PDA

View Full Version : bald area on my scalp ?!

Cailie
April 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM
I just found a little "bald spot" on my scalp. about 1 x 1 cm, on one side not very far from my temple
it doesn't show unless I raise all the hair that grows over it with a comb... and there is nothing strange about the skin or anything. but it's completely hairless !! :confused:

I think my hair is pretty healthy overall (and so am I), and I have no idea if it's new or if it's been there forever (I haven't looked at my hair and scalp this much ever before) ... but i'm a little worried now ... :s

I have been using all natural products for a while, and take very good care for my scalp, diet, etc. I have a lot of new growth all over...

is this something anyone else have found ??

I dabbed some castor oil on it, kind of wishing something will grow there ... it's not the end of the world (wouldn't show even in a poney tail) but I sure don't want it to grow any bigger :confused:

any ideas what this can be ?
what can I do ? :(

(I'm a woman, in my twenties, and no bald women in my family that I know of...)

bridgetsgirl
April 1st, 2010, 08:40 PM
Maybe it's a scar. Do you remember hitting your head as a kid, or maybe you had a mole removed when you were too young to remember? I work with lots of short-haired guys, many of whom have bald spots on their scalps as a result of an injury. I even have one, it's from having a big mole removed when I was 16.

That's all I've got anyhow...

GoddesJourney
April 1st, 2010, 08:40 PM
Sometimes people will temporarily get a spot or two like you described from extreme stress. Do you wear glasses? Sometimes the edge of your glasses can catch your hair and pull it out. That's all I can think of right now.

Cailie
April 1st, 2010, 08:47 PM
Thank you so much for those replies !

hmmm... it could be a scar from when I was younger ... very possible, but it doesn't look like a scar. the skin is all soft, normal... and nude.

I don't wear glasses, and haven't had moles, so can't be this

Stress is a real possibility though ...

any other ideas on what it can be and how to make hair grow there more than welcome !

(and I'll work on getting that stress level down :oops:)

little_cherry
April 1st, 2010, 09:03 PM
I'm not sure what it could be, but I've had bald patches after starting a certain med and found castor oil (just the stuff from the chemist) massaged into the area every day to be fantastic to help with hair growth.