PDA

View Full Version : Hair compliments! etc.

WaitingSoLong
March 29th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Haven't had any, really, in awhile. But this past week I have had several.

My MIL said my hair looks like Rapunzel and asked me if I have had it cut in the last 10 years. LOL. Wow, I think if I hadn't cut it in the last 10 years I would be knee length by now! I have, in fact, had several major chops in the last 10 years. As short as just above shoulders back in 2003. Then 4" two different times, plus an inch here, an inch there. I bet I have had 18" cut off in the last 10 years. Anyway, she hasn't seen my hair down in awhile and couldn't believe how long it is, even though it is the same length it was a year ago? Oh well. LOL.

Then an older lady at church who sits behind me complimented my infinity bun. She said my hair is so pretty in my buns, she just sits behind me and admires it. She said she thinks it is pretty down, too, but apparently she likes when I wear it up. This is only the second bun compliment I have had since I started bunning a year ago. Few around here wears buns and I believe I have the longest hair in my church. There is one older lady who comes occasionally who wears a gray bun. I have NEVER seen her hair down and have no clue how long it is. I would love to watch her put up her hair. She is a quiet, fragile type old lady (90?)

I am secretly glad when I see people get a big chop. I am thinking HA, less competition! Although I am not sure against what I am competing and I am sure they couldn't care less about my hair length. lol. I guess I just have less people to envy.

One younger girl in my church who always had longer hair than me chopped it before she had her baby. After that she told me she sees my hair and wishes she never cut hers. Best I can tell, she is letting it grow again. She has silky/shiny thick blonde hair and is the envy of me! I am starting to eb known as the long haired lady, not that that is bad, but I think that is all people know me by. I am quiet IRL.

My aunt has TBL hair, I guess. Her hair is so thin at the ends (she is at terminal I guess) I cannot really tell where it is. The only other person I know who has longer thair than me is another mom at my dd's school. She is classic I think. Not sure I will ever pass her up, I think she is growing to term as well. She has pretty brown hair and her dd has really long hair, too.

I have to chalk the recent compliments up to my recent addition of sun-in :run:No one has noticed it is slightly lighter but more people are complimenting it. The lady at the hospital I was talking to said my hair sure was long and asked me how long I had been growing it. Not expecting the comment, I replied sarcastically: all my life (I mean, my hair doesn't stop growing even if I cut it). I chuckled and she looked perplexed. At the end of my appointment she asked me if I had REALLY been growing my hair all my life. I explained what I meant. I never really answered her question because I do not know the answer. I haven't been purposely growing my hair for length until the last 2 years. But it was long when I started, so ??? Since I have had several chops, I cannot say I have grown it since _______. If I say a couple years, they would gawk. I mean, it is not like I shaved it then started from scratch.

I have finally come up with a reply to "how long will you grow your hair". My answer is: I do not plan to cut it ever again. Since I do not know my terminal length and "terminal length" is not a phrase with which most people are familiar, I opt out of saying that.

My husband says I just need to come up with pat answers so as to avoid the sarcasm that comes out when I get surprised by dumb hair questions. If I am moody (PMS) I just wear my hair up. People usually don't give stupid comments when my hair is up.

Thanks for reading. I do not have anyone to talk to about hair but you guys!

Beaglebuddy
March 29th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is well deserving of the compliments. It is very pretty!