PDA

View Full Version : What I love about henna...

tiggerousity
March 28th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Henna makes me take myself less seriously, to be open to possibilities.
It is organic, as in earthy and living and unique.
Henna is unpredictable in a nice way.....it helps me to appreciate the variations in life.
Henna helps me to explore and laugh at myself, with myself.
Henna is creative and inspires me.
Henna is something I do to myself, for myself.
Henna connects; it is a community thing.

What do you love about henna? Or cassia or? :)

Unofficial_Rose
March 28th, 2010, 03:26 PM
It's saved my over-bleached hair - it feels soft again
You can blend in highlights with virgin roots
No root demarcation line
It's a plant, pure and simple
No trips to the hairdressers, oh the freedom!
It covers grey (not ready for mine yet)
I rather enjoy the whole mud ritual.
Oh yes, and the colours are beautiful

talecon
March 28th, 2010, 03:56 PM
its healthy
its organic
I can do it as much as I want (and believe me I do ;) )
it makes my hair shiny
it makes my hair stronger
it makes me want to take pictures to show off the color to my family and my friends and everyone
and I get more compliments with the henna than I ever did with chemical dyes which is a great boost to the self-esteem :)

walterSCAN
March 28th, 2010, 09:03 PM
It's actually good for my hair.

The mud is fun to squish. :wink:

It's natural and smells gorgeous and earthy.

It makes me feel good about my hair.

I get to have fun with my friend who helps me henna.

It doesn't fade.

It makes my hair stronger.

It feels great to use something that isn't a 'product' that also makes an actual, really noticeable change to my hair.

Bellatrix
March 30th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Great thread idea.

I love henna because:

It saved me from dying sprees

It doesn't have chemical fumes that irritate my eyes/choke me

It's more ecologically sound

It gives such a vibrant sheen, with a myriad of tones

It's so fun to mix/apply

I really like the way it smells, kind of a grassy/hay smell

CrisDee
March 30th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I love:

the strength it's given my hair
the fact that it's a natural plant, not chemical
no eye-burning fumes
the smell (when mixed with cinnamon and cloves, really don't like it without these)
the incredible shine my hair now has
the lower cost

RedStripe
March 30th, 2010, 10:33 AM
All of the above, plus it costs me way less than getting my hair chemically dyed in a salon.

Tarja Sky
March 30th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I really like the colour, the strength it gives my hair, the shine, the natural way of colouring my hair...:)
I'm not so fond of the smell.... but it's still a better smell than chemical dye.

georgia_peach
March 30th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Henna makes me take myself less seriously, to be open to possibilities.
It is organic, as in earthy and living and unique.
Henna is unpredictable in a nice way.....it helps me to appreciate the variations in life.
Henna helps me to explore and laugh at myself, with myself.
Henna is creative and inspires me.
Henna is something I do to myself, for myself.
Henna connects; it is a community thing.

Very nice! I can only say "ditto" to that! :)

masa_inn
March 30th, 2010, 04:16 PM
The smell! Not immediately after hennaing, but after a few days. I wish I could make it linger on my hair fo-re-ver.

dropinthebucket
March 31st, 2010, 09:08 AM
It feels like chemistry! (brouhahahaha..... mad scientist laugh!)

sibiryachka
April 1st, 2010, 11:06 AM
I love all the ways it benefits my hair, but just as much I love the ancientness (is that a word?) of it. I feel a connection with all the centuries of people before me who've been using it the same way all along. I also love the do-it-yourself factor; that is my default setting for almost anything, and it delights me to have my hair's care solely in my own hands. Although I do occasionally long for an extended-family household so I could get some help with the tricky bits...

little_cherry
April 1st, 2010, 02:50 PM
I love everything about henna..when it is henna day, it feels like the entire day is a spa day! I make facial masques, do a pedicure and manicure, enjoy a glass of wine and sit in the tub towards the end. It feels so good to have the coolness of the henna paste on the head in the summertime!

catysue
April 1st, 2010, 11:15 PM
I love everything about henna.

I love the smell of it; when I mix it up, when it's on my head, and when it lingers in my hair for days after. Sometimes the smell will linger for weeks - I'll be washing my hair and catch a whiff of henna and smile. I wish there was a perfume that smelled like henna mud. I looove it.

I love playing alchemist and trying out different mixes with different fun ingredients.

I love the mess!! I love getting henna all over me and my bathroom. I never wear gloves when I apply henna because it's less fun :P I feel like a kid playing in a mud puddle - a mud puddle that makes your hair beautiful! I love squshing the henna mud in to my hair and piling all my hair up on top of my head and glooping some more mud on top of that. It makes me smile.

I love the unpredictability. Washing out henna is like opening a present on Christmas day. I've done henna enough times now to know that no matter how it comes out, it will be fantastic. Whether it's bright and vibrant and orangey or deep burgundy red, I love it no matter how it turns out, and it always looks beautiful in the end.

I love the natural variation in color it gives to my hair. The top part of my hair is a lot lighter than the bottom, because I spend a lot of time in the sun, and so the top part of my hair is a pretty vibrant red while the bottom is deep dark burgundy-brown. It's very eye-catching and visually interesting. I also have whispy blonde bits around my hairline and henna turns them fiery red-orange - they really pop.

I love the strength and the shine. I feel like I have a new head of hair after I henna. Out of all the crazy LHC things I do to my hair, henna is what makes the biggest difference in the condition of my hair.

I love all of the compliments I get on my henna'ed hair. It's unique, natural looking (nobody ever guesses I'm not naturally a redhead!) and striking. Everyone loves it. One time a girl told me my hair looked like Ariel's, from the Little Mermaid, and I'm constantly asked what I use to dye my hair.

I have a batch of henna sitting on my head right now, I can't wait to see how it turns out in the morning :)

Nera
April 5th, 2010, 07:02 AM
(Hendigo):
-it's the only thing that gives me the color I want without damage...
-it's fun to do
-it is a great conditioner
-gives a nice equal highlightless color on my hair

rach
April 5th, 2010, 10:24 AM
It's not a blank colour in your hair .
Roots graduate in colour so there is no straight root line.
It has lovely unique spectrum.
It richness brown shades.
The deeper henna red shades suits my complexion
The sunshine glisten beautifully within it :crush:
Don't need to worry about damaging your hair at each application.
Thickened and conditioned up my damaged hair to begin with (till i hit full saturation then it didn't have much left to fill)
feels therapeutic and after mermaid soak i'm convinced my skin feels nicer too :ponder:

simply put- i just love the stuff :p

tiggerousity
April 5th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Henna's stunning shades validate my pale skin :)