PDA

View Full Version : I broke my first hair stick!

BelleBot
March 31st, 2010, 11:30 AM
So it's finally happened, I broke a hairstick :p

I was having a go at hypnotica's hypno bun with one of my claire's black plastic sticks and it snapped in my hair. However my hair is nice and secure with the little bit of hairstick that was left buried in my bun, but I can't find it!
So I have over half a broken stick in my hand, and the other smaller bit still stuck in my hair keeping my hair up. I'll try find it tonight, in the meantime it's doing a good job. The bun looks fantastic and looks like it's supporting itself lol. :laugh:

AbruptlyWanderi
March 31st, 2010, 01:52 PM
Well, at least it wasn't a rather expensive hairstick! :cheese: :D

Peter
March 31st, 2010, 02:01 PM
Invisi-stick!

jera
March 31st, 2010, 02:55 PM
Congrats on having killer hair. I hope you can find the other piece. Your hair must be super thick to hold even with a broken stick. :p

BelleBot
March 31st, 2010, 02:59 PM
It's not thick at all, just a fluke I think. Finally managed to find the bit of stick, took a while though. Least it means I have strong hair. :p

Tangerine
March 31st, 2010, 03:28 PM
So now you need to buy a whole bunch of those sticks so you can recreate the invisi-stick bun (ha ha Peter!) time and time again! :p

strawberrywine
March 31st, 2010, 03:34 PM
wow! I have a couple of plastic sticks from claire's and I thought they were quite sturdy! You must have really strong/heavy hair :)

Hana
March 31st, 2010, 03:34 PM
you have passed the test...

now your hair can have its own cape and mask and fight crime at night all on its own! :D

little_cherry
March 31st, 2010, 04:15 PM
Hair conquers plastic...nice! :D

Juliannaissance
March 31st, 2010, 04:29 PM
Awesome! Maybe you should try getting a bone hair stick or a wooden one. Maybe they won't break that fast. :p

BrightEyes7
March 31st, 2010, 04:31 PM
I have cheap sticks from Claire's, I have put them in more than once and felt them bending and I thought they would snap but didn't... I'm sure it is bound to happen one day!

BelleBot
March 31st, 2010, 04:48 PM
Yeh, I use them in wet hair, they seemed very sturdy until now, I was quite shocked. I've got plenty of wooden ones and a few metal ones. Just an excuse to go and buy more :p

I'd heard so many times of people braking their sticks, never thought it would happen to me as I have fine hair. Now it's stick munching hair!

Angela_Rose
March 31st, 2010, 05:01 PM
Excellent! I love it when my hair breaks something.

There's a reason a lot of us use metal hairtoys!

Alcenaia
March 31st, 2010, 05:39 PM
Haha, this has happened to me twice, both times with plastic hairsticks from Claire's. Both of them were in pairs, so now I have some singletons. :shrug:

Bethie
March 31st, 2010, 07:05 PM
Congrats on the super strong hair and Grats on the excuse to buy more toys.

Kristin
March 31st, 2010, 07:14 PM
Isn't that shocking the first time it happens? I remember looking at this stick and feeling guilty...but then I laughed and did a happy dance for thick hair. :cheese: CONGRATS!!! (BTW, antler sticks are very strong and won't break. Prolly wouldn't break even if you tried to break them!)

joiekimochi
March 31st, 2010, 10:38 PM
Hehe I tend to break plastic sticks as well as the teeth on hair forks! And my hair is super thin and fine! I think I shove them in too hard sometimes. But BelleBot, I think your hair looks very strong and healthy so it's no wonder it needs to chew on some plastic for sustenance.

BelleBot
April 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM
I feel like a have a monster on my head now, chewing away at my hair toys crunching, breaking and spitting out the weak ones.
I've got a wooden purplewisteria stick in today, same bun, but it's not going to be eaten or broken, it's fantastic.