PDA

View Full Version : Freezing indigo

Fractalsofhair
March 28th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Sorry if there's already a thread on this.

Can you freeze indigo mixes? I picked up a light brown mix of henna/indigo because I need to have my hair more of a natural color for college interviews and jobs over the summer, and I figured light brown would be good. Last time I used this brand, I froze the henna before use. Can that be done with a henna+indigo mix and if so, what is the effect on the dye release?

Also, does anybody know of any good natural looking red mixes? My hair color looked natural at first, for the first few weeks, but as it's faded, it's gotten a bit more orange and looks unnatural, which could be a problem. I like the bright red, but I wouldn't mind it looking more natural for jobs. My hair is a light blond naturally, and I do not want it to go burgundy or dark red at all costs!

Isilme
March 28th, 2010, 12:28 PM
From my own experience, you can freeze the powder, but not the actual mix because the indigo will demise during the freezing process.

Heidi_234
March 28th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Indigo demises VERY quickly, and I'm afraid freezing it won't help, so all you'll be left with is just henna when you defreeze it.

Fractalsofhair
March 28th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Darn it! Oh well, I'll just have to watch it.