PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever wonder...

jera
March 29th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Do you ever wonder if strangers you meet in the real world might be members of LHC? I muse about this every tme I meet another longhair. :p

Nae
March 29th, 2010, 02:36 PM
All the time! I saw a woman with beautiful thigh length hair just this weekend and I wondered.

Ravenne
March 29th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Yes!! All the time. I can't help but wonder if the girl in my bio class is on here somewhere..

Dreams_in_Pink
March 29th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Never :D neither long hair nor LHC is popular here in Turkey.

redwoman
March 29th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Every time I see a long hair I wonder but never have the nerve to ask.

jera
March 29th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Every time I see a long hair I wonder but never have the nerve to ask.

I'd never ask either. I respect a person's privacy too much, but still, I wonder. I really do. :o

Themyst
March 29th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I remember several threads about this subject. It had been mused about flashing a 'secret code' and if the other long-hair responded, of course you'd know they were a member. Hee hee! I wonder about it too, though.

Capybara
March 29th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Have I ever!
But I can't imagine approaching a stranger about it...Haha!

AgnesONutter
March 29th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I saw a woman with the most beautiful, tailbone length red hennaed braid the other day in a wonderful, hour glass shaped coat in Gothenburg. I was almost convinced she had to be a member, the braid being as taken from one of the albums here but before I could muster the courage and compliment her on her braid and find out she had boarded a bus. Probably for the best. :)

Aevra
March 29th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I wonder about it too...a secret code would be nice...:P

Copasetic
March 29th, 2010, 03:07 PM
I remember several threads about this subject. It had been mused about flashing a 'secret code' and if the other long-hair responded, of course you'd know they were a member. Hee hee! I wonder about it too, though.

Yes!! I remember suggesting some kind of hand sign. :P

I wonder all the time if someone I see is a member. I remember once seeing a girl on campus who was walking ahead of me, and without looking she wrapped her waist length hair into a very nice looking swirly bun and secured it with a hair stick. I am certain she was a member.

moominhapa
March 29th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I wonder this all the time! I stared at someone's hair stick bun for a second longer than I should have on the subway yesterday because I was thinking about just this question. I just joined recently, so hair has been on my mind and I'm seeing longhairs everywhere! A secret code would be awesome. :)

LoversLullaby
March 29th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Yes! I always wonder if a few people I go to school with ever go on here.

CaraLynn
March 29th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I sure do! The other day I was standing behind a woman with gorgeous tb length hair in line at the grocery store and I kept going "Hmm..." :-)

merseaone
March 29th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Do you ever wonder if strangers you meet in the real world might be members of LHC? I muse about this every tme I meet another longhair. :p

I caught myself doing just that while in Walmart today!

Have any of the gals ever met?

deviantkitten
March 29th, 2010, 03:31 PM
There is a woman I see at the commissary all the time with TB length who always has it in a braid. I so wonder........
And merseaone, some ppl do meet up! Depending on where you live, you could always post a thread about having a meetup and see who responds.
I must admit tho, I am a little leery about meeting ppl online. I may only meet up if there was a group of ppl and I spoke to them for some time before. But they do happen!

merseaone
March 29th, 2010, 03:43 PM
There is a woman I see at the commissary all the time with TB length who always has it in a braid. I so wonder........
And merseaone, some ppl do meet up! Depending on where you live, you could always post a thread about having a meetup and see who responds.
I must admit tho, I am a little leery about meeting ppl online. I may only meet up if there was a group of ppl and I spoke to them for some time before. But they do happen!

I was part of a forum online and we use to have gatherings a few times a year in different parts of the country. It was great and we had great fun! Sure once in a while you run into a fruitcake but for the most part everyone has been normal everyday sisters and brothers.

paperwhite
March 29th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I worked with a woman who I suspected being a member of this site (took very good care of her WL hair, always wor it in a bun or braid), but when I asked her if she'd ever heard of it she said no. There's no reason for me not to believe her. There is one member here that very closely resembles her, but the location they have listed isn't local.

ETA: I wouldn't ask a stranger or anyone I didn't know well if they were a member here. I just happened to have worked in a fairly small office :)

dropinthebucket
March 29th, 2010, 04:02 PM
(dropinthebucket checks to see if she is a fruitcake)

merseaone, LOL - that is too funny! you're right, we are all "other members" to other members!
plus i think a person's chances of meeting a fruitcake are just as high (if not higher) IRL... (don't even get me started on that .... the stories i've got ... :) )

merryhair
March 29th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I'd never ask either. I respect a person's privacy too much, but still, I wonder. I really do. :oMe too!!;)

Lixie
March 29th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Funny this topic should come up, just this morning I was wondering the same thing about a woman I spotted today. She had pure white, 1a hair held up with a large black border Ficcare maximus. I've never seen a Ficcare in the wild before!

Rhiannon7
March 29th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Yep. i often do wonder if that certain long hair person that is at the market or at the school or even at work is a member.

Roseate
March 29th, 2010, 04:35 PM
More than length, the things that make me wonder are

1) Hairtoys. Ficcares, high-quality forks, flexis... if I ever see any of those running around, I wonder.

2) Styling. If I see a longhair in an updo more creative than a cinnabun or a braid, I wonder.

Long hair itself is fairly common here, but LHC ways of treating it are not, so it takes a little more to get me wondering!

Aeon F.
March 29th, 2010, 04:47 PM
... I've never seen a Ficcare in the wild before!

:rollin: ahahahahha! Ficcares in the "wild" I like that saying ! :D :D I too, have never seen them in the "wild" being worn- only a few times in "captivity" (ie, nordstroms.)

I see so few longhairs (longer than BSL anyway) around here, that I never wonder about it. Though I'd certainly like to know a secret handshake or code should I ever run into someone with WL or longer hair...

Arctic_Mama
March 29th, 2010, 04:50 PM

I think the secret code is a GREAT idea, because I'd never ask directly. If someone asks about MY hair or hair care I always tell them about this site, but I'm too chicken to just blurt without an opening.

A hairstick salute or something would certainly make discerning members easier :lol:

SpinDance
March 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I was wondering this just yesterday. I was at a performance in Cincinnati and happened to be behind a lady with hair appeared to be 1a, red, fairy tailed to TB. I was temped to say something, but didn't, of course.

I've yet to see Ficcares, Flexis and such in the 'wild'.

my2cats1
March 29th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Have you ever wondered if your favorite long-haired CELEBRITY is here? :eyebrows: I'm guessing with all the hair abuse they put up with (daily styling damage on TV or movie sets, or having hair styled or colored several times for a photo shoot) they must go somewhere to learn how to keep what length they have healthy. Maybe here!

(and uh, no, I'm not a celebrity myself. Just something to ponder!)

:cheese:

Kristin
March 29th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Every time I see another long hair, I wonder. I, also, would never ask. It would be so cool to meet another LHCer in the real world, though!

missmandy
March 29th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Oh gosh, all the time.... Whenever I see someone with past BSL hair I wonder if they're an LHC member.... It's a constant wonder for me.

ilovelonghair
March 29th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I know for a fact there is one member in my town, a guy, but he hasn't been on the forum for a while, hope he's ok.
But yes I sometimes wonder if some people are members from here, but there are not many people with really long hair here, or maybe they are growing it, who knows :)

beez1717
March 29th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I keep wanting to try and get more cute girls on here and help them grow to their potential. I also want to tell guys too!

Carolyn
March 29th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I recall a couple of previous threads. Was a secret sign ever decided on? I don't remember that it was. It would be cool if we had one.

I've never seen a Ficcare, Mei Fa's or other of our favorite hair toys "in the wild" as Lixie put it. I think I might stop the person and ask if I saw. There have to be Flexi 8s around here as they have a booth at the Spencer (Iowa) Fair and they sell a lot of them.

There are lots of meets. Some are big arranged things and some are just friends getting together for lunch types of things. It's always fun to meet other LHCers and "talk hair". I remember someone being recognized and posting about it. I think it was KBF.

LunarAurora
March 29th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I always wonder indeed. Well, in fact I don't know if here in France there are a lot of people from this forum but we have a French long hair forum too, and when I see somebody with long and beautiful hair, I go and ask on the forum if it was a person from it.

I wouldn't dare to ask the person when i see her, although I wouldn't care if somebody asked me the same :)

Igor
March 29th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Maybe we should all decide on a secret sign :eyebrows:

How about adding a braid dangle of one kind or another to the bag when we leave the home? :wink:

Themyst
March 29th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I don't know what it could be. The sign would have to be something casual to the non-LHC onlooker, so if they weren't a member, we wouldn't feel foolish about 'flashing the sign'. :o

Themyst
March 29th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Yes!! I remember suggesting some kind of hand sign. :P

Do you remember what your suggestion was? I can't find the original thread.

missjessiecakes
March 29th, 2010, 07:28 PM
If I really love their hair I ask and if they aren't and sound interested I send them over, they might never come here but I guess I dont mind asking people.

beez1717
March 29th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I don't know what it could be. The sign would have to be something casual to the non-LHC onlooker, so if they weren't a member, we wouldn't feel foolish about 'flashing the sign'. :o

There is the old wear a hair tie on your left wrist idea... (taken from the rubberband idea)

DaveDecker
March 29th, 2010, 09:01 PM
There is the old wear a hair tie on your left wrist idea... (taken from the rubberband idea)

This one might suffice... :thumbsup:

deviantkitten
March 29th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Maybe wiggle your braid at someone LOL
Take it around your shoulder, grab it mid length, and just wiggle it in front of the person with the goofiest smile on your face you can muster LOL
or if you are wearing hairsticks, just turn around so your back is facing them, then twirl your hairstick a bit.....with an insane smile
wearing a fork? Great! Again, turn around, and slide your fork in and out of your 'do a little several times.....again with a grin that makes you look insane
And of course, all of these should be followed by facing the person, then giving a little *wink, wink, nod, nod*
Aaaaaaaand done!

jera
March 30th, 2010, 12:56 AM
I sure do! The other day I was standing behind a woman with gorgeous tb length hair in line at the grocery store and I kept going "Hmm..." :-)

Maybe that was me ! Doesn't it just drive you crazy with curiousity? :p

I've never seen a Ficcare in the wild before!

Wel put. Hahaha. :D

Oskimosa
March 30th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Yes, it really does! I have met another hennahead who turned out to be a member but she said she never posted or visited anymore. I think she got annoyed by my mentioning it. On maybe two other occasions I had told people how pretty their long hair was and they seemed bothered rather than appreciative, so I made up my mind not to compliment anyone again. I tried not to be "trollish" or anything, staring or making odd observations! I know longhairs can be sensitive about weirdos :(

WaitingSoLong
March 30th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I have never seen hair toys in the wild at all. There are not many long hairs around here so not sure what my chances are of a LHC sighting. As for hand sign, first thing that popped into my head:

"She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead"

L...for LHC. But you won't catch me doing that LOL.

Too many people wear scrunchies on their wrists as it is. I do it all the time! Of course I AM an LHCer.

I have told one stranger about LHC, only because she was complaining about her hair (after complimenting mine). She had never heard of it and was not really interested in checking us out. She was complaining that she cannot grow her (super dyed styled blow fried strawlike)hair past shoulder length. I told her LHC could teach her a lot and I was confident she could reach a longer length. Oh well.

I like the braid dangle thing. My daughter has those little beads with letters on them. We could make ones that say LHC and clip them to purses/keychains.

Does LHC have any products? Like T-shirts or stickers or hats? A logo we can copy with permission to transfer onto clothing or something?

GrowAlready
March 30th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I saw a lady with very long silver hair at wal-mart the other day. I didn't feel comfortable approaching her as she looked busy. I wish I had someone close to me to teach me some up-dos! A logo would be nice.

Nae
March 30th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Oh yes!! I would totally buy a keychain or a t-shirt. It would be nice if we could get some and have the proceeds go to keeping the site going. I want a coffee mug too, that way I can sip my java while catching up with my favorite clan!!!

That would be so much fun, it would help us identify each other too, I would be so bad at a secret handshake or whatever lol.

halo_tightens
March 30th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I think it would ROCK if we had the opportunity to buy LCH-logo gear! Maybe just a few basics... t-shirt, mug, pen... :)

geosangel
March 30th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I like the idea of the bead thing hanging from the purse or even a key chain would be cool. I see a ton of long hairs here in Florida and I am always wondering, but too shy to ask.

Pixna
March 30th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Yep!!! I am always half-tempted to ask, but I don't want to invade anyone's privacy. I sometimes wonder if anyone has thought the same thing about me. If you have ever wondered, Is that Pixna?, I don't mind if you ask. :gabigrin:

Oskimosa
March 30th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Yep!!! I am always half-tempted to ask, but I don't want to invade anyone's privacy. I sometimes wonder if anyone has thought the same thing about me. If you have ever wondered, Is that Pixna?, I don't mind if you ask. :gabigrin:

Me too! I'd love to be asked. I'm convinced theres lots of longhairs in Houston, and also in SE Va where I grew up and visit often. I see lots of members from both places.

MandyBeth
March 30th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Well, I doubt anyone here thinks I'm a longhair, but every once in a while - esp if I leave my direct area - I'll see people who have longhair that is actually well taken care of and I have to go, hrmmm.... I know there are people near me, but too chicken to ask.

pinkbunny
March 30th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I vote for the logo design! I'm a graphic artist, so I could try to think up some ideas... Maybe the mods could hold a contest or something? It's also a good idea that LHC could sell tshirts, keychains, etc. and use the proceeds to help fund the site!

CrisDee
March 30th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Hanging out in airports as I do, I wonder this all the time! I usually do some deductive reasoning before I ask, and most of the long hair I see isn't very well taken care of. But when I do ask (and I've never run into anyone who was), when the person has said no, they weren't a member, I took the time to recommend the site., figuring they might at least want some new updo ideas :)

jera
March 30th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I vote for the logo design! I'm a graphic artist, so I could try to think up some ideas... Maybe the mods could hold a contest or something? It's also a good idea that LHC could sell tshirts, keychains, etc. and use the proceeds to help fund the site!

That's an awesome idea. I'd wear an LHC tee and use their key chain too if they had one. Are you listening mods? :D

rachelily
March 30th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Yes! I saw this girl in Chipotle the other day with THE most beautiful hair I have ever seen, approaching tailbone length, blonde, 2b perfect braid-like waves. It looked so healthy I swear she probably never took an iron to it. I just stared at it the whole time I was eating my burrito, glad her friends didn't notice how creepy I was being :)

Naturelover
March 30th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Sometimes when I run errands I rarely see extremely long hair. I know I'm not the only member here from Oklahoma, so I just never know if I run into anyone.

camirra555
March 30th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I think about that all the time when I see a nice healthy head of long hair

chargersfan
March 30th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Funny this topic should come up, just this morning I was wondering the same thing about a woman I spotted today. She had pure white, 1a hair held up with a large black border Ficcare maximus. I've never seen a Ficcare in the wild before!

Right after discovering Ficcares from this site, I went to visit my mom and discovered a large maximus in her hair! Apparently she has quite a few. She's a devout Nordstrom shopper, so it made sense, but I wouldn't have ever noticed the clips if I didn't learn about them from this site.

walterSCAN
March 30th, 2010, 10:04 PM
All the time!!

There's a really nice girl in one of my classes with elbow length hair that I am *convinced* must be a member here, her hair's in such good condition... but I can't seem to muster the courage to ask! ><

ilovelonghair
March 31st, 2010, 02:46 AM

Everybody with long hair here where I live does that! Maybe they are all members :)

elina333
March 31st, 2010, 03:01 AM
Haha me too! Especially if they're wearing a hair stick :guns:

nycstar
March 31st, 2010, 03:10 AM
I do often wonder about that. I actually don't tell anyone about my new obsession with LHC (except for my hubby) but I did recently tell one friend about it because she's a long hair as well and is passionate about keeping her length (she's 40+). It was surprising for me to see how many people from NYC are here!

WaitingSoLong
March 31st, 2010, 06:11 AM
Coffee mugs and keychains would be definite buys for me. And a tassle or something unique to LHC to hand off purses. And a T-shirt...yes!

I belong to another non-profit organization that does this, has logo stuff they sell to support the organization or promote it. It is for trail riders (horses). I have bought several of their items. They have a secret symbol, it is a bright orange LARGE handkerchief/bandana with horseshoes and their logo on it. You can wear it, tie it to your car antannae, put it around your horses neck (hence the size), your own neck, your head, etc. Whenever you visit a horseman's camp you can identify other people in the organization. It is fun. They even had a findraising competition once where you were to make something with the bandanas. I know one lady made a skirt (as I said, these things are huge), several made various hats or items for their horses to wear, even moccasins. The proceeds all went to the organization and I am not sure what the winner received. I think a free year's membership or something.

I am not very creative when it comes to ideas like this, but maybe this will spark an idea for someone else? Obviously LHC has little to do with horses. Although I do admit I envy my horses' hair length. LOL. I will have to measure their tales and see how close I am getting...

merseaone
March 31st, 2010, 02:59 PM
Well, y'all might think I am crazy but I often talk to people in stores, just start up chatting while in line at grocer's, commenting on how nice someone's hair or outfit is, especially if they look a bit down, something to make someone laugh or just make their day. In the past I've had people come up to me and ask how I did my hair and if it was a simple do then I would take it down and put it together so they could see how I did it.

Guess I'm one of those fruitcakes I was talking about a few pages back! LOL

LadyJennifer
March 31st, 2010, 03:02 PM
I wonder all the time!

LadyJennifer
March 31st, 2010, 03:09 PM
Me too! I'd love to be asked. I'm convinced theres lots of longhairs in Houston, and also in SE Va where I grew up and visit often. I see lots of members from both places.
It would be a compliment to be asked! It would most likely mean;
1. Your hair is long
2. your hair is really healthy-looking

little_cherry
March 31st, 2010, 03:11 PM
Next time I see a long hair, I'll wiggle my pinky.. ;)

merseaone
March 31st, 2010, 03:15 PM
It would be a compliment to be asked! It would most likely mean;
1. Your hair is long
2. your hair is really healthy-looking

Actually I learned about CO washing when I asked a girl at work about her knee length perfect hair! Maybe she is on here....

enfys
March 31st, 2010, 03:17 PM
Well, y'all might think I am crazy but I often talk to people in stores, just start up chatting while in line at grocer's, commenting on how nice someone's hair or outfit is, especially if they look a bit down, something to make someone laugh or just make their day. In the past I've had people come up to me and ask how I did my hair and if it was a simple do then I would take it down and put it together so they could see how I did it.

Guess I'm one of those fruitcakes I was talking about a few pages back! LOL

Come to Wales; we're known for being like that! :p

Maybe people get offended or freaked out because they don't know the site? Maybe they think it has another motive, as a long hair appreciation site? If someone suggested I join, or worse still thought I was on a site like that and I didn't know them I'd think it was odd to say the least.

I tend not to wonder it myself; what difference would it make? I'll stick to meets and not torment myself.

sibiryachka
March 31st, 2010, 06:38 PM
Next time I see a long hair, I'll wiggle my pinky.. ;)

Way to keep it simple! :D I'd definitely support the logo/mug idea too, though.

janice
March 31st, 2010, 06:53 PM
I really like this idea! We should totally have a secret code! Or start doing the cheese dance maybe?

NuclearMosquito
March 31st, 2010, 08:15 PM
I would totally buy LHC merchandise! At least a t-shirt. Maybe the site could use some extra income to stay running?

jera
April 1st, 2010, 01:23 AM
Way to keep it simple! :D I'd definitely support the logo/mug idea too, though.

Awesome.

I would totally buy LHC merchandise! At least a t-shirt. Maybe the site could use some extra income to stay running?

I think this would be a great idea to generate custom for LHC. Here are some of my merchandise ideas...

Teeshirts

Sweatshirts

Mugs

Keychains

Decals

Patches

Refrigerator magnets

Bumperstickers

Anything else anyone?

Themyst
April 1st, 2010, 09:17 AM
I've been thinking. A bumper sticker, or T-shirt might just catch the eye of a perv ... and then he'd know what forum I visit and would be able to follow my every move. Has anyone thought of that concern?

sibiryachka
April 1st, 2010, 10:39 AM
I've been thinking. A bumper sticker, or T-shirt might just catch the eye of a perv ... and then he'd know what forum I visit and would be able to follow my every move. Has anyone thought of that concern?

If the logo design wasn't too specific - maybe just the LHC acronym instead of spelling it out? - I can't see how it would be any more of a perv magnet than your your hair itself.

Themyst
April 1st, 2010, 11:11 AM
If the logo design wasn't too specific - maybe just the LHC acronym instead of spelling it out? - I can't see how it would be any more of a perv magnet than your your hair itself.

I suppose I was thinking that if a perv saw me out somewhere, it ends when I leave (the store or where ever). But, if he knows the forum I frequent, he can look up all my posts and figure out a whole bunch of stuff about me - possibly even where I lived or visit. It's not just about me, I'm thinking of others, too. I know there are those who think the chances of the happening are pretty slim, but I've seen otherwise.

But, if it was just a symbol, maybe no one could really put that together.

Qadupae
April 1st, 2010, 11:28 AM
I like the ideas everyone is coming up with, but I mostly see long hair people at my job and I have a strict uniform policy. I could probably only do a tight bracelet with maybe charm letters or charm symbol or maybe symbol earrings that are studs.

As for using a symbol instead of LHC, why not somehow combine the 3 letters into one so that each one is still visible and recognizable to members, but no one else? A good example of such a symbol would like this L+C but insert and increase the size of the + into the L and connect the C to the end of it. It ends up looking like some weird runic symbol, but you can still make out LHC from it. I will try to post an example pic soon.

ETA: Logo ideas

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5231&pictureid=68297 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5231&pictureid=68298

merseaone
April 1st, 2010, 12:09 PM

I hope you aren't offended but I think you are being just a tad paranoid. I wear all kinds of tee shirts, everyone wears all kinds of tee shirts, most people don't think about if it is from an online group. I wear tee shirts from 5k's I or my husband have run or ones I have found in the thrift store, I carry a bag with a picture of my artwork on it (wish people would take notice and ask about it!), I wear a tee shirt in honor of my musician friend who is recovering from several diseases due to contact with second hand smoke, right now I have on a tee shirt with a faerie picture on it and it says "Got Faerie?"... sure someone might take notice but more times than not the pervs have better ways to track people down.

kabelaced
April 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM
Oh gosh, it's funny that you mention it! Ever since I really started coming here more often, I've seen people with long beautiful hair in my town or while I'm out somewhere and I either a.) want to tell them about this place or b.) wonder if they already know :)

Has there ever been any kind of LHC meet up, I wonder?

Themyst
April 1st, 2010, 12:51 PM
I hope you aren't offended but I think you are being just a tad paranoid. I wear all kinds of tee shirts, everyone wears all kinds of tee shirts, most people don't think about if it is from an online group. I wear tee shirts from 5k's I or my husband have run or ones I have found in the thrift store, I carry a bag with a picture of my artwork on it (wish people would take notice and ask about it!), I wear a tee shirt in honor of my musician friend who is recovering from several diseases due to contact with second hand smoke, right now I have on a tee shirt with a faerie picture on it and it says "Got Faerie?"... sure someone might take notice but more times than not the pervs have better ways to track people down.

No offense taken. I am paranoid. :) But, like I said, my thought is only from personal experience. Without getting into the details, I've had strange men track me down before. It's a very strange feeling. Now, if we're just talking logos, no, it's very likely someone would not figure out what website it was related to.

WaitingSoLong
April 1st, 2010, 12:56 PM
Here are some of my merchandise ideas...

Teeshirts
Sweatshirts
Mugs
Keychains
Decals
Patches
Refrigerator magnets
Bumperstickers
Anything else anyone?

License plate borders. Bracelets. PURSES. Earrings. Pins/buttons (mt DD puts buttons on her purse, ya know, like campaign buttons with a pin). Window decals (removeable, instead of bumperstickers). Those little things that hang off your car antannaes. The things that dangle from your rearview mirror. Bookmarks. A deck of LHC cards. Book covers (for students). PENCILS AND PENS! Just thought of that one. Hair scrunchies. Pencil toppers.

What about combining two unlikely colors for the logo, so even if the LHC is not visible, the colors would catch your eye. Like...lime green and bright red. Now THAT would catch my eye. LOL.

We could all just take ordinary safety pins and place a few lime green and red beads on it, pin them to our shirts/purses/keys. Simple, yet uniquely identifying, right? Some could even make lime green and red hair scrunchies or barrettes or earrings or whatever.

Merkaba
April 1st, 2010, 12:59 PM
Only if it's in good condition and long.

I saw a woman on the 333 bus about a week ago who had waist length brown/grey hair in gorgeous condition...she was wearing a black cap, had a purple backpack, off the shoulder green shirt, round sun glasses and high waisted pants. This was between Vista/Oceanside. I wanted to ask her but then decided it would be weird. Her hair was in excellent condition though.

teela1978
April 1st, 2010, 01:11 PM
Spotted my first ficcare in the wild today and thought it might be a member. Rather short hair though, so who knows.

Amber Joy
April 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM
I thought that when I was getting my son off the school bus this afternoon. Across the street was a lady with beautiful just past tailbone length hair.

SummerWarmth
April 1st, 2010, 02:18 PM
Take it around your shoulder, grab it mid length, and just wiggle it in front of the person with the goofiest smile on your face you can muster LOL
or if you are wearing hairsticks, just turn around so your back is facing them, then twirl your hairstick a bit.....with an insane smile
wearing a fork? Great! Again, turn around, and slide your fork in and out of your 'do a little several times.....again with a grin that makes you look insane
And of course, all of these should be followed by facing the person, then giving a little *wink, wink, nod, nod*
Aaaaaaaand done!
Deviant Kitten,

LOL I love it. Noted. All else onboard? ;-p

BrightEyes7
April 1st, 2010, 02:37 PM
Yes!!! I always see women with long hair and want to ask but then think better of it... I don't want these people looking at me like I'm crazy!

lunagoose
April 1st, 2010, 02:41 PM
Yes, sometimes I wonder about the same thing.

jera
April 1st, 2010, 03:01 PM
Spotted my first ficcare in the wild today and thought it might be a member. Rather short hair though, so who knows.

Might be a newbie? You can never tell from short hair just where a person maybe on their hair journey.:p

jera
April 1st, 2010, 03:13 PM

I agree. Even a regular logo shouldn't attract maniacs would they? I mean there are all kinds of bumper stickers, clubs, fans and logos in the world. Why would a pervert target LHC more than anyone else.

We could sell LHC handcuffs though just in case we have to defend ourselves. :D

I like the ideas everyone is coming up with, but I mostly see long hair people at my job and I have a strict uniform policy. I could probably only do a tight bracelet with maybe charm letters or charm symbol or maybe symbol earrings that are studs.

As for using a symbol instead of LHC, why not somehow combine the 3 letters into one so that each one is still visible and recognizable to members, but no one else? A good example of such a symbol would like this L+C but insert and increase the size of the + into the L and connect the C to the end of it. It ends up looking like some weird runic symbol, but you can still make out LHC from it. I will try to post an example pic soon.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5231&pictureid=68297 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5231&pictureid=68298

License plate borders. Bracelets. PURSES. Earrings. Pins/buttons (mt DD puts buttons on her purse, ya know, like campaign buttons with a pin). Window decals (removeable, instead of bumperstickers). Those little things that hang off your car antannaes. The things that dangle from your rearview mirror. Bookmarks. A deck of LHC cards. Book covers (for students). PENCILS AND PENS! Just thought of that one. Hair scrunchies. Pencil toppers.

We could all just take ordinary safety pins and place a few lime green and red beads on it, pin them to our shirts/purses/keys. Simple, yet uniquely identifying, right? Some could even make lime green and red hair scrunchies or barrettes or earrings or whatever.

I like the bracelet idea and played with the thought of a cuff bracelet, but I love your design for charms and studs.

How about an LHC hair fork? What could be better? :D

walterSCAN
April 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5231&pictureid=68297

I REALLY like this logo... If you don't mind, the next time I make myself a bag, I might put this on it... And if anyone sees me carrying it, feel free to say hi!

lhangel9
April 1st, 2010, 07:55 PM
I often do, especially when their hair is really long and pretty!

Qadupae
April 2nd, 2010, 06:18 AM
I REALLY like this logo... If you don't mind, the next time I make myself a bag, I might put this on it... And if anyone sees me carrying it, feel free to say hi!

By all means ^_^ I might make a bracelet from it soon or just do charms for the letters LHC

IndigoAsh
April 2nd, 2010, 08:26 AM
what a good idea you guys!!! I've wondered it a few times, but people here usually look at the ground. They consider staring bad luck by giving them the evil eye (ojo). Hard for me not to sometimes. I try to keep my conversations saved for the people from up north. There was a lady last Monday with classic length hair and I had to stop her to tell her how lovely her hair is. I wish people stopped me T.T I'm not hard to spot, the lady with the fighting twins and the 2 year old.lol.

I love those designs Qadupae!!! I think it'd be awesome of LHC sold merchandise! Hair stuff would be cool and I'm always for cute tees.

merseaone
April 2nd, 2010, 08:50 AM
I agree. Even a regular logo shouldn't attract maniacs would they? I mean there are all kinds of bumper stickers, clubs, fans and logos in the world. Why would a pervert target LHC more than anyone else.

We could sell LHC handcuffs though just in case we have to defend ourselves. :D

I like the bracelet idea and played with the thought of a cuff bracelet, but I love your design for charms and studs.

How about an LHC hair fork? What could be better? :D

What if a person isn't into braceletes and hair forks? I haven't been able to get my hair to stay up never mind use forks and the likes.

walterSCAN
April 2nd, 2010, 10:36 AM
By all means ^_^ I might make a bracelet from it soon or just do charms for the letters LHC

Yay! Now I just have to come up with a good bag idea... Ooo! Maybe I'll needle-felt it onto the bag I just made for my netbook... :hmm:

sibiryachka
April 2nd, 2010, 10:41 AM
Aaaaaaaand done!

We need an " I wiggle my braid in your general direction" smiley.

ilovelonghair
April 7th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Yesterday I saw a lady with knee length hair and was wondering if she knows this forum: her hair was in such good condition.

Gem
April 7th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Three years ago I sat down in class next to a random student on the first day of class. I asked if she henna'd because her hair was such a pretty red. She said yes, and then asked if I had heard of LHC. I literally did a double-take :D
We both had just chopped our hair pretty short too, so if not for the henna question, we probably would never have known.

kelly-j
April 7th, 2010, 03:47 AM
No, not really. But I constantly look at everyones hair and in my head I hairtype them.:D