PDA

View Full Version : uh oh...I like my virgin hair color....

ChrissieM
April 1st, 2010, 09:59 AM
I've been chemically dying my hair redder for years, and then one year ago I stopped and switched to cassia/henna mixes in order to stop the damage. So now I have lovely, healthy, bright copper hair.

However, I've been lazy and haven't hennaed since early Jan, and I have a good bit of roots showing. It's an interesting blondy copper with one or two silvers glinting in there (when did those show up??) It actually transitions well with the hennaed part of my hair, no harsh line of demarcation. So, I think I'm going to let it go for another couple months and see if I want to start the virgin hair journey. It would be about 6 year before I would reach the ultimate goal of TB virgin hair, then. I think I can do it...

teela1978
April 1st, 2010, 10:10 AM
Its really nice when you don't have to dye your hair. One less expense, one less thing to worry about :)

redwoman
April 1st, 2010, 11:02 AM
You can do it. I did it. Going from black to my natural color took a while but it is so worth it. No expense, no stinky chemicals, no roots. You will be glad you did. Good luck on your journey.

hmmm
April 1st, 2010, 12:42 PM
I like subtly two-toned hair, it's pretty. Go for it.

kabelaced
April 1st, 2010, 12:48 PM
Go for it! :D I have been hennaing my hair since October of last year and I love the color, but my hair is naturally strawberry blonde/light red and since finding out about cassia, I've been so curious about what it would look like on my old hair color...must fight the temptation! Perhaps I'll do a henna/cassia mix for the summer months instead. ;)

Six years is a long time, but stay with it! You'll be proud that you did! :cheese:

rosek
April 3rd, 2010, 09:38 PM
I found the same thing after I dyed mine a very dark brown (it was pretty much black). That was over two years ago - my virgin hair is now past my jawline. My colour has actually faded ALOT over time - you can't see the demarcation unless you know where it is now. My ends are a different color to the roots, but you can't tell unless you put one against the other because of the gradient in the rest of my hair. I say go for it - its so worth it!