PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating massage = better scalp stimulation?

Dreams_in_Pink
March 31st, 2010, 05:06 AM
I bought myself a small vibrating massage device for quite cheap, something similar to this:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4708&pictureid=68130

These things are made for body,for peeling and soothing, but i bought it solely to use on scalp LOL :D When i was doing finger massaging, i was noticing more shedding; but since i started using these twice a day, i started shedding less :D

It's too early to say anything about its affect in hair growth though. Do anyone else use these to massage their scalp? Can anyone talk about long-term advantages & disadvantages?

Nat242
March 31st, 2010, 05:15 AM
:spitting:

Ahem. ;)

We're talking scalp stimulation, right?

:couch: :eyebrows:

ETA: Sorry, it's just the most fun thread title ever. No, I have not used one of those.

Dreams_in_Pink
March 31st, 2010, 05:19 AM
:spitting:

Ahem. ;)

We're talking scalp stimulation, right?

:couch: :eyebrows:

ETA: Sorry, it's just the most fun thread title ever. No, I have not used one of those.

:bigeyes:
Yes, we're absolutely talking about SCALP stimulation! :rollin:

i never read this title THAT way LOL!

kwaniesiam
March 31st, 2010, 05:22 AM
You might want to change the title to better SCALP stimulation :lol: I have never used those but am curious what others have to say.

Addy
March 31st, 2010, 05:22 AM
+1 for title mishaps! :D

That's awesome. :cheese:

Dreams_in_Pink
March 31st, 2010, 05:26 AM
You might want to change the title to better SCALP stimulation :lol: I have never used those but am curious what others have to say.

+1 for title mishaps! :D

That's awesome. :cheese:

:oops: title changed. :D *facepalms*

ETA: Ohnoes, can anyone tell me WHY the title did not change in "mane forum"??

frangipani
March 31st, 2010, 05:34 AM
Lol! Love the thread title mishap. It came up as "better scalp stimulation" when i read it, so it must be fixed now.

It is an interesting idea , and it seems like less effort - but i would think the buzzing/vibration would be really annoying on your head, particularly near the ears. Would you use it with oils or what?

Dreams_in_Pink
March 31st, 2010, 05:38 AM
Lol! Love the thread title mishap. It came up as "better scalp stimulation" when i read it, so it must be fixed now.

It is an interesting idea , and it seems like less effort - but i would think the buzzing/vibration would be really annoying on your head, particularly near the ears. Would you use it with oils or what?

not really, this device does not make any sound and vibrates very slightly. Unless you press it onto your scalp, it doesn't cause any discomfort.

And no, i don't use any oils because i'm WO washing :)

hmmm
March 31st, 2010, 05:43 AM
I use a vibrating hair brush, it's awesome :D the brush part comes off and it's got a rubber thing similar to yours underneath. I don't actually brush my hair with it, just switch it on and let it stimulate ;)

Haha, I love the title, although I knew it was to do with the scalp...

Dreams_in_Pink
March 31st, 2010, 05:48 AM
ahhh, if only i could find a vibrating hairbrush, i'd definitely buy it!!! Kinda hard to get to the scalp with this one.

BlackfootHair
March 31st, 2010, 06:27 AM
I have a vibrating hair brush. I bought mine off Amazon, but you can also find them at Sally's on the clearance section of the website.

It's very relaxing. Especially when I have a headache.

countryhopper
March 31st, 2010, 07:14 AM
When I clicked on this thread, the old title came up...? weird.

Sounds like a good thing for your head, though! i'm a sucker for a head massage. i fall asleep almost instantly!

martinxt
March 31st, 2010, 09:46 AM
Blackfoothair what brand of vibrating hair brush do you have?

Purdy Bear
March 31st, 2010, 10:06 AM
My brother brought me a vibrating hair brush but its never worked.

I do massage my scalp twice a day, as well as using hot flannel compresses. The skin is far looser then before and more tactile, and I have some minor hair regrowth in patches, so something is working.

hmmm
March 31st, 2010, 11:39 AM
ahhh, if only i could find a vibrating hairbrush, i'd definitely buy it!!! Kinda hard to get to the scalp with this one.

I got one of those little rubber massager things free with my coconut oil once! It was really cool, but I gave it away because I have the vibrating hair brush. I found the brush in a cosmetics/supermarket kind of store, I'm sure they have them where you are.
Although I can't really say there's a lot of difference - how do you mean you can't get to the scalp? As long as you can feel it on your scalp I think that's enough.

Dreams_in_Pink
March 31st, 2010, 01:04 PM
Although I can't really say there's a lot of difference - how do you mean you can't get to the scalp? As long as you can feel it on your scalp I think that's enough.

Well, i put my hair in a low ponytail and massage over the hair. I feel the thick layer of hair prevents scalp from receiving vibrations, thinking that this device was made to use on bare skin.

little_cherry
March 31st, 2010, 02:28 PM
That thing looks amazing....for the scalp, that is! ;)
I had one of those vibrating brushes a looong time ago. My hair actually grew rather quickly!

LoveMyLongHair
March 31st, 2010, 03:08 PM
Has anyone tried a Tingler? I have the copper one and looooove it. I noticed they now have a vibrating one, evil enablers..............got me hooked on the one and now a newer version.

Must have...........must have..........must have...............

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVIXvuLNLgQQA8_gPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTExN3Y1YzI 1BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3JlNAR2dGlkAwRsA1dTMQ--/SIG=11stv9o9s/EXP=1270155887/**http%3A//www.bodytimewellness.com/tingler/

starlights
March 31st, 2010, 05:15 PM
oh... maybe i shud get myself one of these! I LOVE head massages!

Dreams_in_Pink
April 1st, 2010, 01:35 AM
Has anyone tried a Tingler? I have the copper one and looooove it. I noticed they now have a vibrating one, evil enablers..............got me hooked on the one and now a newer version.

Must have...........must have..........must have...............

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVIXvuLNLgQQA8_gPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTExN3Y1YzI 1BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3JlNAR2dGlkAwRsA1dTMQ--/SIG=11stv9o9s/EXP=1270155887/**http%3A//www.bodytimewellness.com/tingler/

I've been looking EVERYWHERE for THAT one!!! :rolleyes:

ChloeDharma
April 1st, 2010, 03:05 AM
I've still got one of those vibrating massagers with changeable heads that i got years ago as a teenager. It has one for the scalp and i loved it. I should use it again, i used to use it twice a day and in those days my hair grew really well but there are other factors that could have contributed to the growth though.

hmmm
April 1st, 2010, 03:25 AM
I've been looking EVERYWHERE for THAT one!!! :rolleyes:

LMAO people sell it on the street here! It looked creepy and I never bought it.

You should find the brush if you can, it's totally worth it.

freckles
April 1st, 2010, 04:04 AM
DBF has something similar to that 'tingler'. It feels amazing, we both love it, but unfortunately it seems to tangle my hair :( Anyone else found a way around this?

ChloeDharma
April 1st, 2010, 04:13 AM
DBF has something similar to that 'tingler'. It feels amazing, we both love it, but unfortunately it seems to tangle my hair :( Anyone else found a way around this?

I had one of those used on me years ago when my hair was much shorter and i looked like i'd been dragged through a hedge backwards so i've not dared try it now! It does feel amazing though, the ones i saw were called "orgasmatron" and after it was used on me i very much understood why! ;)

BlackfootHair
April 5th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Blackfoothair what brand of vibrating hair brush do you have?

I don't think it had a brand. It was just one that was bought off Amazon... I think it was just called "The Tingler". :o

BlackfootHair
April 5th, 2010, 07:21 PM
http://www.amazon.com/ISO-Massage-Hair-Brush/dp/B0035HBJW8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1270516639&sr=8-4

It looks just like that one. I got mine for $4 though...