PDA

View Full Version : Long hair in new TV advertisement

DaveDecker
May 4th, 2008, 03:14 PM
This morning on TV I saw an ad for a financial company (that shall remain unidentified), in which a woman (about 60ish?), with a chin-length bob, is sitting in the waiting area of a hospital, worried about (presumably) her husband. Suddenly, several seats away is seated a very-similar woman (who looks just a few years older) who is supposed to be just the older self of the first woman. (Did that make sense?) She is talking about her future and how she will be taking a nice vacation with her husband in the following year... at which point the doctor comes out to say that he'll be alright. And poof!, the older-self woman is gone.

Point is... the older version of the woman has an enormous bun of gray/silver hair. So the future for this woman includes a grow-out of her chin-length bob, to enough hair to make a huge bun. A good future indeed. :)

saman
May 4th, 2008, 03:32 PM
good future

Shanarana
May 4th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Something we here at LHC can only see. Good call.

paper
May 4th, 2008, 04:46 PM
thats pretty cool

Tresses
May 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM
How 'bout that! :thumbsup:

Angela_Rose
May 4th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Mm, i saw that commercial last night! The first thing i noticed was the good-sized bun on her head!

lynnala
May 4th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Maybe she is one of us....

DaveDecker
May 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Mm, i saw that commercial last night! The first thing i noticed was the good-sized bun on her head!

That's exactly it! It wasn't just an updo... I mean, this woman had to have extremely long and thick hair to make a bun that large (and at the age she was, wow, did she have some great hair-growing genes)!

Patrycja
May 4th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I haven't seen that commercial yet....I will most definately keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for sharing Dave!

Mely
May 4th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I haven't seen that one yet, but I have two similar ads probably for the same company. One has a man looking at his new born baby, when his older self comes along, and another features a man on an airplane who's older self comes along and complements him for sitting in coach. The airplane ad is a bit annoying, but the new dad one isn't.

Radulfr
May 4th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Glad to see that somebody is getting the long-hair-looks-good on-women-regardless-of-their-age message! :thumbsup:

Rini
May 4th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Well I'll probably never see that commercial, but I can imagine :inlove:

Hope I look like that when I'm that age!

Btw, Hi Dave :waving: your hair is looking AWESOME

DaveDecker
May 5th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I haven't seen that one yet, but I have two similar ads probably for the same company. One has a man looking at his new born baby, when his older self comes along, and another features a man on an airplane who's older self comes along and complements him for sitting in coach. The airplane ad is a bit annoying, but the new dad one isn't.

I haven't seen either of those ads, Mely, but the theme practically assures they're for the same company! :) (And not a bad idea for an ad, if there can be such a thing.)

Well I'll probably never see that commercial, but I can imagine :inlove:

Hope I look like that when I'm that age!

Btw, Hi Dave :waving: your hair is looking AWESOME

Hi Rini :waving: right back at ya. Thank you for the compliment. Your blonde hair is coming back nicely. :)

Mrs. K
May 5th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I noticed the beautiful bun immediately the first time I saw that commercial. :agree: A very attractive, simple updo that needs a lot of hair to create. It's nice to see "older" women portrayed with long hair in a positive way. :D Especially since I am on my way to being "older", and don't plan to cut my hair anytime soon :p . :alien: Just had to use the alien smilie!

nomadhome
May 5th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Maybe there's an advertising exec out there who secretly patrols LHC and slipped that in just for us :)