehe that’s awesome :D

Angela_Rose
April 2nd, 2010, 01:30 PM
Huh. That's neat! Thanks for the heads-up, BeatnikGuy.

naereid
April 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
Awesome! Maybe we're all part of that tribe and have been brainwashed into believing we're just normal people, or maybe we're all secret Long Hair Tribe agents...or maybe I've been watching waaaay too much Doctor Who :rolleyes:
There's no such thing as too much Doctor Who. :grnbiggri

Hana
April 2nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
i think pretty much everyone here is an honorary member of said tribe!
awesome find. :D

starlights
April 2nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
can i join this tribe? LOL

Rhiannon7
April 2nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up, great to know about this tribe. I think they do exist, i read somewhere back in school about the native americans whose tribe was called that *the long haired tribe* but not sure if it was the original name or a name given by the europeans when they arrived and met the tribe. i think it had something to do with all had very long hair, even men had hair about classic length. but not sure, it was just a few weeks of that history that the teacher gave us.

But it is interesting to know people who still follow their ancestors ways and are proud.

I wish i could join the long haired tribe. maybe we are all part of this tribe.

mellie
April 2nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
Very cool! I'll have to look up my genealogy....:D

EdG
April 2nd, 2010, 09:36 PM
That's very cool! :cheese:

I wonder what the tribe's real name was. Googling "Long Hair Tribe" and "Texas" suggests several possibilities.
Ed

gmdiaz
April 2nd, 2010, 09:45 PM
Being a long hair is in my blood. . .I am sure that I'm a direct descendant.

How could I not be? LOLOL

I must check my documents.

bte
April 2nd, 2010, 11:31 PM
How dare Jerry say that! LHC is the real Long Hair Tribe!

windinherhair
April 3rd, 2010, 01:41 AM
Now that's a statement. :D

Masara
April 3rd, 2010, 01:45 AM
There's no such thing as too much Doctor Who. :grnbiggri

New series starts tonight! :cheese:

naereid
April 3rd, 2010, 02:22 AM
Oh my god, LHC is the only place that will understand when I say that one of the things I'm most excited about is the new companion's gorgeous HAIR!

emmabovary
April 3rd, 2010, 02:36 AM

Omg really? Thanks for the heads up! :D

Oh my god, LHC is the only place that will understand when I say that one of the things I'm most excited about is the new companion's gorgeous HAIR!

Reaaaally! I have two seasons to catch up, but yay, looking forward to the eye candy! :)

Oh, and sorry for slightly hijacking the thread :o