PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year Anniversary!! Pics !

Farina
March 31st, 2010, 11:00 AM
Wow it's been one year. A few days before my birthday one year ago I decided I was disgusted with my layered stringy damaged hair and that *I* was going to do something about it. I now cut my own hair and I have gotten many compliments on it! I gave myself some thick side bangs that I am growing out just because I want to see how thick my hair can really be. My underlayer of hair was so damaged I had my mom trim it so it was about 3 inches long, it's coming in nicely though. Also, I have been doing monthly trims of about one inch to get rid of all the horrible layers that had my dad convinced my hair was falling out ! That's how thin it looked! I only have about 3 inches left of layers and my ends are so soft and thick compared to before. I also stopped straightening my hair on a daily basis and I now only straighten if the blow dryer doesn't do the trick (which it does 98% of the time). While I still blow dry, I use a protection spray. I have wavy/curly inbetween hair and I wish I could style it without using heat but I haven't really figured it out (suggestions???). I also switched my hair products to Renpure Organics which I LOVE! My hair still has a ways to go but the progress is so encouraging! My goal is to have waist length hair with maybe a little side bang. Maybe next year? :)

Anyway here I was a year ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/insaneandsmiling/Stuff042.jpg

Here I am now:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/insaneandsmiling/001.jpg

SmileShine
March 31st, 2010, 11:08 AM
very pretty! your hair color is lovely, and it looks healthy and shiny!

serious
March 31st, 2010, 11:08 AM
Wow, what a difference!
Your hair looks way,way thicker now!
Congratulations and happy growing :)

cmnt831
March 31st, 2010, 11:28 AM
Your hair does look a lot thicker! Congratulations on your anniversary! :cheese:

NuclearMosquito
March 31st, 2010, 12:21 PM
Your hair looks awesomely shiny and healthy! Happy anniversary!

PS: My birthday is coming up soon too!

redneckprincess
March 31st, 2010, 12:21 PM
Looks great, and so thick!!!

Johanna64
March 31st, 2010, 01:04 PM
Your hair looks great and so much thicker!! :)

freckles
March 31st, 2010, 01:14 PM
as well as looking thicker, your hair looks shinier, and healthier :) congrats :)

dropinthebucket
March 31st, 2010, 01:20 PM
That's what my hair looks like in layers! just ragged - you've made so much progress and your hair is just so, so beautiful and healthy looking now! high five!

little_cherry
March 31st, 2010, 01:35 PM
Your hair looks so very healthy! Well done! :D

Farina
March 31st, 2010, 01:58 PM
thanks everyone !

Pixna
March 31st, 2010, 02:20 PM
Wowie!!! That's QUITE a difference. What a wonderful improvement -- congratulations!!! :toast:

Sunny_side_up
March 31st, 2010, 02:28 PM
wow what a change, does look thicker. Very healthy looking hair
Happy growing:)

Garnet66
March 31st, 2010, 03:06 PM
Wow, your hair looks awesome. Happy anniversary!

Hana
March 31st, 2010, 03:35 PM
wow, looks so thick and healthy!
have some cheese. :cheese:

janeytilllie
March 31st, 2010, 04:16 PM
Happy Anniversary! :flower: Your hair looks very healthy and beautiful :)

FrannyG
March 31st, 2010, 04:22 PM
Happy anniversary! :blossom: And congratulations on a beautiful and healthy head of hair. It's just lovely. :blossom:

tokidokichi
March 31st, 2010, 04:49 PM
Your hair is so pretty, great improvement!

Maybe let your hair dry naturaly then put velcro rollers in your hair to straghten it out. My hair is pretty wavy and that is what I have been doing since I stoped blow drying and straightening. it works for me =]

Shicurls
March 31st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks so much thicker and much more shiny!

Farina
March 31st, 2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks tokidokichi for the tip. I'll try that out and see how it works for me :)

julliams
March 31st, 2010, 09:43 PM
Your hair is looking so healthy now. You asked about how to treat wavy hair? My best advice would be:

After conditioning, squeeze with a towel to draw out most of the water, put a leave in conditioner or hair gel and use your towel to "plop" your hair. It's like scrunching only you use the towel instead of your hands. For some reason it makes the waves sit in thicker bunches rather than splitting up into smaller ones (does that make sense???). Then LEAVE IT ALONE!! This is the hardest thing to do. Your hair will look like loose long waves and as it dries, any curls that are there will form.

I find that it looks great for the first day and on the second day you can just spritz with water and "plop" again with your towel or else, kind of brush it out and wear it a bit straighter which is what I normally do.

Having paritally wavy/curly hair is great because you can get so many looks out of it with ease.

My siggy below was done using the method I describe and it's way curlier than I normally wear it.

Farina
March 31st, 2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks julliams ! I have tried ploping before and i find that it makes the hair closet to my scalp crimp strangely from being under the towel and it seems very flat once it's dried. is there any way around that?

julliams
March 31st, 2010, 10:55 PM
Hmmm - I have heard you can use an old T-shirt too. Maybe you need to try it a few times - every time I go curly my hair looks different. I only squeeze the water out using the towel - I don't leave it on my head for any length of time and the plopping that I do is literally about 10 scrunches where I scrunch (hold for about 2 seconds) then let go. I have seen some people plop and then put it up in a towel - I don't do that - I just air dry with it out.

You might find too that your hair will try to rebel at first as it's used to being straight. Give it a few goes and try different ways until you find what works best.

little_acorn
March 31st, 2010, 11:11 PM
It looks super healthy - happy anniversary :D

urara12
March 31st, 2010, 11:52 PM
wow!!! it's so changed:) your hair looks so thick after trim.
make me want to trim too! I have to:p

kelly-j
March 31st, 2010, 11:55 PM
wow, thatīs an amazing change. Your hair looks so thick all the way down. And look at that shine.:bowtome:

GrowAlready
April 1st, 2010, 06:49 AM
Wow! It looks very thick and healthy!

Dani
April 1st, 2010, 07:27 AM
Awesome! Your hair and your house are both beautiful. :D

I have straight/wavy hair too, and I haven't used a blow dryer in ten years. It's crazy easy to air dry our kind of hair! It takes a while when hair is long, but you can hop out of the shower and gently squeeze the extra water out of your hair (in the tub or on a towel or something), then just rub a little shea butter in your palm, add some coconut oil and rub your hands together, then rub your hands onto the ends and length of your hair on each side. Wrap a big long sleeved cotton t shirt around your head as you would a towel, and leave it for a bit to soak up the water. Then take it off and let your hair just air dry (maybe with that shirt on your shoulders). You can put it in a damp bun or braid(s) for the day or leave it down; or let it get mostly dry before bed, then go to bed and let it air dry over your pillow the rest of the night. :)

These things have always worked for me, and I can't imagine that I'll ever use a blow dryer or any heat appliance on my hair again. There's just really no point to it for me, and it's not a part of my life. I've seen people talk about how they couldn't possibly give up the blow dryer (or whatever tool they think they need), because then their hair would be a mess, but imo that is just not true, and it is so ridiculously easy to get to air drying your hair, and having that be what's normal to you. :D Hope this helps a little. Trust me, it's easy, and you will love it. :cheese: Oh, and I've been cutting my own hair since I was 13, and that's also so ridiculously easy for me to do that I still can't believe people PAY MONEY and lots of it sometimes to have other people cut their hair! It's insane to me. :p It's trickier when my hair's short (but still very easy), and when it's long? Psh. It takes like 20 seconds to trim long hair. :D

Nyghtingale
April 1st, 2010, 07:29 AM
wow, your hair looks SO much thicker. very healthy too.

Jessikinz
April 1st, 2010, 07:59 AM
Happy 1 year anniversary! Your hair gained a lot of thickness and it looks great! Your color is so pretty too. :)

missmandy
April 1st, 2010, 08:00 AM
It looks so nice!!! Congrats!!!

Farina
April 1st, 2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks everyone !

Dani, I think I'll try your suggestion. I use coconut oil now and I really like it. I use it before I blow dry though. Maybe I'll add in some shea butter and let it air dry like how you said. I'll let you know if it works once I try it !

julliams
April 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM
Pics please!