PDA

View Full Version : YAY! BSL! :) (Pics!)

lexiflowers
April 1st, 2010, 11:45 AM
So, the last time I let DFutureH take a length shot was the 1st of February. I wanted to give it a full two months before the next one so that I'd actually be able to see a difference... and boy can I! :)

1st of Feb length pic is here:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4813&pictureid=62426

1st of April (today) pic is here:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4813&pictureid=68296

It's not perfect because you can see my roots coming through at the top (it's a hennaing my roots day tomorrow, but I wanted to keep taking the pictures on the 1st of the month). I've still updated my signature pic though, I'm so chuffed!

I was just skimming the top of my bra strap before, and now I'm definitely down just past the bottom of it (and I have very thick bra straps! :p). Plus I think my hair looks thicker. I may be imagining that but... either way I am happy!

Couldn't resist sharing. Thank you so much for helping me along the way. :flower:

Lexi :)

ETA: My hair isn't actually different colours on the way down my length, but the light coming in through the blind was only really hitting the lower parts. :) Me likey henna. :)

Merewen
April 1st, 2010, 11:47 AM
It looks really good! Yay BSL! I love your henna. So pretty.

little_acorn
April 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM
What fantastic growth :D

lexiflowers
April 1st, 2010, 12:01 PM
Thank you guys! I'm so pleased. I've been kind of obsessively asking DFutureH pretty much daily whether he thinks it's getting longer, haha. Really glad I left it two months to look at another picture, and so happy with how much it's grown. :)

melrose1985
April 1st, 2010, 12:10 PM
I love your cut and color... Well not cut but the shape of your hair! Do you henna? what color is your hair naturally if so?

lexiflowers
April 1st, 2010, 12:13 PM
I love your cut and color... Well not cut but the shape of your hair! Do you henna? what color is your hair naturally if so?

Thank you! :) I do henna, with Lush's Caca Rouge. Naturally I'm strawberry-blonde. There are some pictures in one of my albums ("Old School") of my natural colour. :)

Tonks
April 1st, 2010, 12:15 PM
Your hair looks so beautiful! I've been thinking about hennaing my hair lately... your colour is so gorgeous!

hmmm
April 1st, 2010, 12:20 PM
Lovely hair and thickness!

missmandy
April 1st, 2010, 12:54 PM
Yay I likes!!! Congrats!!!

lexiflowers
April 1st, 2010, 01:12 PM
Thank you so much everyone! :)

Hair compliments always mean so much coming from LHC-ers. I'm beaming. :D

Tangerine
April 1st, 2010, 01:34 PM
Wow, seems like you've grown an entire jumper stripe in that time! Well done! Your hair's looking really healthy. Love the colour! :flower:

lexiflowers
April 1st, 2010, 01:37 PM
Wow, seems like you've grown an entire jumper stripe in that time! Well done! Your hair's looking really healthy. Love the colour! :flower:

Thank you! :flower: :)

I don't measure my hair, but your comment made it occur to me to measure my stripes! It turns out that they are 1.75 inches. :D Yay!

Also, two more stripes is waist-length, so in theory (though I accept that many variables affect the reality, and that I am at a potentially awkward length for breakage now so things may well tail off a bit) I could be at waist-length in another four months... That would be in time for my wedding. Eeeee! I can dream right? :)

Tangerine
April 1st, 2010, 01:41 PM
That would be great, waist-length wedding hair! :D

I don't measure my hair either - I can't be doing with numbers. Much too fiddly!:eyebrows:
I just thought it was nifty how you take pictures with the same top on because that way you do have a visual yardstick, as it were.

Happy growing! :)

SummerWarmth
April 1st, 2010, 01:54 PM
Congrats! :-) BSL is a nice milestone. (I can't wait ;-)

I agree! Waist-length wedding hair with your color would be AWESOME.

BrightEyes7
April 1st, 2010, 01:59 PM
No you are not imagining things... your hair looks much thicker! I looks so great! You should be proud of so much progress in two short months!

urara12
April 1st, 2010, 02:17 PM
it's looks so good:p& looks much thicker:)

lexiflowers
April 2nd, 2010, 05:03 AM
Thank you. :D I'm glad my hair really is thicker. I'm over the moon with it. :)

I doubt my hair would be this healthy without you guys. Thank you! :flower:

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

kelly-j
April 2nd, 2010, 06:06 AM
awesome growth, and very pretty hair!

Hana
April 2nd, 2010, 06:26 AM
good grief your hair grows fast, and it looks good! :D

also, your shirt is amazing, haha.

countryhopper
April 2nd, 2010, 08:21 AM
I agree; it looks much thicker! It looks gorgeous! Waist length, here you come! And you should get there very soon, from the looks of it!

camirra555
April 2nd, 2010, 08:27 AM
You're colour is so pretty! Congrats on BSL

Oskimosa
April 2nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Uh oh, siggie twins! ;) Our hair looks alot alike, I think! But I see we have different hair types, hm.

sibiryachka
April 2nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Congratulations on the milestone! And that color... *drools*

MissCoco
April 2nd, 2010, 08:45 PM

lexiflowers
April 3rd, 2010, 04:15 AM
Thank you, you lovely people. :)

Uh oh, siggie twins! ;) Our hair looks alot alike, I think! But I see we have different hair types, hm.

It does look a lot alike in our signature pictures doesn't it! Funny that that's the case with such different hair types but it's definitely the case. :) Weird. But cool! :)

dropinthebucket
April 3rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
*definitely* thicker! congrats on bsl. :)

Wally
April 3rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
Lovely, just lovely. Congrats on your beautiful hair.

Aliped
April 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Here's another one for you ....
Your hair is beautiful and I love the color. I am thinking about henna, but am a bit nervous to make the commitment .... pictures like yours help a lot :)

Debra83
April 3rd, 2010, 10:21 PM
So, as I said under your picture.....what are your secrets to obtaining great growth?

talecon
April 4th, 2010, 02:18 PM
nice progress congrats :)

Capybara
April 4th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Your hair looks great! You definitely have gained thickness, I think.

Henna suits you as well :)

Kristin
April 4th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Your hair looks so thick! I love your henna!

spidermom
April 4th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Beautiful hair; terrific growth.